User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Hyper_Carbon (umm Im sure u hv a Name too!) lol..

Yes, probably that was us (mostly Pakistani.. one Indian couple).. Next time you see us.. just ask for Kamal btw, we're trying to go there regularly from Sun-Tues 10pm-12am.

One more thing i'd like to ask you... (need expert opinion).. what speed is good for Feather shutlecocks? We got one box (tube) of Dunlop pretty cheap SR.50 and its speed was very slow.. which we're looking for. I noticed the boxes have some numbers (2,3,4..7 or 75,76,77..etc) indicating the shuttle's speed. However, is 2 faster or slower?

Thanks for your suggestions and comments

Take care..
    We'll be going there tonight ...

Regards,
    Kamal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kamalistic,

If you're the only Kamal in your group then mostly probably we've met.

I'm not an expert. I'm still a newbie in this sport. I'm not familiar with 1,2,3, etc... ratings of shuttlecocks. What I usually see are 74, 76, 77, 78 ratings. IMHO, 77 or 78 is good enough for Jeddah's climate or if you're playing at JIS. But watch out if you use the same shuttlecocks at Olympia. It might go crazy because the courts are elevated and sometimes it freezing cold (6th & 7th Floor).

Dunlop @SAR50 per tube is quite expensive. I've heard that there is a sport shop in Baghdadiyah that sells Trump shuttlecocks @ SAR35 per tube. Try scout around some Indonesian stores that sells Samurai brand shuttlecocks @SAR40-45/tube. Or ask Mr. Edy of JIS, maybe he knows someone selling.

I hope it hleps.
    Last edited by hyper_carbon_62; 01-12-2010 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Hyper_Carbon/Kamal,
    Am new bee in Jeddah from India.going to stay for 1-2 months.Interested to play Badminton .Can u please guys suggest me where I can play???am staying near moontoon megamall(faisalleyah,magrasale).......from your previous conversation it looks we have some badminton courts over here.......but exactly dont know where & how far from here???...may be on this thursday & friday(holidays) can have hands on the badminton.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. I am from makkah and I need help I am a badminton enthusiast (even way back in the philippines) and haven't played since I came back here. Anybody among you who can suggest which club accepts new recruits?please do let me know. here's my number 0532721943. Hope to hear from anybody of you soon. Thank You.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...

Sorry for a very, very late reply. I don't know any clubs in Makkah but for sure some Malaysians and Indonesian based in Makkah are going down to Jeddah to play. If by chance you're in Jeddah, look for Serafi Mall (infront of IKEA). There is a shop called Go Sports. Look for the store manager Bob Pillado and for sure he can help you.

Right now, I'm Canada based and trying to look for club as well.

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default To Kamallistic

Hi! How are you? Still playing at JIS court?

I made my final exit last April and now Canada based.

Rarely, going on-line due to workload.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I've been living in Jeddah for almost a year already. I joined this group co'z I wanna start playing badminton since I had a hard time looking for water sport and/or volleyball clubs which is my main interest. Apparently, there are many badminton clubs here in Jeddah and I don't know how, where and when to start. I am located near Batarjee St. and I sometimes stay in Khalediya District as well. I'm a beginner with this sport but I do have an idea about the mechanics of the game. I read the whole thread but I just don't know how to start. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surfer_chick View Post
    Hi! I've been living in Jeddah for almost a year already. I joined this group co'z I wanna start playing badminton since I had a hard time looking for water sport and/or volleyball clubs which is my main interest. Apparently, there are many badminton clubs here in Jeddah and I don't know how, where and when to start. I am located near Batarjee St. and I sometimes stay in Khalediya District as well. I'm a beginner with this sport but I do have an idea about the mechanics of the game. I read the whole thread but I just don't know how to start. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this one.
    \
    you can still play in JIS or join a group in olympia suliman fakeeh but i think JIS is much nearer if you are staying in khalediya district

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all... i just joined this group.. only to find a place in JEDDAH to play Badminton..
    can someone help me to sort out.please tell me with details,,like rules and requirements to play,,good wiehes for u all and regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dear All

I am male 27, Pakistani National, working in Bindawood Group of Companies since last three years in jeddah, have strong desire to play in a good badminton club. I live in Hai-Naeem, near Shahrah Hira. I would be highly grateful if some one advise me the nearest and best badminton court where i can join on regular basis.

Kind Regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am new to this blog and found you to be most active.

I stay at Al Morjan, near obhur corniche. I am looking for a good badminton court nearby. Can u help me out? Also what is the charge they collect for playing in Olympia or JIS? can u share some details about this? Thanks and keep posting....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi friends

I am m from pakistan like 2 play in Olympia. We r 2 and v wana join a group can any body help?

my contect No. 0566581786.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dany125 View Post
    I am male 27, Pakistani National, working in Bindawood Group of Companies since last three years in jeddah, have strong desire to play in a good badminton club. I live in Hai-Naeem, near Shahrah Hira. I would be highly grateful if some one advise me the nearest and best badminton court where i can join on regular basis.

Kind Regards,

sallllllllam bro.
    if u still wana play we both can go to olympia some time and join. if u r intrested plz reply or call me on
    0566581786. my name is M Ibrahim & i m from pakistan too.
    Regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Difficulty in getting membership of Olympia

Dear Carbon,
    I am a Pakistani National. Yesterday, I visited Olympia. The lady at reception advised me to join group. She also said, "all courts are fully packed and all groups have their maximum members limit. So this is not the right time for you to join now."

In this situation, if you or anyone can help me in getting admission, I would be highly grateful. Even it is for 2days in a week, its acceptable to me.

Kind Regards, Ali 0542927835

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello... Am a new person in Jeddah.. I would like to play badminton daily.... But I don't know about play court in jeddah... I am near Sharafiyya.. if anyone know the courts near sharafiyya please help me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton Playing Courts

Quote Originally Posted by Niyas_Jeddah View Post
    Hello... Am a new person in Jeddah.. I would like to play badminton daily.... But I don't know about play court in jeddah... I am near Sharafiyya.. if anyone know the courts near sharafiyya please help me..
    You can join Jeddah International School. Meet with Mr. Geo Administrator for membership and discuss over suitable timings to you as per available hours. Per hour court rent is 20riyals per court. It has two courts.

There are also 08-courts in Olympia Health Center. But it is already fully packed and very hard to get seat. take care.

Geo Contact is: 0508562759

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have recently moved to Jeddah and looking for badminton courts to resume my game. While searching I found that mainly there are only two places:

1- Olympia Courts
    2- Jeddah International School

I don't know why some people wrote that there are lot of courts in Jeddah. Well I am living in Hayy al Rehab and will appreciate if anyone could tell me a court near to Rehab, Aziziya, because coming on Palestine street is always problematic due to always traffic rush on this road.

My contact number is 054-1261272. I shall appreciate if anyone can guide me please.

Thanks in advance and best regards..............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast