Looking for a Badminton Coach in Minnesota

Discussion in 'USA East' started by mvang226, Jul 23, 2008.

1. mvang226

mvang226 New Member

Im currently 23 and inactive in badminton but I used to play badminton vigorously back in highschool (doubles/singles). I loved it from my very first swing to my last. During my senior year in HS I was a member at a recereational club, but it always got to be so crowded and you had to wait anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour just to be able to play your turn again.

I want to get back into Badminton; I was wondering if there are any coaches, clinics or training in the midwest area (MN specifically) worth compensating for.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch

2. Shuffler

Shuffler Regular Member

Philanthropoid
    I asked this same question of the president of the Twin Cities Badminton Club a few months ago. He couldn't think of anyone who coached privately or was interested in doing this. TCBC dis devote one of their weekly sessions (Saturday, I think) to drills. However, their space at the Blaisdell YMCA is currently being remodeled and they won't be back there until later in the fall.

I play with the Vietnamese club in Bloomington (not just for Vietnamese - in fact they're the minority). Come down some Weds or Sunday night. We'd be happy to have you, but there usually isn't any coaching or drilling going on.

drmchsraj likes this.
  3. tansarbh

tansarbh Regular Member

Why don't you guys come to TCBC venues in twincities, e.g YMCA (Blaisdal) which is playing in Downtown MN YMCA. at least you will play good badminton and might some coaching help there.

4. aakash_shah399

aakash_shah399 Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Hi I am a Badminton Coach

Hi my name is Aakash Shah.
    I am National level Badminton Player and I have a legal six months of work experience as a Badminton coach. So, If you are interested in getting a professional Coaching you can send me an e mail at aakash_shah399@yahoo.com

Thank you

Aakash Shah.

5. Benjaminheldt

Benjaminheldt New Member

Au Pair
    Aakash, I realize this post is 9 years old but can you expand more on your coaching credentials?

6. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

Did you get a reply? Seems user aakash_shah399 is inactive...are you looking for a coach?