Where Are Carlton Badminton Rackets Made In ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by SORROWTULIP, Aug 8, 2008.

1. SORROWTULIP

SORROWTULIP Regular Member

SALE EXECUTIVE
    DEAR FRIENDS,

I AM THE NEW COMMER. NICE TO JOINT WITH YOU!

I HAVE A BADMINTON RACTKET, CARLTON BRAND, WHICH MY CLOSED FRIEND BOUGHT IT IN A SHOP IN ENGLAND, GREAT BRITAN. ITS PRICE IS 64.99 POUNDS. HONESTLY, I LOVE IT BECAUSE OF ITS QUALITY.

SEVERAL TIMES I TRIED TO KNOW ITS TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION THROUGH WWW, INTERNET, GOOGLE ... BUT I CAN NOT. IN CONTRAST, I JUST FOUND THE ONLINE RETAILER.

IS ANY OF YOU KNOW ABOUT CARLTON'S ORIGIN, MANUFACTURER AND OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTORS IN WORLD WIDE?

LIVING IN VIETNAM, I DON'T HAVE MUCH ADVANTAGE OF ACHIEVEMENT OF THE TRUST INFORMATION, QUALITY GOODS, GOOD PRICE ... THUS, KINDLY SUPPORT ME IF YOU MAY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT MY DEAR CARLTON RACKET.

THANK IN ADVANCE AND I DO HOPE TO RECEIVE

REGARDS,

SORROW TULIP
    HANOI CITY
    VIETNAM

2. AGRogers

AGRogers Regular Member

Coach & irrelevant day job
    Hey there,

Which model is it?

If you're not sure then tell me the colour and head shape (classic/iso) and I should be able to figure it out and tell you...

At that price I'm guessing it's the Fireblade S-Lite, which is head light, flexible shaft... Does depend where it was bought from though (price wise).

This being said, I'm not sure where they're manufactured but do know they have a different range of racquets outside of Europe.

3. SORROWTULIP

SORROWTULIP Regular Member

SALE EXECUTIVE
    Dear AGRogers,

Thank you for your fast reply,

The head shape is ISO. Must be like that because it it absolutely not the classic head shape.

Yes, it is Fiberblade S-lite but its shaft is medium (not flexible I feel).

I do think that it is make in UK because I used to search www.ukrackets.com and found some similar ones.

Can you find some similar ones in UK? I wish to buy extra, if mine gets older.

Once again, sincerely thank you for your nice support.

Yours truly,

SORROWTULIP
    HANOI CITY
    VIETNAM

4. AGRogers

AGRogers Regular Member

No worries.

Note that all I'm really quoting here is the official Carlton line (mainly because I have most of the range at home and nothing else to compare them to...) so your impression of shaft stiffness is perfectly valid it's just that it's by far the most flexible shaft in the range (compared to the Tour which is nicely solid and the Elite which is really stiff!) - realized after I wrote this that it's actually classed as medium flex so your instincts were right! (leaves me wondering just how flexible shafts can get though...)

Construction: Nanopulse Carbon (had to be nano :D)
    Weight (unstrung): 84g
    Balance: Extra Head Light
    Flex: Medium
    Length: 670mm

Ratings:
    Power: 7
    Control: 7
    Maneuverability: 9

They're just entering their second year of production so have at least a season left before the new ranges come out so sourcing additional racquets shouldn't be a problem... Check out http://www.centralsports.com for decent deals as well.

Nice racquets though - I've been using these as my main racquets for the second half of the season.

5. AGRogers

AGRogers Regular Member

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @AGRogers
    Hi. AGRogers, would you mind to do a review for Carlton Nanopower 9900?
    Would you be able to give me the price range for this racket?
    In my country this racket being sold at around 60USD.
    Which Yonex model that has similarity in terms of characteristic with this racket?

Thanks in advance for your help.

7. AGRogers

AGRogers Regular Member

Here lies the problem!

