User Tag List

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 270

Thread: U.S. Open 2008

  1. #69
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile The Doubles pairs weren't as busy as the Singles players..

    ...as there were also quite a bit of last minute withdrawals. Plus the Singles players were doing double duty playing both Singles and Doubles events...

    Here are some pics...(i'm mixing all the Doubles actions)..

    Doubles

    Btw, nothing is worst than a feeling for being in the spotlight, in these 2 photos, directly below....to feel embarrassed and being "warned" by the Tournament Referee, to say the least...for not having tournament ready shirts...(their match was delayed a few minutes, actually, but they finally finished it)





























    Oh look, is that Tony Gunawan??.....Look closely........
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-09-2008 at 03:47 PM.

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Germania
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks for your pics, but could you be so kind and explain who is who (for those living outside california)?

    pics 7 and 8 of post 69 looks like halim...
    Last edited by stork; 07-09-2008 at 03:53 PM.

  3. #71
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default And here are the last few..

    ...i have some more, but they're still being uploaded to a Slide website, for easier viewing..hope they'll be plenty for the time being..

    I've also recorded (will do so for the rest of the week) some matches, but i probably won't be able to provide them to you guys. Sorry for the lack of expediency...

    Misc..





















    [URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2964157910103539251AfTsAM]












  4. #72
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aZn_Popcorn View Post
    actually there was 1 major upset. Charmein Reid(2nd seed) lost to Lili Zhou which I am assuming is a coach of one of the Cali Clubs?
    ..well, both are top class players and if either should lose, i wouldn't call that an upset. Being seeded doesn't really qualify one to be considered better than a non-seeded/lower seeded player..
    Quote Originally Posted by stork View Post
    thanks for your pics, but could you be so kind and explain who is who (for those living outside california)?

    pics 7 and 8 of post 69 looks like halim...
    ..yes, i shall do that for you guys, in due time...For now, i've got to run, ruuuuun...

    ..be back later guys..

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thx for the photos, much appreciated!

  6. #74
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,149
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    excellent, PaparaChris! keep them coming. what monster camera/lens are you using this time?

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey, good job Chris. From your observations, who do you consider the fave for the MS? So difficult with so many unknown names.

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..Quick recap:
    what a night, i meant day, it was..
    To sum it up, there were many2 withdrawals esp. to a "star-powerless" tourney and making it more like a depleted tourney.
    There weren't any major upsets. But there were quite a few interesting matches that went down to the wire.

    ..yep, quite true indeed...Lee "Don't call me Lee Chong Wei" Hock Lai sure does play and reminds of me LCW..

    ..yeah...you guys wouldn't believe what happened during LHL vs. Thomsen's match...I have pics to show you guys...
    Yeah, do tell. We're very curious indeed

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post


    WOW this is embarrassing! Especially from US of A???
    At least get some matching shirt or lettering from a local 99cents store of something.

    Thanks for the pics!
    Last edited by birdie68; 07-09-2008 at 05:27 PM.

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raju Rai 22-20 Emil Vind 1st game YEAH!

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raju Rai wins match 22-20 21-14

  12. #80
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice photos... but it would be good if take the faces of the players instead of their names on the shirts.

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Nice photos... but it would be good if take the faces of the players instead of their names on the shirts.
    Yes, there were a few of those but the variety is in general was good... better to have some pictures than none, right?

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Noticed a few players wearing prescription glasses too. Also saw a couple of pics of an older gentleman wearing an eyepatch!
    Last edited by madbad; 07-09-2008 at 06:21 PM.

  15. #83
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Yes, there were a few of those but the variety is in general was good... better to have some pictures than none, right?
    Of course its better to have pics than none.

  16. #84
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...as there were also quite a bit of last minute withdrawals. Plus the Singles players were doing double duty playing both Singles and Doubles events...

    Here are some pics...(i'm mixing all the Doubles actions)..

    Doubles

    Btw, nothing is worst than a feeling for being in the spotlight, in these 2 photos, directly below....to feel embarrassed and being "warned" by the Tournament Referee, to say the least...for not having tournament ready shirts...(their match was delayed a few minutes, actually, but they finally finished it)

    So is this the before or after?? I was going to ask about that as I remember once at the nationals someone quickly printed out his name on paper and stuck it to the back with tape or safety pins. Surely this wasn't allowed or was it? Well I guess maybe this would be but that's the last we'll see of these shirts ...

  17. #85
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Guys..

    Quote Originally Posted by aZn_Popcorn View Post
    thx for the photos, much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    excellent, PaparaChris! keep them coming. what monster camera/lens are you using this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Hey, good job Chris. From your observations, who do you consider the fave for the MS? So difficult with so many unknown names.
    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Yeah, do tell. We're very curious indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by birdie68 View Post
    WOW this is embarrassing! Especially from US of A???
    At least get some matching shirt or lettering from a local 99cents store of something.

    Thanks for the pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Nice photos... but it would be good if take the faces of the players instead of their names on the shirts.
    ..give it up and thank the camera & lenses. Afterall, they did 90% of the work plus they're the ones saving the pics/files. The other 9 percent can be given to luck. The other 1 person, may be given as personal credit ( i only did the shutter pressing).

    to madbad: as to what happened in the LHL's & Thomsen's match, you can see the racket pic in the Misc. Pictures thread. Try to guess what happened.
    As for the fave in MS, i'll share with is in the next/upcoming post.

    to ants: yes, you're correct. I should've taken their faces as well. But, i assume you're referring to the 2 players with no names of their shirts, already took a picture of them (haven't been able to upload them)..

    to birdie68: yep, it's quite embarrassing. Unless someone had stolen their shirts, there's no excuse for them not to know this type of tourneys regulations. But, it was a different story today, though.

    to papa-kwun-razzi: yes, i used all fast prime lenses (ranging from 15mm to 200mm). Plus an 1.4x extender lens. No zoom lenses this time.
    But my right hand is a bit sore from holding those equipments for nearly 12 hrs.
    But of course, i have to give a big THANKS to all the photo-gurus for their unending guidance.
    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    So is this the before or after?? I was going to ask about that as I remember once at the nationals someone quickly printed out his name on paper and stuck it to the back with tape or safety pins. Surely this wasn't allowed or was it? Well I guess maybe this would be but that's the last we'll see of these shirts ...
    ..yep, they were wearing that shirt the entire match. And guess what, i didn't even notice it at all (even while i was taking their pics the entire time)!..OMG!*gasp*...Only after the match had ended & the tournament Referee came to talk to them did i realize what had happened. I then captured the scene to share them with y'all...Embarrassing, yes; but they sure looked different tonight...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-10-2008 at 02:06 AM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KLRC New Zealand Open 2008 Day 2 (Wednesday 12-Nov-2008)
    By chris-ccc in forum China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 2008
    Replies: 27
    : 11-14-2008, 05:14 AM
  2. KLRC New Zealand Open 2008 day 1(11/11/2008)
    By limsy in forum China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 2008
    Replies: 14
    : 11-11-2008, 11:21 AM
  3. French Open SS 2008-Semifinal (1/11/2008)
    By nunu27 in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008
    Replies: 915
    : 11-06-2008, 12:30 PM
  4. Denmark Open 2008 Final (26/10/2008)
    By nunu27 in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008
    Replies: 345
    : 10-29-2008, 01:33 AM
  5. Denmark Open 2008 Semifinal (25/10/2008)
    By abesadi in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008
    Replies: 339
    : 10-26-2008, 02:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •