2nd GGBC X Smash City Inter-Club Tournament! | July 23, this Wednesday @ G1

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by GGManagement, Jul 21, 2008.

1. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

[FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]2ND GGBC X SMASH CITY INTER-CLUB TOURNAMENT[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]JULY 23RD, WED, 7:00PM - 9:30PM | GGBC 1 MENLO PARK[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]*TOGETHER WE BRING YOU THE BEST!*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hello All BC Friends!

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]We would like to invite all of you to GGBC 1, Menlo Park for a most exciting middle of the week this coming Wednesday, July 23rd 2008 at the 2nd Inter-Club Friendship Tournament between GGBC and Smash City! This time we will add one more Men's Doubles event and one Women's Singles event, so there will be 7 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]events in total. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]EVENTS: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]3 Men's Singles[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]3 Men's Doubles [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1 Women's Singles [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]EVENT DETA[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]ILS[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Date: July 23rd, Wednesday[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Time: 7:00PM - 9:30PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Venue: GGBC 1 Menlo Park[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The BEST players from both clubs will be competing in this VERY FRIENDLY tournament, in hopes of creating great exhibition matches, fantastic sportsmanship, a toast of good neighborly clubbing, and everyone's main goal, to promote our love of badminton! It's important for Bay Area clubs to all get together to promote the goodness and create interest in our beloved Badminton. We hope all our members and friends will help us do that by showing your support and come out and cheer for both teams!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Thank you all! See you at G1 on Wednesday Night! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Regards, GG Management [/FONT]
    [​IMG] Smash City

[/FONT][/FONT][​IMG]

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i only watched some of the match. in fact, i don't even know who won. i did managed to snap a few photos while i was there though, enjoy!

crowd turn out was very good. people brought clapping sticks and blew horns. the atmosphere was awesome.

[​IMG]

our smashie lost to 2008 US Open champion Lili.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GGBC owner Mike played 3rd doubles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HELLO... Umpire! (that's BC member GGPhoebe btw )

[​IMG]

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    oh, and today is Mike's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    Happy Birthday to Mike......!!!!!
    :):):)

did he win it??

5. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Nice pics, kwun, as usual :)

Anyone has the final match results? (I was there but had to leave early) :(

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Mike lost his match.

i am asking Phoebe for the results. will post once i get it.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Cool...

...thanks for sharing a bit of the actions, kwun!..(nice capture of Mike's pose, 4th pic from top):cool:

Btw, those thundersticks, they must've been brought back by the Northern All-Star Jr. team members, from the recent U.S. Open...;)

And, a belated happy birthday to Mike, also!:)

#7 ctjcad, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  8. westcoasthunnie

westcoasthunnie Regular Member

any chance we could still know the match-ups and the results?

9. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

Hi Westcoasthunnie,

Really sorry for the late reply! We were busy with something at GGBC and didn't get to post the results earlier. Sorry! OK here are the results first. We had really close games at the tournament. There were 7 matches; we ended the first 6 matches with a 3:3. In the last match which was Men's Doubles, we made it 1:1 in the first 2 rounds and finally, in the 3rd round, Smash City team defeated GG Mike / James by 21:19 ! So the final result was, Smash City won the tournament with a final score of 4:3. Congratulations to Smash City!!

We had an unforgettable night at the tournament. A lot of good friends and guests came to cheer on their favorite players and we all enjoyed the camaraderie expressed thru-out! The courts were packed and the atmosphere was nice and friendly! We hope everyone had a great time as we did and hope to see you all come support us at the next INTER-CLUB tournament between GGBC, Smash City and hopefully other clubs as well!

Our apologies again for the last reply, Westcoasthunnie. Hope to see you at our next tournament too!

Best Regards,
    GG Management

10. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

GGBC next time!

Not to mention we also had a surprise party for Mike for his Bday except he wasn't very surprised! :crying: But they had a good time and it was FUN!!

Mike and GG Tigers are looking forward to the next tournament and with the excitement and inspiration of Olympic Beijing..and Mike going to see ALL of the badminton Olympic games there, Hope GGBC can finally take next rounds CAKE!

GG SALLY :D

11. westcoasthunnie

westcoasthunnie Regular Member

Thank you Ms. Sally! Late is always better than never :). I play regularly at Smash so it's nice to know we won the tournament ;). Any chance (again) to know all the match-ups for the other matches? No hurry, i will be patiently waiting :).

Congrats to all!

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the recap..

..GGManagement & Sally. Good to hear all of them had a wonderful time at this 2nd edition.

Off-topic:
    Oh, and Mike is going to Beijing also??..That's great!..Hope we can catch up with him there..:cool:
    Sally, are planning to go also??...If so, we're planning to have a BC get-together.. :)

13. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Mike in Beijing

Please call Mike or look for Mike. He got really good seats in A and B sections or something. When he gets to Beijing I will inform him of your phone number in Beijing or something? If you want you can write it to me. ALOT of GG Members are going as well. He will have a BALL and so will all of you!! I am watching his GG shop for him :rolleyes:!

Sally

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Off topic-That's too bad you can't come but so nice of you..^^

..wow, Sally, so nice of you to stay back and watch Mike's clubs..:cool::)...And he'll be having a ball in Beijing. Is he already there?..

Hmm, good to know a lot of GGBCers are going to the OG.

Okay, i will PM you my Beijing contact hp no., once i'm there.
    Btw, there's already a get-together thread in the 2008 Olympics sub-forum (under 2008 Tournament). Not sure if Mike and the other GGBCers would want to join the BC get-together??...If difficult, I will try to meet & greet with him/them.:cool:

15. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Mike in BEIJING

Mike is leaving tonight, Thursday and he will arrive on the 9th. I hope you can find him there. I mean.. I don't know how big the venue is but he'll be sitting in on every single match so look for him ha ha..:D. He has already got a posse' of people to meet up with.. Members at GGBC and others too I don't know... he's on the phone all day long making arrangements to meet this and that, including Yonex head Boss from Japan and also Paisan from BWF.. He's only going for the week of the badminton games so he will be a little busy body while he's there. I do know the matches are like 10am to 1pm then 6pm to 10pm so he will have time to kill in between should be.

So let me know your number anyways and if you guys can meet up then it'd be fun right? When we went to Anaheim for the World Championships, we saw soo many familiar faces from GGBC and other clubs too. It was like a big party from Bay Area. Ha haa.. That'd be nice! Hope you have FUN too! We will enjoy the Sun here, while you enjoy the "heat" there! The Olympic "heated" SPIRIT :D! It should be TOTALLY AWESOME!!

Ta Ta! Sally. EE LOO SUIN FOONG!!

16. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Mike in BEIJING

Don't know what happened, the above appeared twice now.. Ooops.. Sorry.. I erace this one..

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Off topic-Thanks..^^

..thanks for the info Sally!...And yes, i've also sent you a PM with the phone number of another BC member in Beijing (he's basically our "host" in Beijing:);)). As a matter of fact, maybe i'll PM Mike also.
    I guess Mike and i are leaving tonight also. Maybe i'll meet him at the airport (in CHN??)...:p

Yes, i understand Mike is going to be running around and meeting many people. We're just planning for a mini BC get-together. We will try to meet, initially, at the venue, first. Most likely on the 12th (Tue.) or 15th (Fri.).
    Hopefully we'll run into him and he'll make a bit of time.:):cool: