New YouTube Stringing Videos

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Pete LSD, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
  2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    ES5 Pro's fixed clamps are so good! I don't notice any drawback.

3. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

Pete, the 2nd link does not seem to work.
    The sliding frame, will that cause damage to the racket frame? I think that happened to me once.
    At the moment I pre-weave the whole racket because when I don't want leave the racket with tensioned main only for too long. I know the faster the job done the better because less stress to the frame. If I tensioned main, how long is too long? I mean like causing damage to the frame.

4. Stein_r

Stein_r Regular Member

employee
    if you have at least an 6-point mounting system there is no need to pre-weave because the frame ist already been fixed to the mounting position. And there should'nt be a chance for the frame to move.
    Me for myself i do all the main first. String by String, then pre-weave the crosses till the middle. Do the string job and then pre-weave the last half and finish the stringing by the last crossstring at the top regarding to Yonex stringing pattern. It often takes me about 45 minutes to finish 1 racket. :)

5. ae86trueno

Yes, I do have 6 point mounting system. model is AM-200. So its safe to tension the main first and pre-weave the cross? I pre-weave the whole frame first because I want to spend the least amount of time for tensioning thus least time for stressing the racket.

6. Stein_r

Stein_r Regular Member

employee
    If u pre-weave the whole frame first so you need to make 2 loops near the throat, like master DinkAlot does. The consequence is the wasting auf extra string which can't be fulfil by a packet of 10 meter string. If u string like i do, so u'll save string but wasting time. So you have to make a trade off between both of this. Me i prefer spending a little more time rather than to wasting about 1 up to 2 meter of string. :) If u take into account how many rackets u are going to string in near future, so it will come a lot of string together.

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I don't think you have to worry about the last cross string and the frame sliding. However, if you have five cross strings to go and the frame slides, then you have a headache.

8. ae86trueno

I pre-weave the whole frame but when I tension the main I go from 1 side to the other side. I know in Dink's video he tension from center and then alternate every couple of string until reaching the side of frame. Does it make difference tensioning from left-right/right-left compared to center to the side? I only waste the string left from knotting.

9. ae86trueno

I see, thanks for confirm that Peter. After I adjust the mounting (I think you help me verify the mounting position) it never happen to me anymore. By the way I see some mount have rubber part (like the one Dink have recently) I've been thinking to use overgrip over my mounting hopefully that will help to hold the frame.

10. Stein_r

Stein_r Regular Member

employee
    If i've unterstood you correctly you start your main from left to right or from right to left? If so i wonder how long your rackets are going to last! :) By this style of stringing there is no doubt if your frame is going to shift a little bit because the pressure is not share symmetrical. In order to get the stress to be the same all over the main it is to ensure to start from the center and alternate every maximum 2 line per side.
    Considering the crosses you can start from the buttom oder from top, which in my opinion makes no significantly any different.

11. ae86trueno

Cheers, thanks for the information Stein. hahaha not sure how long it will last.. my last racket lasted me 12 years but that was on only 24-25lb.. My machine does not have fix clamp. I use 2 flying clamps. Any information how to start main from middle with flying clamp? When I start left right I can just knot it first and start tensioning.

12. eddychow

eddychow Regular Member

Thanks a lot Peter. Your videos are cool!:)

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Thank the true Master Stringer in the video! :) The dude is very good.

14. 2007fp

2007fp Regular Member

Student
    Great Video, but I prefer Master Panda's style of music :D

15. ae86trueno

Pete, do you have the first part of the person in video? I can watch the 2nd part where he start crosses but the clip for main is no longer available.

by the way if I tension 2 string together, will it damage the gripper or the string? (I make sure the string does not overlap each other when they are in between the gripper) I manage to start tensioning main from the middle with 2 flying clamp but to start at the beginning I need to grip the two loop at once.

16. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I have problem with the first part of the video if I use my labtop for some reason. I think there is an issue with Java or something. On other computers, the video runs fine.

I have never tension two strings at once. I wouldn't recommend this procedure. Don't you need to double the reference tension if you have crank?

17. ae86trueno

I see, I was able to watch it once at work once (for the 1st part) then after that now even at work it say the file no longer there :(

i only tension 2 at once for the outer part of the frame at the very center top. what I did, tension two at once, put the flying clamp right at the top. so the tensioned part is only string inside grommet and the outer frame so its only about 1 - 1.5cm long. then the rest is only 1 string at one time.

18. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Need help

Can our Japanese badminton friends help out and ask around about this portable badminton machine? I am curious where one can his/her hands on one. I can't find it anywhere yet, except as shown in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XlKBhMbBfM&feature=related

I have a feeling the machine is made in China :D. Thanks!

19. jesuz

jesuz Regular Member

Student