The Nanopower 9900 is not a racquet I seem to be able to get hold of in the UK I'm afraid so as much as I'd love to, I can't review it...

:crying:

8. karanoberai

karanoberai Regular Member

IT
    Hi AGRogers,

I bought a carlton isoblade recently for 40£, would like to hear your thoughts on this.
    I was using a yonex iso 80vf before.

Thanks
    Karan

9. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    @AGRogers
    Dont be sad :D here in Indonesia i cant get the famous Carlton Fireblade because it's made for European only......(am i right?) Nano power, Nano lite, Carbotex, Powerblade and Airblade available here but not Fireblade.

@licin
    you'll not find any single YY type similar to Nano 9900. Different character and honestly i would choose any YY than Nano 9900. But for Powerblade 9902 and Airblade 33 they (Carlton) made it very beautiful and amazing for the play. I cant use 9902 because it's have a strange feel for me but some of my friend that have been tried this type ended with 9902 in their bag as a primary racket :D but airblade 33 simply made by Carlton for me, absolutely fast and head heavy (BP 300mm) in a light racket (78 gram). Airblade 33 already stuck in my hand as a main racket (before i was using YY AT900T) and i still waiting for Powerblade 9909 (not available yet in Indo) to try and i have a strong feeling this will be as good as airblade 33.

@sorrow
    FYI Carlton is UK brand but made in China.....who cares? as long it suit my style of play then i never care where it made. All things in our world will became made in China......:D

#9 issarakaya, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @Issarakaya
    After reading your comment regarding Airblade 33, i wanna give it a try. Furthermore, you have made YY AT900T does the subs.
    I am a beginner recreational player & currently using AT900T 3U/G4 strung with BG66 @ 23 or 22Lbs,forgot. Generally i am quite satisfied with this racket, my smash power has improved. However, i feel that it lacks in defense.
    I want to buy a racket which has the same or better smash power than my AT900T, and a good+ to excellent defensive ability.
    Would you mind to give me suggestion, will Airblade 33 meet my requirement?
    How much does it cost?
    Will it be cheaper in China where Carlton originated from?

Thanks a lot for your help.

11. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    It will be very very difficult to get the European Fireblade series in China or any other Asian countries and US/Canada. I was looking for them all over Hong Kong earlier this year and could only find the 9xxx series.

I guess most brands of badminton rackets are made in China nowadays, a few in Taiwan. Gosen and some Japanese brands make their top of the range rackets in Japan while Yonex is probably the only one which makes most of their rackets in Japan, except the very low end ones.

I have a Carlton European 2008 catalogue in pdf, if anyone who are interested, leave a message for me and I will try to email them to you. It includes the new Fireblade and Aeroblade series.

12. Dunk1970

Dunk1970 Regular Member

13. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    AT900T lacks in defense :confused: I feel AT900T is one of the best in defense but when i play double honestly Airblade maneuver is more fast than AT900T, that's why i choose airblade 33 for my main racket (i play double more often than single now and usually in double i play up front net) and also i dont like smash with power because i 'm control player not hard hitter ;)
    If you want to make a powerful smash then airblade 33 is not suite you, it's too light to produce powerful smash compare to AT900T but for speed and tricky play especially in double play, i recommended airblade33 for you :) for defense play both racket almost feel same to me but AT900T little bit more easy to return smash. Don't misunderstanding, airblade33 is quite powerful to smash but once again if you compare with AT900T then AT900T is still the winner :eek:
    After i read your wish :D i suggest you'll be better stick with your AT900T because that's the best all around racket at this moment (some people say ARC10 better but i never tried so i can't judge that ;) ) Maybe you must change your string....you can try NBG 98 in same tension like now and i hope you can find the real character of AT900T. Now i using this string for both racket with the same tension 26lbs.
    If you still insist to buy airblade 33 FYI the price in Indonesia is around US$ 60 unstrung + bag and i dont think you can find original carlton (not fake :p) in china more cheaper than any country which have carlton retailer

