User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 131
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ipoh, Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terenceleong View Post
    13~18 players. We hv 3 courts...
    Hi Leong,
    ok! 3 courts for 18 players not bad See this coming sunday i'm free or not

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ipoh, Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jensen9173 View Post
    Hi Leong,
    ok! 3 courts for 18 players not bad See this coming sunday i'm free or not
    Ops! This sunday i'm working and will be back to ipoh on monday morning

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jensen: I hope to see you guys on Sunday (10/05/09) at the stadium. May I ask how much does it costs per session and do I need to bring any birdies?

    Oh, isnt the pasar malam on Sunday night around the stadium as well?

    Thanks again!

    Eddie

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ipoh, Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyky1618 View Post
    Jensen: I hope to see you guys on Sunday (10/05/09) at the stadium. May I ask how much does it costs per session and do I need to bring any birdies?

    Oh, isnt the pasar malam on Sunday night around the stadium as well?

    Thanks again!

    Eddie
    Hi Eddie

    Yup! i will be there on 10/05/2009 (sunday) 3 pm till 5pm. I think RM 6 or 8 coz I'm not the owner of the court Do you have rackets? you only need to bring is your racket. We will provided shuttlecock.
    Staduim pasar malam only on Wednesday night, as for Sunday i think is pasar pagi Btw! Do you have my H/p #? Call me on that day ok!

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jensen9173 View Post
    Hi Eddie

    Yup! i will be there on 10/05/2009 (sunday) 3 pm till 5pm. I think RM 6 or 8 coz I'm not the owner of the court Do you have rackets? you only need to bring is your racket. We will provided shuttlecock.
    Staduim pasar malam only on Wednesday night, as for Sunday i think is pasar pagi Btw! Do you have my H/p #? Call me on that day ok!
    Hi Jensen

    Thanks for the info. I have your hp#, so I will be most likely calling you just the day before the session. The reason for asking the pasar malam and pagi is to avoid the "havoc" when one of these pasars begins/finishes...

    As for the rackets, I am having a bit of a dilemma. I am not too sure if I should bring any of my rackets, fear for damaging them!!! (I just got myself the new NS9900....very quick but needs time to get use to!)

    But in the end, I might buy a Cab21 when I touch down in KL on Monday. I feel very worried when I might have to ask others to borrow a racket.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Jensen

    Although I replied you on the other thread, I might not be able to bring it back this time around. I am trying to get hold of the AirAsia check-in counter in Melbourne to see if I need to check-in the rackets. Aparently, as Ihave a laptop and a backpack, I may be able to bring the rackets on board.

    You guys have the same issue before? I am bloody worried as I am flying off from Sydney on Monday @ 6am!!

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ipoh, Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyky1618 View Post
    Hey Jensen

    Although I replied you on the other thread, I might not be able to bring it back this time around. I am trying to get hold of the AirAsia check-in counter in Melbourne to see if I need to check-in the rackets. Aparently, as Ihave a laptop and a backpack, I may be able to bring the rackets on board.

    You guys have the same issue before? I am bloody worried as I am flying off from Sydney on Monday @ 6am!!
    Hi Eddie,

    I suggest you better not to bring it if not hand carry it. Btw! can we hand carry the racket? You will reach Monday morning, why not join us play on Tuesday night? 7.30pm till 10pm at Staduim also.

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Jensen

    Yeah, I agree. Sorry for the disappointment. The people from AirAsia has confirmed that it will be going into cargo and I will be paying for extra $$ as they will be putting it into the FRAGILE box. I am quite nervous about that and no insurance!!!

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ipoh, Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyky1618 View Post
    Hi Jensen

    Yeah, I agree. Sorry for the disappointment. The people from AirAsia has confirmed that it will be going into cargo and I will be paying for extra $$ as they will be putting it into the FRAGILE box. I am quite nervous about that and no insurance!!!
    So you did bring racket here? Which racket did you bring over?

  10. #61
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    AirAsia does charge for the racket of its checked in. But i guess the charges is not that much anyway its included in your luggage payment if im not wrong. You can try to hand carry it. Just try .. you can surely bring your stuffs on board. Backpack, laptop and your racket. Worse come to worse you just need to check in your racket.

    I've tried checking in once my Single JP Racket in just the cloth bag. The officer give me freaking hard time.. say its a WEAPON and all. After trying all the negotiation but to no avail.. i check my 1Pc racket in separately. Guess what.. it turn out ok when i collect it and the luggage arrival area.

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jensen9173 View Post
    So you did bring racket here? Which racket did you bring over?
    I am thinking of bringing the Arc10. But, at the end of the day, it's my wife's call. She thinks its too risky.

