Arcsaber 10 vs Bootleg class A

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JoshSmith, Aug 4, 2008.

1. JoshSmith

JoshSmith New Member

Hello all, i'm new to this forum and have only play badminton for 6 months. Recently i got myself an Yonex Arcsaber 10 for $257 USD and a friend who i play badminton with got the same racket and he told me it's a bootleg from China. i tested out both my orginal racket which i got from the badmintonstore and his bootleg and i couldn't tell the difference in terms of the weight, the power and precision. I know i'm a noob, so i use his bootleg racket and let the instructor test it out and of course i didnt' tell him it was a bootleg and he said nice racket. Then i gave him my orginal racket and have him test it again and asked if he could feel the difference, he said he could hardly realize the difference. Then i told him one is a bootleg and one is a real one and then ask him to carefully test it out, after 30 mins of testing he was able to identify the real one and the fake one but he said that class A racket came very close to the real one.
    What are you thoughs on this?

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The one from MBS is genuine.

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Only one thing to say;
    "You got ripped off".

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You bought the racket for an expensive price. You can buy the ARC10 for $172USD at other online shops.

5. JoshSmith

JoshSmith New Member

I know i could get it cheaper online, but for soemehow i have no confidents shopping online where there are a lot of fake stuff out there, so i got it at an actual badminton sports store. of course the price will be much higher for the inventory and etc, but i can always return it if anything goes wrong.
    Plus you 2 are not commenting on my question but the price.

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D I agree: those are some pretty useless comments. "Ripped off" for buying a US coded ArcSaber in an actual store where one could return it in case of problems ...
    You can probably find (more) comparisons in this section: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Why go straight for the top of the line anyway? But if you can spare the $$$ why not I guess :).