Victor Dual pipe series

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by vilupilu, Aug 7, 2008.

1. vilupilu

vilupilu New Member

hero
    Ive seen these Dual pipe racquets and my first thought was: "wow that's some innovating stuff". But now I've started to think how is it even possible to make such racquet.

Badminton racquets frame is quite slim approx. 10-13mm. The frame wall has to be attleast 1mm thick and grommets are allmost (widest ones) 3mm. To make dual pipe racquet, frames "middle" wall has to be about 5mm thick so that grommet holes can be drilled. So in the narrowest part (the head of frame) one pipe is about 1.5mm of diameter.
    Measurement taken from my yonex mp-99.

OK, let say that its possible to make such racquet, but because the middle wall has to be so thick the head weight would be attleast 50% heavier than normal racquet. Even if the middle wall is about 2mm thick, the frame would weight atleast 10-15% more compared to regular frame.

Ok this is just my speculation but to me it seems like some kind of marketing thing more than real innovation. Please prove me wrong for example by sending an picture of broken Victor dual pipe racquet.

2. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Can you please post the photographs of the racquet ?

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    A picture would be nice

4. vilupilu

vilupilu New Member

hero
  5. limak

limak Regular Member

I think better is to test the racket than speculate about technology. I have Victor DualPipe 8000 and I´m satisfied with it. Very stiff, slightly heavier than standard 3U racket (but not heavier compared to my RSL X2 Gold). When I bought the racket it arrived with small piece of frame as a technology sample. It´s quite interesting that DP technology is used only in Victor Europe rackets.