    Oh btw, I cant come on Tuesday as my sis is arriving that day. So we will be only heading back on Tuesday night. Sorry ya!

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    AirAsia does charge for the racket of its checked in. But i guess the charges is not that much anyway its included in your luggage payment if im not wrong. You can try to hand carry it. Just try .. you can surely bring your stuffs on board. Backpack, laptop and your racket. Worse come to worse you just need to check in your racket.

    I've tried checking in once my Single JP Racket in just the cloth bag. The officer give me freaking hard time.. say its a WEAPON and all. After trying all the negotiation but to no avail.. i check my 1Pc racket in separately. Guess what.. it turn out ok when i collect it and the luggage arrival area.
    Hi ants

    Thanks for the heads up. I might do what I use do as a kid. Stuff the racket with it's thermal bag into my backpack. The shaft is jutting out by about 6 inches. Maybe I will just not check it in, and when I arrive at the boarding gate, the stewardess will make a call whether it can carry it on board or out in the cabin compartment. Viable?

    I really want to bring mine back instead of getting a Cab21 in KL. I might be buying the bag that you or kwun have; the YY 7829 or somehting, that it transform into a backpack.

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Jensen

    Arc 10 and NS9900 not available liao. Both of the strings broke during the training session today. My captain will be getting it restrung for me for free. As I only restrung it on Thursday and played no more than 4 hours.

    Sorry for the dissapointment!!

    Btw, does anyone know how much a Cab21 SP costs? And what is the diff between Cab 21 and CAB21 SP?

    Thanks heaps!

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ipoh, Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyky1618 View Post
    Hi Jensen

    Arc 10 and NS9900 not available liao. Both of the strings broke during the training session today. My captain will be getting it restrung for me for free. As I only restrung it on Thursday and played no more than 4 hours.

    Sorry for the dissapointment!!

    Btw, does anyone know how much a Cab21 SP costs? And what is the diff between Cab 21 and CAB21 SP?

    Thanks heaps!
    Wow! 4 hrs you broke your 2 new strings?
    SP is just the country code.
    As for your Cab 21 speacial might cost around RM 160 - 180.

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jensen9173 View Post
    Wow! 4 hrs you broke your 2 new strings?
    SP is just the country code.
    As for your Cab 21 speacial might cost around RM 160 - 180.
    Yeah...my captain is blaming for being to rash when playing. Too "chung tung".

    Is there a difference between the Cab 21 and the Cab 21 special?

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ipoh, Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyky1618 View Post
    Yeah...my captain is blaming for being to rash when playing. Too "chung tung".

    Is there a difference between the Cab 21 and the Cab 21 special?
    Not so sure but my friend said Cab 21 speacial is a good racket.
    What time for your flight tonite? Is it tonite flight? Why do you leave in Ipoh?

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jensen9173 View Post
    Hi Eddie

    Yup! i will be there on 10/05/2009 (sunday) 3 pm till 5pm. I think RM 6 or 8 coz I'm not the owner of the court Do you have rackets? you only need to bring is your racket. We will provided shuttlecock.
    Staduim pasar malam only on Wednesday night, as for Sunday i think is pasar pagi Btw! Do you have my H/p #? Call me on that day ok!
    hi jensen,
    my name is teck sin. I will going back Ipoh with my wife this weekend. is it possible i join the game too? I have pm my contact no.

    Thanks
    ts

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Erm, my flight is at 10am from Melbourne tomorrow but I have to leave from Sydney airport at around 6am. ETA 4pm on Monday.

    I am originally from Ipoh. Came here back in 2000/2001 for studies and been here ever since. I cant wait to go back, it has been very very long since I last went back.

    Where do you buy the YY rackets in Ipoh? They are original right?
    And, is there a big price difference btw Ipoh and KL? Especially the much heard of AJ Racket Mart in Puchong?

    The reason I am asking is, my sis might not end up flying to KL. So I might be heading back to Ipoh on the Monday evening straight away. Hence, buying the racket on Tuesday morning, and hopefully with my wife's blessings, go to meet up with you guys on Tuesday nite!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone in ipoh playing badminton?
    By twlooi in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 22
    : 02-14-2013, 11:49 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 08-02-2008, 02:04 PM
  3. 2nd Year Playing, Hows this?
    By fix23 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 17
    : 03-24-2007, 06:33 PM
  4. anyone playing in ipoh??
    By funny face in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 2
    : 09-15-2005, 11:25 PM
  5. Gap Year Working and Playing Badminton (Help please??)
    By Markostar in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 05-28-2004, 03:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •