User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footimy View Post
    first of all, before making the shot you must do all the thing in "destroying flow" thread. Now, when the shuttle is high enough to make the straight reverse sliced drop, go beneath the shuttle landing point, relax your whole muscle and wait for a while (wait until your opponent guessing) hit it faster or slower; different timing than u usually do. Hit the shuttle with different timing every time, flow will be broken!! Usually the reply will be either the opponent is not moving at all or the reply will be a net shot.
    Why so many words for one-deception?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    In badminton there are two elements you must contend with. One is your own playing style. Everyone has his or her own style, whether it is aggressive, controlled, or a combination. You cannot and should not drastically change your playing style, because it is your own "character signature" dna. .
    Your "character signature" is the key to broke the flow, let the opponent thinks he knows your character signature, then make him guess!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I mosly agree with you, like I said, Tai Chi is a high level skill play, you can only play tai chi effectively when you already master all the shot.

I saw the final match between LCW and Lin Dan in Beijing Olympic on tv, the only reason why LCW lost badly to Lin Dan is because Lin Dan does't have any "flow", "pattern", "rhythm" in his game and LCW is guessing all the time. Yes I believe "Tai Chi" would helped LCW to higher his chance to beat Lin Dan.

Long ago before the match, LCW said to the one of the Malaysia commentator: "To beat Lin Dan, we must have calm and patience" at that night obviously he wasn't calm and patient. Calm and patient is one of the element in Tai Chi.
    I don't think LCW was lacking in calm and patience against LD. He was hit by a thunderbolt and was rendered completely useless by LD's speed, power, agility, strength, and that killer instinct. Notice the poor net shots and the half court returns from LCW? These were not because LCW was in poor form. It was because LD's shots were so fast and so deep that LCW had his reaction time cut by more than 50%. It is this "freezing" by LD to LCW's reaction time that destroyed LCW's night. Calm and patience were of no use, except to eat humble pie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because, this deception is different than usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Fish View Post
    Any good player knows that good footwork will get you to the shuttle quickly and depending on how good your footwork is give you your shot of choice. At the higher levels of badminton there is no flow in play, there is simply getting to the bird at the right time. Also you can blend into the game all you want but the most simple and best way to play badminton is to hit the bird in rather then out and always return it. If you can properly do this how will you ever loose a point?

good footwork only half of the answer, the other half of the answer is muscle control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I don't think LCW was lacking in calm and patience against LD. He was hit by a thunderbolt and was rendered completely useless by LD's speed, power, agility, strength, and that killer instinct. Notice the poor net shots and the half court returns from LCW? These were not because LCW was in poor form. It was because LD's shots were so fast and so deep that LCW had his reaction time cut by more than 50%. It is this "freezing" by LD to LCW's reaction time that destroyed LCW's night. Calm and patience were of no use, except to eat humble pie.
    That night the SUPER DAN real face was show, did you notice the forehand slice cross court shot twice made by LCW that made him 2 point (LD was freezed for that shot)? That is the example of flow destroying shot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just good footwork is quite useless. Footwork is merely one element of the smooth and fluid movement of a good player. You need to have very good reflexes and anticipation also. There are players who are very good at footwork but very poor in anticipation and have slow reflexes.
    Even if you can move around very efficiently, it is useless if you don't have the strokes or racquet skills, never mind other equally important factors like intelligence, fitness, and tactics, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That night the SUPER DAN real face was show, did you notice the forehand slice cross court shot twice made by LCW that made him 2 point (LD was freezed for that shot)? That is the example of flow destroying shot.
    Did you see the other 11 times he did that shot, and Lin just retrieved it?

disrupting Rhythm is a useful tool, and a very common tactic... I really can't see where the 'whole Tai-chi word redefinition project' comes into play...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    disrupting Rhythm is a useful tool, and a very common tactic... I really can't see where the 'whole Tai-chi word redefinition project' comes into play...
    Indeed.
    Badminton is like Tai Chi.

Badminton is like chess.

Badminton is like dancing.

Badminton is like boxing.

Badminton is like making love to a beautiful woman.
    Use whatever metaphors you please, if you think they will help. Metaphors can be a powerful learning tool; for instance, "forehand overheads are like throwing a ball -- not like throwing a dart."

But don't stretch it too far. Here's another metaphor for you:
    Metaphors are like onanism. Once you start, you can't stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread does not belong to technique discussion, thus it belongs to the joke section.

Try playing badminton using Tai Chi speed and pace against anyone, and even a ten year old kid with some training will kick your butt.

Dude, you are a disgrace to Malaysian. Don't you dare use our hero LCW as an example of your dumb theory any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tekken View Post
    This thread does not belong to technique discussion, thus it belongs to the joke section.

Try playing badminton using Tai Chi speed and pace against anyone, and even a ten year old kid with some training will kick your butt.

Dude, you are a disgrace to Malaysian. Don't you dare use our hero LCW as an example of your dumb theory any more.
    Well, when the Wright brother said human can fly everyone said they were crazy. Hey why don you check my profile. My favorite player is not LCW, is LIN DAN! When I use LCW one or two shot as an example doesn't mean he is my hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what guys, you shouldn't make fun of Footimy and his beliefs, because that's what works best for him, and we should respect that.

He's trying to share what makes him play better, and we should all pay attention, maybe question why or reason, but definately not make fun of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    Did you see the other 11 times he did that shot, and Lin just retrieved it?

It's ok if you can't see it, because to understand it you have to feel it yourself. It is a new concept I bring it out to everyone, my intention starting this thread is so that hopefully people can understand that there are so many ways so beat opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    Indeed.
    Badminton is like Tai Chi.

Badminton is like chess.

Badminton is like dancing.

Badminton is like boxing.

Badminton is like making love to a beautiful woman.
    Use whatever metaphors you please, if you think they will help. Metaphors can be a powerful learning tool; for instance, "forehand overheads are like throwing a ball -- not like throwing a dart."

But don't stretch it too far. Here's another metaphor for you:
    Metaphors are like onanism. Once you start, you can't stop.
    Tai Chi is not a metaphor, it's a concept.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We may disagree with each other. This is much, much better than agreeing with each other on everything-a dead end. There should be enough room for unusual ideas like Footimy's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW!!!great concept...master footimy please accept me as ur student....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok if you can't see it, because to understand it you have to feel it yourself. It is a new concept I bring it out to everyone, my intention starting this thread is so that hopefully people can understand that there are so many ways so beat opponent.
    No no, you misunderstood me.

It's not that I don't understand your "concept".
    It's not that I didn't see those shots (which are indeed used quite a lot)
    It's not that I don't get the idea of changing pace.

It's just that I think your theory is a stretch of the imagination, and you are hellbent on calling every good shot, and every tactically well-played rally "Tai Chi". So far, you've not presented anything novel, I'm sorry to say it...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast