Why badminton thermal bag?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by jianlian23, Jul 30, 2008.

1. jianlian23

jianlian23 Regular Member

When you play badminton, do you have to have a thermal bag? What happens if you don't have one? Do the racquets break easily?:confused:

Right now i use a regular sportsbag to put my racquets in.

Greatfull for all answers:)

2. Marshmallow64

Marshmallow64 Regular Member

Really does not make that much of a difference on how it will break. Thermal bags are just more convenient since they are made for badminton. They store shoes, rackets, birdies, and other badminton gear. If your sports bag does that just fine, then thats perfect.

People with thermal bags can have their rackets broken just as easily. I place the original racket cover in the bag as well to give my rackets that "extra" protection and even though it is only mental it puts my mind at ease.

Overall if you decide to play badminton seriously it is a great investment. And you can get them fairly inexpensively.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Thermal bags can store everything you bring to badminton. If you don't put rackets in thermal cases or bags it is affected more by the weather which may cause the racket to break easier. We were talking about leaving your racket in the car on a hot day a long time ago and people noticed that the rackets broke much easier if left in heat for a long time.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    to preserve racket temperature for either global warming or global cooling:p

5. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i heard thermal things in bag barely make any difference. (from tennis forum)

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    rackets are more important...............;)
    yes, barely any difference.
    it just to prevent sudden change of temperature. for example, 10C to 30C or vice versa. if indoor or outdoor with the difference of 5C, hmm.... negligible.

7. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    When you have to carry your racket outdoor before you reach the badminton court, at a prevailing temperature of -30 Degrees Celsius or even lower, or anything low even to cause structural damage to your rackets.

Thanks.

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Thermal bags are useful in very cold and hot climates. Strings are greatly affected by humidity and temperature. I believe the Danish team use thermal bags to minimize the transit from hotel to playing venue high temperature and humidity when playing in tropical countries. But if you play in non-airconditioned halls, I suppose it makes no difference. Also some materials-I suspect Kevlar-used in racquets do not play as well in hot and humid conditions. Vectran strings are immune to temperature and humidity extremes.

9. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Well you do need a bag too carry all the rackets you have. You aren't going to 10 rackets in individual bags.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    unless you live in places with extreme weather condition, like below freezing or above 30C, and your racket might face rapid changes of temperature, say from freezing to a warm gym, then thermal bags are not really neccessary.

most people do carry some sort of bags as they not only provide good thermal insulation which insulate the racket from temperature changes, but also they provide the convenience of holding all the accessories to play badminton, like shoes, shuttles, and towels, and other little things like grips, and wallet. etc.