Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Victor Ti-16 or SOTX Woven 8?
07-17-2008, 07:52 PM #1
Victor Ti-16 or SOTX Woven 8?
hiya new member here!
1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
At least once or twice a week
2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
More aggressive. Want to improve on my position short game
3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
half and half. Want to be able to use it for a long time.
4. How much money do you want to spend?
Both I can get for $99. Which one is better?
There seems to be a lot of love for SOTX here and there's not much info for Victor. Definitely want to get the most out of my money.
I would say i'm at an intermediate level. So string at 23lbs? I honestly do not have enough experience to say "hmm i like this strength or i like this racquet". Definitely would want to get more serious so any info would be great!
Thanks for your help!!!
08-01-2008, 09:47 PM #2
Im really not sure if youre asking something or making a statement. I have no clue what a Ti-16 is but i got a woven 8 in my bag so ill give this a go:
1. I consider myself a strong recreational player. I play on average 2 times a week hoping to play more.
2. Im a defensive/technique player. Mid/lower power with fair net play.
3. I care a lot about durability and performance. I dont find there are a lot of rackets that make you choose one or the other. At the same time the woven 8 is a solid racket and my friend has clashed his against everything and its still as strong as the day he got it (almost).
4. Woven's are very fair priced around $100 usd.
I will also add i was between a powerwave 12 and the woven 8. This was transitioning away from a woven 7. I chose the 8 and was very happy with it. Its a very solid racket and good all around. It could use more power, but then you would lose defense.
By gyucism in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 22: 12-03-2011, 08:16 PM
By taz88 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 5: 05-14-2011, 04:00 PM
By dangaa in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 13: 04-04-2009, 02:21 AM
By cycilver in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 1: 02-25-2007, 03:08 PM
By St00pid in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 1: 02-24-2007, 04:40 PM