A new form of badminton "Tai Chi badminton"

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by footimy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. footimy

footimy Regular Member

badminto coach
    I've been playing badminton for almost 13 years, I've found a new way how to play badminton beautifully and save energy. Most of the player typically will bass on the opponent location before making a shot.

"Tai Chi badminton" concept is a new way to make a shot base on opponent "partial mind". In other words, every player has it's own unique body language before making a shot, or making a footwork. For every badminton player, their "partial mind" had been train many years to remember many kind of body language unconsiously. In "tai chi badminton", we can gain point by eliminating our body language as minimal as possible before making shots, these will result the opponent will paralized for a while because his "partial mind" didn't have the record about the "tai chi shot".

These "tai Chi shot" is use in smash, drop shot and chopping shot. I have use these shot many time and the result can be very effective. These is a little infomation about the "Tai Chi shot". You can come to my place and I'll show you how it done.

2. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    Deception? o_O

(filler)

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

We're not interested in spending our money just to travel all the way to your place to witness this. Can you record a video of it and upload it onto a video sharing site such as YouTube instead ?

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    He is probably some spammer.

5. Phuong

Phuong Regular Member

thanx, i need this kind of thread to help me pass times in computer lab

6. footimy

footimy Regular Member

badminto coach
    Many players use brute and power to win against his opponent, most of the time they will charge and using speed to gain point from the opponent. In "Tai Chi Badminton" it utilizes the opponent speed and power itself to destroy the opponent offense physically and mentally, in other words the opponent play against "wall".

7. footimy

footimy Regular Member

badminto coach
    "Tai Chi Badminton 2"

In badminton calmness is the key to winning, the calmer you are the greater you are. But the problem is how to calm yourself when you are in tournament? Most of badminton players performance will go down to 65% when in tournament, y? The key is breathing technique and muscle control.

Have you ever see a hard work and full of discipline person get beat up in the first round of tournament? I do not know about you but I've seen a lot cases where the fittest player is wacked in the first round of the tournament. It is all because when in under pressure, human muscle will get contracted unconsciously and more energy is uses to move the muscle, these will make a lot of energy lost and it cause "OFF FORM" play, the unwanted muscle friction will cause unforce error and one by one point is wasted.

"Tai Chi badminton" is the solution of all these problem, "Tai Chi badminton" is for advance player who already master all the basic skill and until to a point where the improvement is slow. "Tai chi badminton" will boost once performance to a world class level.

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Regular Member

Student
    LoL, I don't meant to be rude or disrespectful, but this is just insane.
    I can't imagine anyone trying this

9. Vodude

Vodude Regular Member

General Sales
    I believe Badminton has 2 type way of play..
    Offense and Defense..
    Maybe you are a Defense type person who also learn Tai Chi?
    I think Tai Chi will improve the defense not offense..

10. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    As if not use brute force when smashing.

11. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    Tai chi badminton? Try play against old seasoned player.... you'll get it... :)

12. footimy

footimy Regular Member

badminto coach
    no...brute smash for amateur. Expert player didn't use all his energy to create powerful and effective smash.

13. footimy

footimy Regular Member

badminto coach
    The concept of Tai Chi in badminton is not playing slow or fast. It is the kind of play where we follow our opponent "game flow" and crush the "flow" to gain point without he realize it. Do it again and again until the winning point. You are an Indonesian I'm sure you know what i mean.

14. footimy

footimy Regular Member

badminto coach

Look at Lin Dan, Taufik, and all the other world class play, they play "tai Chi" style of play. Those kind of play haven't have a name yet, so I call it "tai Chi style" because when they play their game there are no "flow", they utilize the opponent "flow" to gain point. World class player will avoid "flow" in their game at all cost because the "flow" will only turn againts them. That is why when we see 2 world class player play againts each other we hardly see the "flow" in the match.

To make thing simple just look at how people play single in your place, most of them caught in the rally game until both of them have almost the same set of game, this is the example of "traped in the flow".

15. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    From your first post this technique sounds simply disguising your shots so they all look the same. This concept is nothing revolutionary and has been known for awhile.

Flow of the game is merely the pace. Controlling the pace is always better than allowing your opponent to control you. This is also nothing new.

I think all you have done is label some concepts of badminton with the cool name of Tai Chi. In essence you are stealing the name Tai Chi.

16. Vodude

Vodude Regular Member

General Sales
    Well.. for my understanding.. it seems your concept is to focus the game, and find the rhythm and follow the rhythm of playing.. is this what you mean?

Coz in my mind I only think err.. something like an old guy on the park exercise with a sword.. but this time with a badminton racquet :p

17. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Regular Member

Student
    lol my bad then, didn't know you guys were talking about the pace and flow of the game. But the name is quite misleading, I think of old folks at a park doing really slowed down karate when i hear tai chi

18. Vodude

Vodude Regular Member

General Sales

LOL :D
    I did imagine an old folks at the park with badminton rackuet..
    If I see them at the park.. I think we should salute them :D

VIVA BADMINTON! BABY!

19. footimy

footimy Regular Member

badminto coach
    When you say disguising, how many people can disguise his shot effectively? If you said about controlling pace, how long can you control the pace? In "Tai Chi" it is not about disguising or controlling pace, it is about destroying the pace. For example, you spin the water in a tube until the flow is steady, the what happen if you stop your hand from spinning or change the spin direction? the pace is destroy. But if you keep on doing the same movement there will be a new flow. In "Tai chi" syle the concept is "buliding flow and destroy, or identify flow and destroy".

Same in badminton, when a player train the same pace everyday for 3 years or so, the player will create a same flow in his every game, to beat this guy you need to identify his flow and destroy it, most of the time people will force the opponent to play with his own pace, this is where people mislead the "pace" they thought when forcing the opponent to play with his pace he can beat the opponent easyly, when two people trying to control pace, a new "flow" is created, when this happen, skill and technique will be no longer valid as a winning factor, the winning factor will be stamina ,endurance and luck.

20. footimy

footimy Regular Member

badminto coach
    Flow and Destroying Flow

In 2007 I play againts Tommy Sugiarto ( son of the legendary Icuk Sugiarto),I thought in my mind if i play speed and power I will be able to control and beat this guy, since this is my 1st international game, I was naive I thought international standard of playing will the same as back home.

So when the game was started, I play according to the plan, speed and power, wow the game was impressive, but only until 11-10 of the 1st set. I couldn't breath and my stamina was dried out, well to cut the story short in the end of the game the score was 21-12,21-6, It was a very embarrasing moment so I took the lesson and move on.

The same year (november), I when to China to compete in world chinese tournament (25-30) years old category, this time I got the 2nd place.

The lesson I gain from the match againts Tommy Sugiarto was,
    1)never ever create a flow in any match or you will collapse by your own flow.
    2) Even if you do not have endurance, it doesn't mean you can't beat your opponent.

In China, all my opponent play with flow accept the one I was beaten in final, this guy doesn't have flow in his game!!His shot was simple and basic, but the pace and flow were non!!! At that moment, for the first time in my life I play a match where endurance and stamina was not a factor in determined win or lose, it is about skill, killer shot, smash, strategy and control.

After that meaningful moment I finally understand how to play high level badminton. It is about finding flow and destroy it. If the opponent doesnt't have flow, create flow and destroy it!!

#20 footimy, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008