zhang zw/wei yl vs li yong bo

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cup 2002' started by willie, May 16, 2002.

1. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    did li think the defeat by the korean pair in front of the home crowd wasn't devastating enough for the chinese girls and subjected them to public humiliation ? that's cruel! zhang & wei are 2 fine young ladies, li should show some compassion with encouragement. don't tell me that's chinese tradition to produce world class players. or they are still behind the iron curtain.
    for all the victories or losses, the coach bears some credits as well as blames. li had failed to produce TC for his country for so many years (and AGAIN this year !). for coach li to lose his head at this very important stage, this is the best time & venue for li to be relieved as head coach.
    if the girls don't come back, that's bcos li has destroyed them.

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I agree. I don't understand why Li and the 2 Chinese girls take the defect so seriously. Crying is useless. To be able to learn from defects is the most important. If Li doesn't understand that, he should be replaced.

3. pptam

pptam Regular Member

Senior Executive
    Li yong Bo is a militarian

I think, the reason why China cannot win the Thomas Cup is because the attitude show by the head coach.

I learn this phrase from,'Remember the Titan' starring Denzel Washington.

'Leadership reflect attitude.' mean how the leader show his attutude to lead his team, his team will react the same way too. China women team has been defined as Great Wall.
    Zhou Mi lost to Korea.

LYB had been arrogant and proud with his achievement . This make their team has the same feeling as well.

When they lost, they feel humiliate and unable to face the crowd.
    China should recontructuring their team again. If not they won;/t be able tor etain their award and the men team will lost their direction.

LYB is a good coach. But he need to change the way he motivate his team.Shouting,insult,angry,throwing temper will not help to win, it will destroy the whole team spirit.

Tam;)

4. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

I agree with you totally, China had the team to take the Thomas cup this time, but they failed because the players were under too much pressure. If they had performed to their best ability, I don't Malaysia or Indonesia would have been able to take on their singles power.
    LYB has very crude attitude, though he might be a very effective coach, he should show some humility as well. The players will respect him more for that. Respect is earned, not by instilling fear in others.

5. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

WELL SAID!!

Li YB?? :rolleyes:

6. pptam

pptam Regular Member

Senior Executive
    Malaysia Open

dear all,

Do you have the name list for all the players for this MAlaysia Open 2002?
    Gosh, why they choose end of June, people are still on 'World Cup fever.'

7. xiang_chiudong

xiang_chiudong Regular Member

yes!!! u r right, but.....

sometimes, we all have different opinions about something.there is always two sides to a coin. li yong bo has some unbearable attitudes at times.he is strict, because he has to , as a coach of all rising stars. as a coach, he certainly shoulders all the pressures and worries.who knows???:eek: who cares???:eek: i am not siding him.but with this method of coaching, he produced many talented players over the decade. he built the great wall of china by laying the foundation.he might be wrong, but not totally wrong. just have a look at malaysia's coaches( not all).too kind till the players don't possess self-discipline. so far no potential players being produced.i am sure malaysia doesn't lack rising stars.it is just the method of coaching and discipline that matters. so, when there are praises for the china players, some credit must go to li yong bo.for being cruel but EFFECTIVE. :cool: