should i restring this?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by 5up3r5t4r, Jul 19, 2008.

1. 5up3r5t4r

5up3r5t4r New Member

I have an old yonex aerotus 77 SP. its in okay shape especially for its age lol :pthe most serious concern beside the age of the racket is that it was in a collision which took off about 2 layers of the racket right at the edge and there seems to be a little crack running down towards the string.
    Is there anychance this racket is gonna survive a restring and if it does :eek: what tension should be best (i'm thinking ~21)

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If it is a hairline crack then maybe at very low tensions but if the crack is big then there is no chance of restringing.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) does this racquet has sentimental value? if son just cut the string and hang it on the wall.
    2) unless you are collecting racquets, a racquet not used is a racquet you don't need. so restung it and if it die, it is ok...
    3) if you restring it, it might not survive a miss hit. it will not survive another clash. unless you string yourself, the cost is = to s/h from a US seller...

4. 5up3r5t4r

5up3r5t4r New Member

ya thnx for the advice i think i'll just keep it the way it is :)