How to get All England Badminton Coaching Videos ?

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by prince777, Aug 2, 2008.

1. prince777

prince777 New Member

Student
    Hi everybody, well I've been searching for these coaching videos on all the previous threads but can't find any. Could anyone tell, please, where to get them or at least coaching videos translated or dubbed in English ?:confused::confused:

2. Kee_Lee

Kee_Lee Regular Member

Student
    try the badminton england website?

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

4. Mikael

Mikael Regular Member

Business
    Is the DVD worth the money??? I have the "Advanced badminton Techniques" book and some Danish material, but sometime they have different views on the subjects.

5. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Both DVD's are okay. They have some good reference material; the advice is generally reliable.

The technique DVD is sometimes thin on details of "how to play the shot" (especially for anything "advanced", such as slices, which are barely mentioned).

The tactics DVD, in my opinion, is horrendously over-produced and very hard to follow (because of all the jarring video transition effects). The content is good, but you may have a hard time understanding it while their visual effects are bashing your head with a brick. ;)

Nevertheless, I think these are two of the better sources of instruction you will come across. Certainly there's nothing wild and woolly; many other sources suffer from the eccentricities of the writer/coach/whatever.

#5 Gollum, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  6. Mikael

Mikael Regular Member

Business
    Hmm, or maybe I should stick to your badmintonbible and hope that your will make an even better DVD some day :)

7. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Hmm...

There do seem to be a few shrewd guesses floating around about what I might do next.

I think I'll let them float a little longer. ;)

But I will say this much: I am not satisfied with the current state of publicly-available badminton instruction. There are a few good resources out there, but I'm still surprised by the lack of something better. I'll do what I can; it takes time, of course.