Raphy's "Memories of Aviva Singapore Open 2008"

Discussion in 'Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008' started by Loh, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Rapheal Sachetat ("Raphy"), Badzine's chief editor, who has been a BC member for a long time, narrates his impressions of this year's Singapore Open. Yes indeed one can't miss his presence and his camera at many of the SOs. You may find his account interesting as he is well-travelled and has been to many other top-class badminton tournaments around the world.

This is the link:

http://www.badzine.info/content/view/1140/2/

Raphy also describes Badzine's plans to welcome badminton fans from all over the world to this year's French Open from October 28 to November 2. An attempt to bring badminton lovers together to sample French living and culture.

This worthwhile project organized by Badzine should be supported by badminton fans who can make it during that period, especially those who are from Asia.
    :):):)

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I enjoyed reading what Raphy had to say. I think he is the envy of many that he's got this juicy badminton setup. His plans for the French Open are indeed exciting. If I had the time I would take advantage of it. Rock on Raphy! :)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Definitely..

..(from the limited amt of travel i have) of course, S'pore is definitely a fabulous city to visit, as it has both a western/eastern flavor/atmosphere.:cool:..I'd rank KL, next in line, after S'pore, in terms of having both a western/eastern flavor/atmosphere..:cool:

Btw, one of the gals (Shaline Tan) helping out Raphy, in the link, looks a bit like Zhang Yawen, esp. with that smile..:cool:

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    One of them, Serla, is a BC member and close friend of Yannie and also once Malaysian MJ, Chong, I believe. ;)

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Yes..^^

...Serla, i've known of her & seen her posts...but she hasn't been on BC for a quite some time now, i believe...busy gal, eh??.. ;)
    Not sure & don't recall about Malaysian MJ or Chong??..:confused: