calling MAG: EC video

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by olli, May 22, 2002.

1. olli

olli Regular Member

medicine
    northern germany, in beautiful but rainy hamburg
    Hi Mag,
    somehow we haven't got our video swapping started yet. Therefore I have just decided to send you some of my favourite videos in the next days to force you to send some of yours back.
    How about: WC '97 Rasmussen - Arbi, WC '97 Rasmussen - Sun Jun, WC '99 Permadi - Gade, WC '99 Camilla - Dai Yun, Swiss Open '98 Gade - Sun Jun, WGP '97 Sun Jun - Gade, Danish Open '95 Hoyer - Hendrawan (16 match points overall), TC '00 Gade - Hendrawan, TC '00 Eriksen+Larsen - Wijaya+Budiarto, AE '00 Kim+Ha - Lee+Yoo? This would be about 3 tapes overall. Just mail me your address and you'll get them. I'm looking for some recent stuff like EC '02, Danish Open '01, AE '02, WC '01 and especially for a Rasmussen - Gade match from the Danish Championships '98/'99 (?), which Rasmussen won in 3 pretty close sets. By the way: could you tell which racket Rasmussen has used during the EC? And do you already have a tape from the recent TC?:D

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Wow, that's what I call persuasive tactics! :D

Actually, my problem was that I didn't have a reliable duplication setup. But now a friend of mine has bought a VHS duplicator (they're going cheap these DVD days ;) ) so that's settled!

I'll be happy to send you what I have. The most recent ones I have are the Danish Open, Danish Championships, and the EC. However, of the EC it's only the finals in MX and MS... (but Rasmussen vs Jonassen is quite a match, mind you!) As far as I could see Rasmussen was using the AS-1.

I sent you my adress in a private message. That list really makes me salivate. :p I think I've actually seen only two of those matches -- and none of them recently and I have none of them in my posession...

:)

#2 Mag, May 22, 2002
    Last edited: May 22, 2002
  3. olli

olli Regular Member

medicine
    northern germany, in beautiful but rainy hamburg
    That's fine for me.
    I'll make your copies next weekend and will mail them on monday.
    But where was I supposed to find your address? I couldn't find it in the mail.
    Maybe you could just send me a private message for that.
    And we should definitely try to find someone, who has got this Rasmussen - Gade semifinal from the Danish Nationals in his collection (it ended something like 18:17, 15:17, 17:16 and took almost as long as the legendary rasmussen - sun jun match).
    I'll find out, in which Danish Nationals it exactly happened, and then will post a thread for that.
    Do you have an idea, who could have it? Yves Lacroix doesn't and TV2 didn't answer my requests.

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I sent you a private message with my address. Haven't you received it? I'll try again, but I'll e-mail you this time.

And I know which match you are talking about. It is the semifinal of the 1998 Danish Championships, where Rasmussen beat Gade by 16/18, 17/16, 18/14, exhausting himself so much that he then lost the final against Poul-Erik Hoyer by 4-15, 9-15. I haven't seen it, but I have heard it mentioned several times as a real badminton classic. Usually Danish TV2 broadcasts finals AND semis from the Danish Championships, so it was probably televised. I'll see if I can get a hold of it, I'm bound to know somebody that has a copy.

There are some Danes that regularly visit this forum, like Klaphat and Johnny -- maybe they have it or knows somebody that has it, or at least know if it was televised?

#4 Mag, May 22, 2002
    Last edited: May 22, 2002
  5. klaphat

klaphat Regular Member

Hey there,

I'm sorry, but I do not have the Rasmussen/Gade match you are referring to.. and I do not know who might have it. Good luck with finding it though.