Carlton NanoPower 900 Vs Wilson K Factor

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Licin, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Hey BC Members.
    I need some suggestion here.

I am a beginner player and decided to buy, whether Carlton Nano power 9900 or Wilson K factor, especially K-tour or K-power. My current racket was Yonex Titanium 680 G4. I feel that, it does not have much power. Mostly i play in double games and sometimes in single game. I play for 3-4 times a week @ 2 hours. The price of carlton NP 9900 is half of the Wilson K factor. Wilson K factor is sold here for 100USD.

So, which one do you guys think is a good choice for me? My maximum budget will be 100USD. I am open towards other brands. For your information, in here i only see these brands: Yonex, Prince, Hart, Carlton, Wilson, Toalson, & Aztec only.
    One more question, are these two rackets worse than Yonex AT900T?

Thanks a lot for your help.:D

2. Thinker

Thinker Regular Member

you are very lucky, i'm looking everywhere but I cannot find a carlton nano power 9900. I heard a lot of good things about it, I'd go for that over the Wilson K factor

AT900T is a fine racket too, but it's way out of your budget ($100)

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Hi. Thinker.

Is AT900T better than Carlton Nanopower 9900? and How does it compare with Yonex Ti.10, recent edition? i actually, does not really like the design of Carlton Nanopower 9900. But if it give a good performance,instead, i will try it out.

Actually, i own Yonex AT900T already, however i am afraid of having clashes with my team mate, on top of that i am still beginner and i want to get my technique correct first, before i use this racket. I saw from some thread that for a beginner, High or low end racket will have no differences. Thats why i am using lower end racket now, until i get my technique correct.:D

#3 Licin, Jul 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Hi. Thinker.

Is AT900T better than Carlton Nanopower 9900? and How does it compare with Yonex Ti.10, recent edition? i actually, does not really like the design of Carlton Nanopower 9900. But if it give a good performance,instead, i will try it out.

Actually, i own Yonex AT900T already, however i am afraid of having clashes with my team mate, on top of that i am still beginner and i want to get my technique correct first, before i use this racket. I saw from some thread that for a beginner, High or low end racket will have no differences. Thats why i am using lower end racket now, until i get my technique correct.:D

5. Thinker

Thinker Regular Member

well, it's hard to say if the AT900T is "better", it all depends on you as a player. Each player responds to a racket differently. I'm actually a huge Carlton fan and prefers it over Yonex

check out the Carlton Powerblade 9902, or the Carlton Powerblade Superlite also, I've heard a lot of good things about them

6. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

Go for Carlton Nanopower 9900, CHEAP & GOOD. I got one a few months ago, initially really powerless, but getting used to it plus some strengthening of my wrist, it turn out to be new beast. Smashing is good, return also not bad, easy to control. Basically can transfer most of the energy to the birdie.

No regret.

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @Alexch

Thanks for your suggestion.
    I would like to know, how much do you buy Carlton Nanopower 9900 in Singapore?
    Carlton NP 9900 has higher height than other racket, how do you get used to it?
    How does it compare with AT900T? & how about with Yonex Ti.10?
    Thanks for your reply.

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If you are a beginner, maybe the Carlton 9500 Nanolite might be more suitable. It is very easy to move it around and also easy to swing.

9. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

Try to stroke more to base line and eventually you will find the sweet spot, and when smashing, try to hold the lower part of the handle in order to gain more swing speed. Length wise measure, i think about the same.

I never own Yonex racket, so cannot compare.

10. Ironhide

Ironhide Regular Member

Student
    @teoky

Now, i am using light racket & i feel it is quite easy to use, however it is lack of power. Therefore, i want to buy another racket which is more head heavy and medium stiff than my current one. 3UG5/G4 would be perfect.

@Alexch

Thanks a lot for your advices. It is very useful.
    Hopefully the seller still selling Carlton NP 9900.
    May i know, how much do you buy Carlton NP 9900?
    is it 3UG5 or 3UG4?

11. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I understand your concern, but if you can swing fast, the Nanolite at 28lbs is quite awesome ! Your shot will be explosive !

12. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

very hard to find in Malaysia and Singapore . I bought in Malaysia, Kedah for RM 193 with tiny bag and BG66 string.

Weight is around 85g, G5 or G4 really no idea. But i thought you can always add additional grip to make the handle thicker, so to me it doesn't matter. For yr info, i got small palm, so i prefer thin handle, this resulted in heavier head.

13. Thinker

Thinker Regular Member

anybody wanna help me out with buying one and then ship it to me? I'll paypal you the money plus $30 for your troubles. PM me

I'm from California, USA