What Is The Best Racket For Power?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mr_flibbles, Aug 5, 2008.

1. mr_flibbles

mr_flibbles Regular Member

bum
    I have just read that head heavy rackets transfer the most momentum to the shuttle and thus should transmit more energy to each shot assuming the racket head is traveling at the same speed as a less head heavy design.

I can't really tell how powerful or fast my own smash is because I have never been on the receiving end of it, but I can tell its only slightly bigger than the standard sort of club player I play with. I'd say Medium Power but I almost always get it in the court and rarely put them in the net so I suppose I have sort of a trade off. I see a lot of powerful smashers that dump almost all their smashes into the net or send them wide of the court, I rate their smash speed as probably twice as powerful as mine but completely pointless in a match.

I would love a smash that big but I just don't have the power in my arm they do, having said that I played against a really skinny Malaysian student, his arms were about half the diameter of mine. His smash was so fast you couldn't see it. I still got it back though but it had to come your way if you get what I mean. So I realize powerful smash is more technique than actually arm strength. Look at Greg Ruzedski, he had flabby arms and yet served at 153mph and held the world record for a while. Nadal has massive arms and yet he serves much slower.

But as far as a racket is concerned- what is the best one to maximize that power?

I have NS9000X and it is quite powerful but for some reason I don't fancy using it. I prefer my AT900T as for me it delivers plenty of power and feel. I also feel that my smash is more powerful when I am relaxed rather than when I actually trying and hit it as hard as I can. I just ordered a At800def but thats more for a defensive game even though its smash was impressive when I used one. I have heard someone mention rackets I've never heard of (not Yonex or Carlton ect) and they say it's the most powerful racket. But can you tell me whats it's full name and brand and where I can get one please.

I don't really need to smash against my club opponents because I can control the point against them (higher level) but when I move to a better club i will need to improve this aspect of my game and when that time comes will need the best racket for it.

please recommend me the racket.

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    What is the best racket for power?
    ans: RSL X2 Gold

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    RSL X2 Gold or SOTX Woven 11

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    The racquet that suits you best will make your smash the most powerful. I cannot use the NS9000X to make power, so it's powerless for me even though it's "powerful". In the same sense, I cannot probably use the X2GOLD or Woven 11. However, I can get lots of power from AT700, AT900T, MP99, etc.

In a sense, the racquet which fits you best will be the most powerful for you. Don't just listen to other people's opinions. I think AT700 is great for defense, XtC may agree with me here, but other people think it's like a stick with a rock attached to it.

Demo the racquets for yourself to try.

5. mr_flibbles

mr_flibbles Regular Member

bum
    I can't demo them because nobody at my club has them. Just received my AT800def just now. Are the RSL X2 Gold and Woven 11 old designs at all and thus less expensive or will it cost the earth to buy one? I can't find them for sale anywhere. Anyone have a link?

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You can try puppysports or ibuysports for the SOTX rackets. Badmintonshoponline for RSL rackets.

7. Dead Fish

Dead Fish Regular Member

Teacher
    I usually play with a AT 900T but i've tried out the ArcSaber 10 a few times, I personally think that racket gives fantastic power and control. Also I like the NS 8000 when I feel like smashing, but the best power racket in my opinion is the AT 900P which although quite good for smashing feels dead at the net and is terrible for defence. However each players preference is different and if you like the AT 900T why don't you stick with it?