Rest Day what do player do ?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by alexkho, Aug 2, 2008.

1. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    how do pro player rest ?
    and how do you guys rest to regenerated.

do they still have light work out ? or just sit there and rest?

Any insight will do

or maybe you know a quick way to regenerated energy .
    such as recover from sore muscle? and metal tiredness?

2. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    Probably Sleep..Relax..Shop..Watch TV. Things Like That.

3. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

It probably depends on how frequently and intensely they train. If they only train 2-3 times a week, some light conditioning might be done on off days to circulate the blood. If they train 6 days a week, taking a complete day off would probably be better.

4. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    when i use to do 6 days a week i loved to have 1 day off to do absoultly nothing well other than having to study and do school work but thats becides the point i would just sit around watch tv maby treat myself to a little "junk food". when i use to train 3 times a week before that i would try to do atleast a 1-2k run every day and then the days i didnt have training ontop of the run i would go into the hot tub and just relax minus goign to school and doing homework.

im sure pro players would have their rest day to do almost nothing maby they will take a light workout but nothing to big or go for a run. im not really sure the national/international players i talk to really dont do much on their rest days but maby play for fun for a bit or just go hang out with friends they dont get to see cause of training but everyone is different.

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You need 24 hours for your muscles to rest before you can play again properly. Playing continuously can cause muscle injuries.

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

from the pro's I've spoken, they train 2-3 times a day. (morning,, afternoon, evening).

But they mix up fitness, off-court stuff and badminton, so they don't need 24h of rest every time. (like: morning on court for some heavy stuff, afternoon in the gym, evening some relaxed technique training)
    The national selection on Holland rests all weekend, doing some normal-people-stuff ;)

On tournaments, players sleep and rest a lot. I've known some Malaysians youth players with two matches, 10:00 and 17:00. they go back to the hotel in between to sleep... (I helped out in the Dutch Junior this year)

7. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Others pro's I know, called Jerby by instance, never stop to rest. They hardly eat, but only drink a lot of beer during practice sessions. Go figure...

:D

8. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Badminton training may not need 24 resting but i know weight training requires 24 hours rest. Muscles need time to rest and if pushed will only increase chances of injuries.