questions about strings for ti10, mp100

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by cwlan, May 24, 2002.

1. cwlan

cwlan New Member

Dear all,

I am thinking about buying new strings for ti-10 and mp100.
    But i am not sure which ones are most suitable for them. :confused:

If any of you guys have ti-10 or mp100 can you kindly suggest any good trings for them. Thank you. :)

Morris

2. ak6210

ak6210 Regular Member

student
    i have an mp100 strung with bg68ti and at 24lbs, plays good, power is good, i got to try bg 85 next time

3. modious

modious Regular Member

BG66, BG85, BG68Ti or BG 88Ti.
    The New Yonex Cyber Natural Guts 100 also seems to be quite a good string when I tried it yesterday.The rest of the Yonex range sucks! :p
    (Ok, maybe not the BG65 since the Pros uses it!)

4. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I used to use the BG-65 for all my rackets, but i found that the tension dropped to quickly, so i switched to BG-66. I use it on my MP100 and i used to use it on my Ti-10 until i sold it. It feels really good on it, unique feel and great power. In theory, it should last for a shorter period of time compared to the other strings but normally we don't use the same strings until it breaks right.....

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    byro

since bg66 is built like bg65 but thinner, won't bg66 loose tension even much faster?

6. modious

modious Regular Member

Re: byro

Nope, BG66 retains the tension better than BG65.
    I think you've to take other things into consideration like the different structure and patterns that the strings are woven. For example, BG70 Pro and BG80 are supposedly good for retaining tension longer because of the "oval shaped braided fibres" designed to retain tension....
    BG85 structure uses "micro-fine woven Vectran fibres", etc....

Also, think of it this way. Imagine a 0.66mm and a 0.70mm string being strung at 25lbs. The thinner string will definately feel and play tighter than the BG65. That's probably why professional players string their racket 30lbs or more..... IMO.

#6 modious, May 26, 2002
    Last edited: May 27, 2002
  7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

modius

i don't want to be argumentative on your reply so i have one question regarding your last statement, name me one pro player who uses bg66 and strung it at 30+ lbs.

8. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

mate,

The issue is durability when it comes to Bg 66! at such high tensions and powerplay the strings will snap so easy that sometimes even six rackets might not be enough for a match! Bg 65 will easily hold and plays the best at such tensions!

I would still say that Bg 66 is def better than 65 at our level and if u ahve the money and 10 rackets in ur bag for a match then Bg 66 is the string for u!

9. modious

modious Regular Member

Precisely, that's why professionals don't use BG66. At 30lbs, it will definately snap.
    I mean, I remember some pple in this forum whose BG66 snap within a few hours of play! I certainly don't think they've strung their rackets above 26lbs, let alone 30lbs. Even the stringers won't recommend it!

#9 modious, May 26, 2002
    Last edited: May 26, 2002
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i was trying to make the same point on modious's statement

That's probably why professiona players sting their racket 30lbs or more..... IMO.

11. modious

modious Regular Member

I think I didn't mention it properly, Yogi managed to perceive it as what I wanted to say.

Let me rephrase it :

Also, think of it this way. Imagine a 0.66mm and a 0.70mm string being strung at 25lbs. The thinner string will definately feel and play tighter than the BG65. Top players generally (if not all) use BG65. That's probably why professional players string their racket 30lbs or more..... IMO. If they use BG66, I'm sure they'll string it at most till26-28 lbs?? I'm not sure but I'm quite sure that NOT all the professionals who uses Yonex string uses the BG65. Don't ask me who though.

#11 modious, May 27, 2002
    Last edited: May 27, 2002