Advanced Player to Boston

Discussion in 'USA East' started by Joey the Spy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Joey the Spy

Joey the Spy New Member

Lawyer
    Hello there,

I'm going to join BU in the Spring Term 2009 in January. I know it's still 5 months to go but I just want to get prepared. I'm a regular badminton player and really need to know if I'll be able to continue playing while studying at BU. I guess I'll be living in Boston area...Allston or Brighton probably. I would love to join the group with advanced players. Somehow, intermediate players are those whom I can enjoy playing with.

I hope to get some helps here I I'll be checking this thread from time to time.

:D Many thanks,

2. piclic77

piclic77 Regular Member

place to play in boston

Since you are going to BU, the BU team is one the strongest in the area. If you need a bit more playing time, then i suggest the Maugus Club and/or Waltham. Both clubs have advanced players.

3. Joey the Spy

Joey the Spy New Member

Lawyer
    Thank you Piclic, I will certainly check both venues out when I'm there. Do you have any idea about how much it cost to play there? Actually, I don't know how the system there work...do I have to bring my own shuttlecocks?? How much is the entrance fees? Or maybe facilities fees?

Hope the cost per session would not exceed 20 dollars or so since I'm a student with limited budget. BTW, how much is the average price of shuttlecocks in the US???

If you guys have more ideas regarding the venues and other info, please do not hesitate to share.

Thanks a lot.

:D