Roslin should not be fielded by Malaysia

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cup 2002' started by rejang, May 19, 2002.

1. rejang

rejang Regular Member

Just watched the TC finals between M'sia and Indonesia. Indonesia deserved to win overall.
    The major discovery of this final has to be the new aggressive style of Hendrawan. Howver I felt that his win is due more to the mistake of M'sia fielding the no longer reliable Roslin in the 3rd singles. His play is so atrocious it's beyond belief.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is easy to say afterwards who should be and who should be not. IndraGunawan knows all the players inside out and he is 100 times more experience than us. so to him, he must have made the best pre-match decision. there are just too many unknowns in a badminton game to know exactly how each players are going to perform.

i can say the same about Bao in the China vs. Malaysia game, i guess..

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Hendrawan is probably the most reliable Thomas Cup player in the whole Indonesian team. His great strength is to be able to drag the opponent out of position and destroy their balance. That's why Peter Gade has such a hard time against Hendrawan. It is no fault of Roslin that he lost. Hendrawan made Roslin lose!! Not Roslin playing badly and giving points away.

4. ray

ray Regular Member

lecturer
    Indonesia is pretty lucky that hendrawan's rank is below marleve and taufik.
    although he has problem with a new scoring system, he's very tough mentally.