How to view Badminton online?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by yww168, Aug 4, 2008.

1. yww168

yww168 New Member

On a recent trip to Asia and watched first hand how the badminton was played as a competitive sport instead of a backyard game here in America, I was instantly glued to it and wanted more of it. NBCOlympics.com scheduling says that badminton will be available online but failed to provide any instructions on how to access it. I called the local NBC affiliate and they have absolutely no clue. Do any of you know the details on how and when I can access this "online" viewing? Can I also assume few to no badminton will be broadcast live on any of the NBC (NBC, MSNBC, CNBC) TV channels? Hope you can help. Thanks.

2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    im sure that once it is broadcasts one of the members will upload it to the internet and have it availible to download like most of the national badminton tournaments in the Video sharing section of the forums

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    You could try the http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.html link

When the live broadcast begin during the games it should just be clicking on the links on the nbc site to show the video in your browser

I think you may need to register on the nbc site as well.

/Twobeer

4. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

It is not true that badminton won't be on TV in the US. A number of games were shown 4 years ago. The only thing is it probably will be mixed with other sports and shown in the middle of the night. So, I plan to have my DVR ready and record all night :). I will cut-off the non-badminton later. See the US broadcast schedule here.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/zone=PT/day=0/sport=BD/index.html

It will be on MSNBC, USA, and maybe even NBC. Good luck and enjoy.

BTW, if you like the sport, get out and play. It is a lot of fun. Trust me, it is not a backyard sport, not even in America. That is a mis-perception :)

5. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

most likely (and hopefully) some clips and matches will trickle down onto youtube as well :)

6. yww168

yww168 New Member

Problems viewing the video live

I am watching the women's badminton on "live" video but I notice the sound is coming thru fine but the images are coming in slow like a still image piece by piece with a big delay. Do you know what the problem is? Can it be my ATT DSL speed is simply not fast enough to broadcast the video? Are any of you experiencing the same problem I'm having?

7. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Hmm! Interesting. My picture quality is fine but no sound (huh??). In your case, it must be your download speed. Try to connect directly to your router (not use wireless). Exit applications that you don't need (to free up some memory). If it still not work for you, try rebooting your computer.

8. enthusiast

enthusiast Regular Member

Retired

Thanks, Fan888 for the great feed. Thanks also to TwoBeers, although your address didn't quite make it.