User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 52

Thread: Olga Konon

  1. #35
    Regular Member press100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On earth...
    Posts
    1,388
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just read from Badzine that Olga will applying for German citizenship. So will she be playing for Poland @ Germany teams?

  2. #36
    Regular Member lcleing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by press100 View Post
    I just read from Badzine that Olga will applying for German citizenship. So will she be playing for Poland @ Germany teams?
    confirmed. See below.

    http://www.badzine.net/features/20-q...-germany/8851/


    Words of wisdom, especially answer in A10.

    @kuwichert
    Now we know that why she isn't well exposed in internationa; thournaments. Anyway, she is playing for Germany now, aren't you excited?

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    confirmed. See below.

    http://www.badzine.net/features/20-q...-germany/8851/


    Words of wisdom, especially answer in A10.

    @kuwichert
    Now we know that why she isn't well exposed in internationa; thournaments. Anyway, she is playing for Germany now, aren't you excited?
    that's new, just got it from Badzine as well. I didn't know that there was some trouble (as it sounds like) with the Polish team. It's also somehow strange - but good for players - that it is allowed to to play for 3 different countries in team tournaments - anyway, good for her.
    For the German team it is also good, she has beaten Juliane a couple of times already, and for me she is the better player compared to Ms Schenk. But important for the Baddy world would be if she is enabled now to play some more tournaments and can join SS. So it looks that we gotta keep an eye on her, and with some success it will hopefully push Baddy a bit more in Germany - we can't trust the knight, we need the girls!

  4. #38
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both the Polish coaches leaving was a good indicator (the Korean coach, now headcoach of Netherlands and the russian woman now back in Russia) . Can't find the thread were we previously discussed it ... maybe Bitburger thread? Not important anymore anyway ... lucky Germans: perfect replacement Schenk for Xu Huiawen and Olga for Schenk in WS2.
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-15-2010 at 06:16 PM.

  5. #39
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Hoping that Olga could raise the WS players' standard in Poland

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Both the Polish coaches leaving was a good indicator (the Korean coach, now headcoach of Netherlands and the russian woman now back in Russia) . Can't find the thread were we previously discussed it ... maybe Bitburger thread? Not important anymore anyway ... lucky Germans: perfect replacement Schenk for Xu Huiawen and Olga for Schenk in WS2.
    .
    Yes, it's lucky for Germany and Olga Konon. But it's not good for Poland though.

    I was hoping that Olga could raise the WS players' standard for Poland. Now that Poland is without Olga, who are the other Polish WS players who could replace her as a strong WS player at tournaments?
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 10-16-2010 at 04:35 AM.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Yes, it's lucky for Germany and Olga Konon. But it's not good for Poland though.

    I was hoping that Olga could raise the WS players' standard for Poland. Now that Poland is without Olga, who are the other Polish WS players who could replace her as a strong WS player at tournaments?
    .
    Poland has only some good mixed pairs as far as I have seen. By the way, Olga I think is also a very good XD girl. Anyway, the polish didn't take her in the team events, so there should be someone they do consider the better one.
    anyway, I don't care that much about the German team, but for Olga it's the best she could do at the moment, and that should be good for baddy fans all over the world. that's it, good luck - hope she fixes once in her life the homepage LOL

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Malacca, M'sia
    Posts
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    olga konon has massive talent....hope she will be sent to more tournaments now...

  8. #42
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Yes, it's lucky for Germany and Olga Konon. But it's not good for Poland though.

    I was hoping that Olga could raise the WS players' standard for Poland. Now that Poland is without Olga, who are the other Polish WS players who could replace her as a strong WS player at tournaments?
    .
    They still have the other import: Linling Wang and behind her probably Narel or Pocztowiak but that's a huge dropoff already from Konon. Probably money will only be available when the olympic qualifying campaign kicks off ...

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    have asked Juliane Schenk about what she's thinking of having a new member in the German squad - she said that it's good to have a new and good sparring partner in the team, about how it works to be in one team she said - until now they didn't have much to do together, so lets see how it works.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Malacca, M'sia
    Posts
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    watching the semi of dutch open between juliane and olga...very good footwork, control, speed and skills from olga...very talented...and very very attractive..=D

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    watching the semi of dutch open between juliane and olga...very good footwork, control, speed and skills from olga...very talented...and very very attractive..=D
    hope there was no team order - or better say something like self-restriction due to new situation in German team. Olga did control most of the match after checking out her touch in first game, after comfortable lead in rubber, she made a lot of unforced error, simple shots she missed - hmm - we need a look into her brain, that was something unusual for her matches vs. Jule Schenk
    Last edited by kuwichert; 10-25-2010 at 06:54 AM.

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    looks like Olga is on her way now, she won 2 European tour titles in a row, I hope that they will send her to Asia this year to the SS tour. We cant put all the burdon on Saina and the Thai girls, they need Olga in the squad fighting the great wall!

  13. #47
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    World class pair join Carlton

    6th January 2011 – Leading badminton brand Carlton today announced that it has signed a sponsorship deal with the men’s World number 49, Scott Evans, and women’s World number 47, Olga Konon to the team. They join the likes of Nathan Robertson, Yao Jie and Dicky Palyama as Carlton brand ambassadors who also enjoyed great success in 2010.

    Irish international Evans is currently Ireland’s number one men’s singles badminton player and was the first ever Irishman to compete at Olympic level when he qualified for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Evans reached a career best ranking of World number 39 in November 2010 and is looking to progress even further in 2011

    Olga Konon is seen by many as one of the hottest prospects in women’s badminton. Known for her speed and attacking style of play Konon, who represented Belarus in 2008 Beijing Olympics, will now represent Germany having recently gained German citizenship. In December 2010 Konon won both the Italian and Norwegian Championships and is looking to add to these moving into 2011.

  14. #48
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Good Luck to Olga Konon in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Olga Konon is seen by many as one of the hottest prospects in women’s badminton. Known for her speed and attacking style of play Konon, who represented Belarus in 2008 Beijing Olympics, will now represent Germany having recently gained German citizenship. In December 2010 Konon won both the Italian and Norwegian Championships and is looking to add to these moving into 2011.
    .
    Good Luck to Olga Konon in Germany. Moving away from home is never an easy thing to do. Hope she would settle down ASAP.
    .

  15. #49
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,047
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you guys still remember this girl? She is supposed to shine for Europe together with Carolina. Hampered by a series of injuries over her career Konon has failed to break into the world’s elite. Konon is also one of the few Europeans who has beaten top class Chinese opposition with victories over Wang Shixian on two occasions a notable achievement. Olga and Carolina are supposed to take over the role of Tine Baun and Juliane Schenk. Unfortunately, Olga falls but Carolina shines. Injuries is really scary.

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Malacca, M'sia
    Posts
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I remember her...she was real promising...sad to see her career end that way. Think she's still playing club badminton.

  17. #51
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,047
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    from Poland to Germany. I think she is still with the German team.

    Does anybody have any news of her? What is she doing recently?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •