Singles and doubles

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ThePlayer, Jul 14, 2008.

1. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

We may have this experience that we can play double games for hours. But when start to play singles, 1- 2 good single games make you really tired. Is there any research on the intensity of the games, such as: 1 single game = x double games?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's very hard to say, and really depend on what level of games you are playing. If your doubles game meaning 2 ppl standing around on each side, and only hit the shuttle within reachable distance (w/o moving much), then of course, you can last for hours. However, in higher competition level of double games, it will exhaust you as well, especially mentally, as the game pace is so fast. ;)

Competitive doubles are also very physical demanding. Otherwise, you won't see the elite double players need to do training any more. Maybe you can argue that a competitive single game is more physical demanding (especially stamina), but the difference is definitely not 1 game vs. hours.

#2 LazyBuddy, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  3. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    To me, I can bear finish 1 single game. But I can play 3 double games continously. So to me it's 1:3.5. :)