Badminton Center/Facility WBF standard???

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by thomashek, Jul 18, 2008.

1. thomashek

thomashek Regular Member

Is there a such thing? Like in Football/soccer world, Stadium need to certified to certain level in order to host top quality match. Does badminton do that same thing to ensure facility is good enough to host big international tournament? I found some information from sportengland website, there is a guide about how to setup a badminton facility and talked about what kind of space between courts, lighting requirement, etc. But it didn't say anything about WBF standard. If there is a standard, where can I find a guide or diagram that will show the requirement? Or there is a approval process that need to get done through WBF?

Thank you in advance, and your help is much appreciate.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i do not think BWF had designated specific gymnasium or courts for badminton. Often, the courts are set up from a stadium or gym that was designed and approved for some other sport. Yes, there are guides like lighting, ceiling height, background contrast but no bwf approved facility only that i know of. U can use steel racket, tennis shoes, fishing line for string, drafty or over heated stadium. The only equip not allowed in bwf tournaments are the use of plastic shuttle, even though it is written in the laws. :D

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i do not think BWF has designated gymnasium or courts for badminton. Often, the courts are set up inside a stadium or gym that was designed and approved for some other sport. Yes, there are guides like lighting, ceiling height, background contrast but no bwf approved facility only that i know of. U can use steel racket, tennis shoes, fishing line for string, drafty or over heated stadium. The only equip not allowed in bwf tournaments are the use of plastic shuttle, even though it is written in the laws. :D

4. thomashek

thomashek Regular Member

I guess I am kind of mislead on my topic. I guess I should ask, Badminton Court design Standard.... and the only guide that I found is from sportengland instead of BWF