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @issarakaya
    Which city do you stay now? Which shop does sell it for 60USD? i hope it is not in Pasar Pagi, or any shop in Jakarta.
    Ok, i will change the string to NBG 98 once i have the time, and hopefully, i can get the real character of my AT900T.
    I am sorry i have mislead you, what i meant is that AT900T does not react faster in defense.
    Do you think it was due to a big grip size?
    But when i used my other racket, Yonex Titanium 680, this racket is quite fast in defense, however the power was not as great as AT900T. The grip size was smaller than my AT900T.

15. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    Jakarta...and yes in pasar pagi i bought my racket :) Why? you afraid buy a fake racket? Dont worry, as far as i know there is no fake Carlton yet. Fake only made for expensive racket (except YY, they made all series in fake even for cheap carbonex 8 :eek:) not a middle one :) if Fireblade come to Indonesia then i should careful about fake carlton but as far the price is around $60 then there is nothing to worry about :p
    FYI i bought the racket in my friend store so he gave me extraordinary discount price :D Price before discount is around $90 and he cut 30% for me.....normally he cut the price around 15-25% depend negotiaton of course ;) and because he is my friend then i believe he'll never cheat me and sell me fake racket :cool:
    Grip? you mean about thickness? or long? more thickness the grip is more great for smash but lack maneuverability. I sense that when i change my grip from YY titanium to kimony kt? (i forgot the type) YY is more fat and kimony thickness only 1/2 compare to YY and then "bang" my smash power is raise up but i have new problem in crossing net play :eek: Now i use kimony also but a fat type one hahahahaha. All my racket grip is G5 so i cant comment much about this :rolleyes:

16. Azyre

Azyre Regular Member

correct me if i'm wrong but i thought carlton was part of yonex? or owned by it, something like that.

17. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    No, Carlton is/was not part of Yonex. I think Carlton used to be a British racket maker and was eventually bought by the Dunlop group, and is now aquired by the company which owns Sports World UK.

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @issarakaya
    No, i don't afraid buying fake racket. I just afraid, i can't get there soon, as i am staying in Surabaya now. heheheh, i am quite seldom going to Jakarta.
    30% price deduction is really awesome, that means the seller a.k.a your friend, has profit margin more than 30%. Oh my God, when i bought my AT900T, the seller told me that she only got 10% profit margin, I have been cheated. Next time i need to contact you asking the price, if i want to buy a racket.

Back to the topic, what i mean is the grip thickness. i use Yonex super grip, if i am not mistaken it. Maybe it is just too thick for my palm, so it does not react quickly when i was about returning smashes, the other racket's grip was quite thin for me, as a result it may react quickly when i return smashes.
    I will try to change the grip as well as the string as you recommended.
    I hope it will improve its defense.

Anyway, please tell me if you find Carlton Fireblade Tour, i might want to give it a try.
    If possible, please include the price range. 60USD will be affordable.

Thanks a lot for your help.

19. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    @azyre
    you're wrong and @colekwok is correct about that :D

@licin
    YY profit margin is about 10%, he's telling you the truth ;) YY is market leader and of course the price is so high and profit is so low :rolleyes:
    About Fireblade......i'm very sure 110% that type will never come to Indonesia at least till the end of this year:crying:. You can buy that type in Europe but surely not available in Asia like they (euro) will never see the powerblade type :eek: That's Carlton policy right now and i hope they'll change their mind next year :D
    My friend already tried to bring Fireblade from France area and the racket price -/+ Rp 1,3 juta :eek: not include shipment. The price is almost same as YY high end racket in Jakarta and i dont think i'll spend my money that much for unknown racket (nobody in Asia tried this type, and can't find any review for this type also):cool:

20. Ganz73

Ganz73 New Member

Hi colekwok...
    I'm from Indonesia, could you email me the Carlton European 2008 catalogue.
    Thank you so much....