Racquet similar to the 'Old' CAB 9

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by green.blood, Aug 3, 2008.

1. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    Hi guys, I need some input here.

Are there any 'modern' racquets similar to the old Cab 9? I tried some racquets but none has the same feel like Cab 9 which I'm very comfortable with. Just in case something unwanted happen to my old Cab 9 (hope not), it won't be missed it so much.... ;)

These are the racquets I have tried so far + short comments

Yonex Cab 9 Tour SP
    It is certainly not the same but a nice racquet indeed.

Pro Ace Platinium Dream
    Light but certainly has some power. It resonates a lot. I like it at first but after a while don't feel comfortable with it. This piece will be 'donated' to my GF :D

KX 919 D
    Like it very much. My main racquet at the moment.

#1 green.blood, Aug 3, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  2. kapitalism

kapitalism Regular Member

process improvement consultant

Wow... u got the same feeling as me, likes the CAB series. Some says CAB are old school rackets and classic. I agree, but to me CAB's are ever-green of YONEX, and they will never stop this major productions lines! Coz, CAB's are oval frames shapes and the majorities players out-there still prefers CAB's.

I've have ever bought high-end ProAce, APACS brands but can't fit to my expected, meaning that I'm hoping these brands can overcome YONEX. To me, CABs' are still in my heart. Easy to control, manuaver and smashes output are tremendious.

My recommendation is u opt to Carbonex 20/21 SP. These are best of existing CABs. My mine is CAB21SP/3U. I bought it on 25th Sep 2008 :D