Factory string tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by phandrew, Aug 2, 2008.

1. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I know this has being discussed vaguely throughout the forum but any questions about factory string tension related should be discussed here.

I was surfing a few websites about the tension of factory string and i noticed that the tension can be as low as 12lbs(no joke) and as high as 24lbs for factory strings.

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

As far as I know, the usual factory-string tension is around 19-21lbs for Yonex racquets. Some of those garden-badminton racquets should be the ones strung at 12lbs, and maybe the not-so famous branded racquets strung at 24lbs. I'd be suprised if Yonex has their racquets ever factory-strung at 24lbs because most racquets factory-strung have reccomended stringing tensions of up to 22lbs or so. If they're factory-strung at 24lbs, their warranty would be automatically voided from the beginning ?! :eek:

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I asked a shop and they said that Yonex Steel rackets range from 12-20lbs. high-end pre strung rackets like AT900 and ARC10 were strung at 21-24lbs.

4. Jim_80

Jim_80 Regular Member

Does anyone know the factory tensions for Karakal rackets?

I took a new SL-70 to a stringer yesterday (that I haven't used before) and they refused to believe that the frame could take 24lbs, let alone the 30lb manufacturer guarantee printed on the side of the frame. They went on to say it was currently strung at 16-18lbs - I thought it felt more like 20, but bowed to their superior knowledge.

Thinking about it afterwards, they probably thought it was a cheap and nasty racket because it didn't say Yonex on it :mad:

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Oh, now i only know why those YY racket factory strung loses tension fast:rolleyes:

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I wonder why those factory strung yonex racket , they dont wanna strung with a higher tension??:confused:

7. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

I know a friend who use to string racquets for the major box stores and they mentioned that they perform double to triple pulls (as oppose to single pulls for each string) when stringing racquets. This saves a lot of time on the stringing as well as gives you that nasty-inconsistent-low tension-ugly feel. :)

Anyone have an idea of where the factory string can be purchased?

8. abcbity

abcbity New Member

me too, now i only know why those YY racket factory strung loses tension fast [​IMG]