User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84 View Post
    if u ask me I think Lu Lan should be dropped instead. She is not convincing at all, I think she is too young and lacking in experience to win big titles. Well nobody know what goes on in LYB's head hehe
    Hm..Lu Lan is the most stable player among 4 of them..3 times runner up this year are not easy...It will be crazy if LYB drops Lu Lan....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Hm..Lu Lan is the most stable player among 4 of them..3 times runner up this year are not easy...It will be crazy if LYB drops Lu Lan....
    I know she had produced consistent results, but to me she appears to crack under pressure.. She is still lacking in the killing instinct.. Compared to Zhu Lin I think she is not a strong attacker and her play is not very consistent.. Anyway whatever it is.. LYB is the ultimate decider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u sure is a good news foe indonesia?she do not show up in most of the matches this few months..mayb she has a very good practice that period..she is an experienced player anyway..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    ZN's participation, ....Good news fro Indonesia then...

ZN will be the first victim of Maria....it will be a great shock to China....
    Defeating ZN will be the opening step of "destroying" the mighty China. Maria and Tine can do that...so defeat the most senior at early rounds and the rest will be a matter of time...
    Zhang ning was picked by LYb.I doubt if u would want to doubt the credibility of Lyb.
    we are unsure of what is gonna happen.Maybe just another 'strategy' from lyb.
    But,im excited enough to wait for that suprise.
    Ur statement made it look so easy and simple.

One more thing,zhang ning proved herself after so many years.Of course she doesnt want to leave us with a dissapointing appearence in olympic.In HER own Motherland.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB is the ultimate decider
    he also has boss to report to.......
    dont just put all the blame to him

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know she had produced consistent results, but to me she appears to crack under pressure.. She is still lacking in the killing instinct.. Compared to Zhu Lin I think she is not a strong attacker and her play is not very consistent.. Anyway whatever it is.. LYB is the ultimate decider
    Lu Lan to me is not going to be the gold medalist. her role as part of the team is to eliminate as many non-China competitor as possible. this way her consistency will payoff and solidifies her inclusion in the Olympics lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Lu Lan to me is not going to be the gold medalist. her role as part of the team is to eliminate as many non-China competitor as possible. this way her consistency will payoff and solidifies her inclusion in the Olympics lineup.
    for me, ZN serves as the eliminator for her team mates and she will be the source of encouragement and motivation for her team mates. XXF, LL and ZL are good, but lack of charisma of which ZN possesses.

I prefer ZN to retire gracefully before OG, but seems that the team can't let her go. Well, this time, I will give my full support to WMC & Tine...but, if ZN is in the final against non of WMC & Tine, for sure, I will support ZN... afterall, she is the GREAT ZN...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree..seldom see woman still wana play a big game before retire..is a good fighting spirit..

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

reports from China says that the ultimate list has not been submitted and decided, and even LYB himself says the final selection is going out to BWF on the 23rd, which is today China time. the team will have an unveiling event on the 25th.

so there is still hope for Zhu Lin, but even herself thinks that her chances is quite slim, in her blog, she signature has recently been changed to:

"nothing is important anymore."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Zhang Ning's last hurrah..

..to me, personally, although ZN is not the favorite going in to win the WS Gold, the way i see ZN's last Olympic appearance is reminiscent to that of Gong Ruina's last OG appearance in 2004.
    Yes, there could be a bit of "politicking" in the decision (between her and ZL), but more so, her performance in the qualifying tourneys solidified her position. And i think, if ZN is healthy enough and ready to go, she deserves to go and defend her WS title.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-23-2008 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defeating ZN will be the opening step of "destroying" the mighty China. Maria and Tine can do that...so defeat the most senior at early rounds and the rest will be a matter of time...
    ya...i second ur post...^^...

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    u sure is a good news foe indonesia?she do not show up in most of the matches this few months..mayb she has a very good practice that period..she is an experienced player anyway..
    if u apply this to TH,i believe...but zn...no...

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa View Post
    for me, ZN serves as the eliminator for her team mates and she will be the source of encouragement and motivation for her team mates. XXF, LL and ZL are good, but lack of charisma of which ZN possesses.

I prefer ZN to retire gracefully before OG, but seems that the team can't let her go. Well, this time, I will give my full support to WMC & Tine...but, if ZN is in the final against non of WMC & Tine, for sure, I will support ZN... afterall, she is the GREAT ZN...
    i will support wmc or tine...haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not as strong attacker as Zhu Lin???!! You serious? I'd say Lu Lan has some phenomenal attacking shots from the matches I've seen her play since the Korean Open where she lost to Zhou Mi (I think) and also her netplay is very consistent and good.
    Zhu Lin as can be seen in her match against Maria in IO08... Lacks the killer hits to finish Maria on many favourable occasions. I believe in that match Maria lost the match due to her mistakes and also her lack of fitness, if ZL lost the first set of that match I think she wouldn't have won the secnd with the way she was playing. LL or XXF certainly wouldn't have let it go into 3rd set when they hold advantage unlike ZL.
    Her mentality is always stable like the way she totally destroyed WMC after lagging behind 16-9 or something. She is a player that can't be written off IMO.
    Last edited by volcom; 07-23-2008 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In your dreams .
    Watch Tine defeat Maria in the early rounds (If the draw permits)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    In your dreams .
    erm...ina ws will be the serious force in next two years...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    erm...ina ws will be the serious force in next two years...
    Thats good news for competitive badminton, can't let the WS titles always be dominated by Non-South-East Asian countries like China, South Korea and Chinese Hong Kong. Or by ex-China players from Netherlands, Germany.
    Gotta have more pure-breds like Tine Rasmussen and WMC.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats good news for competitive badminton, can't let the WS titles always be dominated by Non-South-East Asian countries like China, South Korea and Chinese Hong Kong. Or by ex-China players from Netherlands, Germany.
    Gotta have more pure-breds like Tine Rasmussen and WMC.
    haha...ya...maybe tailand also will become better...but for me...chinese taipei is become stronger and stronger...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In your dreams .
    If Tine vs Maria, of course Maria will prevail....then who's the next victim?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast