User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    ZL is too unfit, and lacks the power game that the other 3 have.
    Who in their right minds would think just because the decision to play ZN instead of ZL will jeoporadise China's chances of gold? XXF alone is enough to beat everyone, while Lu Lan is super superb and can beat anyone as well.
    I Would Say That Zhu Lin Lacks Stamina But She Doesn't Lack Power...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor_tec_14 View Post
    I Would Say That Zhu Lin Lacks Stamina But She Doesn't Lack Power...
    actually both of them lack of stamina.....I guess ZN's mentality is better eventhough I prefer ZL to OG...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    actually both of them lack of stamina.....I guess ZN's mentality is better eventhough I prefer ZL to OG...

I Prefer Zhang Ning And Im glad Shes Going..But I Have To Say .. I Think Zhu Lin Had A Better Chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB learnt from 2004 OG mistake, he put in youth (BCL) over experienced (2003 WC) Xia Z. ZN can build up stamina just for this OG, it is do-able. Experience and mental strength which ZL lacks, takes longer. I'm sure LYB have gotten commitment from ZN to rebuild her stamina before making his final choice. ZN knows her chances. She won't take up space just for personal satisfaction of being in 08 OG.
    Last edited by cooler; 07-22-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is good decision for the entire Chinese team, to have a veteran like ZN playing along side, to lead by example. It's also nice to show that the coaching staff is showing compassion towards the aging players which may not be able to perform as well as they used to. No, it does not make the decision any easier for ZL to swallow I guess, but hopefully she will have another chance in London.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    It's the Olympic rules which encourage participation. I think for any event (not just badminton), the most entries from any country is three.
    I know this rule applies to all events and participation is an important olympic ideal. But they can always have a bigger draw, qualifying rounds.

But when a world champ and legitimate gold medal contender sits in favour of more participation, that is a slap in the face of other supposed olympic values, i.e. achievement through competition.

Whoever wins the WS now won't be able to say with much certainty that they would have won if ZL (or any other 1 of 4 that could have been left out) had been allowed to compete as any of them are substantial favourites for the gold. That just stinks of something rotten.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Staff?
    What staff?
    Since when has any of this been a group decision?
    And???

Even if there is only one staff, he has been making good decisions on behalf of the Chinese team for the past 10 years at least. I don't see any other countries in this world has better STAFF(s) than China.

Ppl get upset only because their personal hatred toward the STAFF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help zhu lin...demonstrations against lyb

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natrificial View Post
    I know this rule applies to all events and participation is an important olympic ideal. But they can always have a bigger draw, qualifying rounds.

But when a world champ and legitimate gold medal contender sits in favour of more participation, that is a slap in the face of other supposed olympic values, i.e. achievement through competition.

Whoever wins the WS now won't be able to say with much certainty that they would have won if ZL (or any other 1 of 4 that could have been left out) had been allowed to compete as any of them are substantial favourites for the gold. That just stinks of something rotten.
    how about Australian/US swimmers, they can easily beat the rest of the world but IOC allows max 2 only...is that fair too?like Tyson gay could not even compete in 200 m as he lost to his teammates but he can easily beat the rest of non US..
    If they can accept the rule of IOC, why Badminton cant accept it..well too bad...lif is not really fair.
    Last edited by huangkwokhau; 07-22-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your argument is that it applies to everyone, live with it.

That's a terribly defeatist way of living life when the changes I'm suggesting are not pipedreams (one qualifying round? bigger draw?) beyond anyone's control.

The whole point of the Olympics is to make things fair-er for everyone, leading by example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natrificial View Post
    Your argument is that it applies to everyone, live with it.

That's a terribly defeatist way of living life when the changes I'm suggesting are not pipedreams (one qualifying round? bigger draw?) beyond anyone's control.

The whole point of the Olympics is to make things fair-er for everyone, leading by example.
    even tho i dont like it either but that's how the OG are marketed by the old boys club of IOC, a private corporation which money and politicing reign supreme. I always had said Opens are the best way rank individual skills. OG is high profile because of superb marketing aiming at politicans and multinationals, not athletes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leungwai18 View Post
    Help zhu lin...demonstrations against lyb
    it's should't come as a surprise to ZL. ZN remain in the team even tho her performance was laggard since 2006. I think she has 08 OG in her mind or else she would have retired gracefully after 2005. If this old horse is willing to give her last best effort, she deserve the chance. In the OG, mental focus and experience worth alot. LYB remembered what happend in 04 athen when he excluded Xia Z. from the game. I'm not saying ZL doesn't deserve it but i think LYB had weighed in all angles and chosed what he think is the best chance against tine, wmc, xu, etc

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    it's should't come as a surprise to ZL. ZN remain in the team even tho her performance was laggard since 2006. I think she has 08 OG in her mind or else she would have retired gracefully after 2005. If this old horse is willing to give her last best effort, she deserve the chance. In the OG, mental focus and experience worth alot. LYB remembered what happend in 04 athen when he excluded Xia Z. from the game. I'm not saying ZL doesn't deserve it but i think LYB had weighed in all angles and chosed what he think is the best chance against tine, wmc, xu, etc
    good say................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    good say................
    i'm not done yet

ZN had demonstrated extraordinary performance even after 04 OG.
    When she is prepared she is #1 in the china team.

2007 aviva open.
    xxf vs zn even 1-1 close set.
    in the 3rd set, ZN beat XXF 21-3 for the title

2006 Japan open
    xxf vs zn even 1-1 close set.
    in the 3rd set, ZN outlasted XXF in the famous 30-29 win for the title

In lyb's eyes, the best of ZN after 2004 is still better than the best of ZL in 2007 and 2008. If ZN has no injury and building up stamina well toward 8/08, the choice is obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u ask me I think Lu Lan should be dropped instead. She is not convincing at all, I think she is too young and lacking in experience to win big titles. Well nobody know what goes on in LYB's head hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZN's participation, ....Good news fro Indonesia then...

ZN will be the first victim of Maria....it will be a great shock to China....
    Defeating ZN will be the opening step of "destroying" the mighty China. Maria and Tine can do that...so defeat the most senior at early rounds and the rest will be a matter of time...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast