User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on people, let's keep a lid on the taneepak-baiting. I know it's a fun hobby sometimes, but you can have too much of a good thing.

This discussion is just starting to get interesting, since footimy has kindly supplied some more specific ideas. As taneepak said, let's not derail it with mockery.
    Last edited by Gollum; 08-22-2008 at 06:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    Come on people, let's keep a lid on the taneepak-baiting. I know it's a fun hobby sometimes, but you can have too much of a good thing.

This discussion is just starting to get interesting, since footimy has kindly supplied some more specific ideas. As taneepak said, let's not derail it with mockery.
    Only those that are willing do take the bait...

Apart from this small detail, I am also interested on more details from Footimy regarding the application of his new found concept/theory as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I also look forward to more specific details of footimy's theory. Theories from Asian people are very intriguing, but normally difficult to learn, since they often lack details (I am Asian too :-) ). So please share us more about your method.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    This makes sense and is in fact what most of us do. The switch from one footwork mode into another cannot, however, be fixed, but is game-dependent and the actual situation during play.
    BTW, have you seen Han Jian's footwork?
    Yes I saw Han Jian's footwork. He is more to floating game and he can control his shot well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Oh how nice, the explanations of the how-to's are finally here. They do make sense to me as well. So, would Chen Hong be an example of a player using the Floating footwork?
    yes, exactly, most of the Chinese using floating footwork and most of Indonesian are using stick to the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to share some of my experience with you all. When I was 17 I was in final with an older person in one of the local tournament. My opponent was 22 years old ex-Malaysia Badminton Academy player, on the paper he's strength far beyond me.

Before the final match, I had an issued with my Girlfriend, I saw her sitting so close and talking with her ex and we had a fight, and I assume that we already broke up and my heart was broken. So in the middle of the fight, my name was announced and I rushed entered the court without any preparation.

At the beginning of the match, my mind was empty and my heart was so hurt. i didn't have any intention to fight in the match because my mind and heart was distracted. I was standing in the middle of the court waiting to be "slash", as the game begin, surprisingly my body move automatically, I had no idea what happened to me, all my movement and footwork was unusually better and my shot was accurate, but in the same time my heart was broken and my mind was blank. My body moved by itself!! My shot was ordinary but my reaction was so fast.

At that time 7 point scoring system was used and the match was based on 3 best game. Surprisingly, with no intention to win I lead the game 2-1 at that time the score was 6-3 one more point to match point. The serve was mine, just before I serve, a very pleasant voice coming from behind yelled: "I Love You and I'm sorry", after that moment I was like snaped from a nightmare, I woke up and realize it was my match point, my heart was not hurt anymore and I'm back to the game! Ironically I lost 3-2.

After the game my opponent told me, it's liked "playing with a different person". From that moment I understand something very useful:

-our efficient movement is control by our semi-conscious mind, and fuel by our heartbeat, the more blood pumped to our brain the efficient our reaction time is.

- the reason why we always deceit by our opponent is because our conscious mind. The conscious mind says "where the shot will be next!?", your unconscious mind says "let me do the job, please!". Our conscious mind should concentrate on strategy not reaction (what people call it motor skill).

- Tai Chi style is a very useful to boost performance!
    Last edited by footimy; 08-25-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait a second. Is floating footwork what the Chinese call 滑步 huabu? If so I've heard of this many times. Though I'm not really sure what is the difference between 'floating' and 'non-floating', as I think I was only taught one type, or at least the difference was never explained/made explicit by my coach/teachers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footimy View Post
    I want to share some of my experience with you all. When I was 17 I was in final with an older person in one of the local tournament. My opponent was 22 years old ex-Malaysia Badminton Academy player, on the paper he's strength far beyond me.

Before the final match, I had an issued with my Girlfriend, I saw her sitting so close and talking with her ex and we had a fight, and I assume that we already broke up and my heart was broken. So in the middle of the fight, my name was announced and I rushed entered the court without any preparation.

At the beginning of the match, my mind was empty and my heart was so hurt. i didn't have any intention to fight in the match because my mind and heart was distracted. I was standing in the middle of the court waiting to be "slash", as the game begin, surprisingly my body move automatically, I had no idea what happened to me, all my movement and footwork was unusually better and my shot was accurate, but in the same time my heart was broken and my mind was blank. My body moved by itself!! My shot was ordinary but my reaction was so fast.

At that time 7 point scoring system was used and the match was based on 3 best game. Surprisingly, with no intention to win I lead the game 2-1 at that time the score was 6-3 one more point to match point. The serve was mine, just before I serve, a very pleasant voice coming from behind yelled: "I Love You and I'm sorry", after that moment I was like snaped from a nightmare, I woke up and realize it was my match point, my heart was not hurt anymore and I'm back to the game! Ironically I lost 3-2.

After the game my opponent told me, it's liked "playing with a different person". From that moment I understand something very useful:

-our efficient movement is control by our semi-conscious mind, and fuel by our heartbeat, the more blood pumped to our brain the efficient our reaction time is.

- the reason why we always deceit by our opponent is because our conscious mind. The conscious mind says "where the shot will be next!?", your unconscious mind says "let me do the job, please!". Our conscious mind should concentrate on strategy not reaction (what people call it motor skill).

- Tai Chi style is a very useful to boost performance!

What a great movie idea! Have you thought about a title for your movie yet? How about "Kung Fu Badminton"? But before you get all excited about your movie, do you mind explaining why the heck would your "girlfriend" 's ex show up in your match? I think if people are going to pay to watch a movie, it has to at least make some sense, you know.

Want to hear my version? Here it is:

Just a few days ago, I had a match with Lin Dan to determine who is the "real" world #1 badminton player. I had this one old perverted looking old man sitting besides XXF during the first set, and I beat LD easily with a score of 21-2, then unfortunately the old man had diarrea in the middle of the second set, and I then got owned afterwards. Before the old man came back from the washroom, I already lost badly 21-11, 21-0.

With regards to your "floating" footwork, do you suggest we practice by walking on water? I heard a very famous person was able to do it and it impressed a lot of people... are you that good as well?
    Last edited by bananakid; 08-26-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    What a great movie idea! Have you thought about a title for your movie yet? How about "Kung Fu Badminton"? But before you get all excited about your movie, do you mind explaining why the heck would your "girlfriend" 's ex show up in your match? I think if people are going to pay to watch a movie, it has to at least make some sense, you know.

Just a few days ago, I had a match with Lin Dan to determine who is the "real" world #1 badminton player. I had this one old perverted looking old man sitting besides XXF during the first set, and I beat LD easily with a score of 21-2, then unfortunately the old man had diarrea in the middle of the second set, and I then got owned afterwards. Before the old man came back from the washroom, I already lost badly 21-11, 21-0.

With regards to your "floating" footwork, do you suggest we practice by walking on water? I heard a very famous person was able to do it and it impressed a lot of people... are you that good as well?
    Bananakid, let it be even if what you read is beyond your understanding. Your sarcastic bite is uncalled for; and your own version is a no brainer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footimy View Post
    yes, exactly, most of the Chinese using floating footwork and most of Indonesian are using stick to the ground.
    Can you identify some examples of Chinese players using mostly floating footwork and Indonesian players using stick to the ground footwork. Reason for asking this is, I don't see current Indonesian players (since the 90's) footwork being different from Chinese players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, not only Bananakid, but Footimy's explanation is also beyond me. But if that worked for him that's great. If that could work on me, I don't know and I have serious doubts that it will.

I always go into tournaments prepared with a game plan against my opponent. But I never went into a match against any opponent without any intention to play and to win.

In Footimy's experience, he went into the court against an assumably superior player and had no intention to play, and yet he was playing and moving like he was never before.

I don't see the relationship here between Tai Chi and badminton. I don't know Tai Chi enough to discuss, but would like to see the concepts that will distinguish the Tai Chi badminton from, say the Chinese school of badminton.

For example, in Chinese school of badminton it says the play is based on determination, skills, speed, power, accuracy. What are then the principles/concepts in Tai Chi badminton that distinguish it from the Chinese school of badminton (or other schools of badminton, i.e. Danish, Korean, etc), may I ask?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what'd happen if LCW got dumped by WMC right before the MS finals at OG2008.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    I wonder what'd happen if LCW got dumped by WMC right before the MS finals at OG2008.
    That will have a change in his state of mind, which will affect his game for either the better or worse. In competitive sports the mind or state of mind is very important.
    If you play table tennis you will understand. The ability to stay relaxed, in mind and in all your body tissues, can enable you to smash impossible shots and to defend and counter-attack at lightning speed with confidence and ease. But once your mind goes into a seizure, especially from self-induced pressure, your muscles behave and stiffen as if they don't belong to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Wait a second. Is floating footwork what the Chinese call 滑步 huabu? If so I've heard of this many times. Though I'm not really sure what is the difference between 'floating' and 'non-floating', as I think I was only taught one type, or at least the difference was never explained/made explicit by my coach/teachers.
    Huabu means "skate on the court", "stick to the ground" will help you "defend on the court" while "floating" will prepare you for an attacking game, combine this two footwork you will have "Hua Bu".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    That will have a change in his state of mind, which will affect his game for either the better or worse. In competitive sports the mind or state of mind is very important.
    If you play table tennis you will understand. The ability to stay relaxed, in mind and in all your body tissues, can enable you to smash impossible shots and to defend and counter-attack at lightning speed with confidence and ease. But once your mind goes into a seizure, especially from self-induced pressure, your muscles behave and stiffen as if they don't belong to you.
    Great one taneepak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post

HUa ha ha ha LOL very funny!! I suggest that try to walk when practice, keep you center gravity balance and walk when facing any kind of shuttle speed. If the speed is to much, then you float for a certain shot. Make sure the ur return is high enough so that you can still walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by viver View Post
    Well, not only Bananakid, but Footimy's explanation is also beyond me. But if that worked for him that's great. If that could work on me, I don't know and I have serious doubts that it will.

I always go into tournaments prepared with a game plan against my opponent. But I never went into a match against any opponent without any intention to play and to win.

In Footimy's experience, he went into the court against an assumably superior player and had no intention to play, and yet he was playing and moving like he was never before.

I don't see the relationship here between Tai Chi and badminton. I don't know Tai Chi enough to discuss, but would like to see the concepts that will distinguish the Tai Chi badminton from, say the Chinese school of badminton.

For example, in Chinese school of badminton it says the play is based on determination, skills, speed, power, accuracy. What are then the principles/concepts in Tai Chi badminton that distinguish it from the Chinese school of badminton (or other schools of badminton, i.e. Danish, Korean, etc), may I ask?
    May I suggest this, get in to the court and don think about winning, think about "just take the shot" it doesn't matter where ur shot is, make it the simplest shot, just let the shuttle past the net (don put it accurately or beautifully) you will see how easy badminton is.

Tai Chi is a simple concept about "don use hard to defeat hard, utilize the hard to defeat hard" but to implement it on court is another thing. One must have a very solid foundation in badminton, to effectively use Tai Chi concept.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast