User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Since I'm new in this discussion, first I will ask about what I've learned from this conversation so far. First of all, my understanding about Tai Chi is pretty much minimum.

All I know is Tai Chi is some kind of movement, which is using our "chi" (Human Body's Energy), using them at certain point to help improve our self. This movements is also helped by calming our mind.

Back to the Tai Chi Badminton. Most of badminton movement are actually dominated by Tai Chi compared to other sports. Since Tai Chi (Still using my understanding) is mostly simple yet powerful. (No one wants to stay in front of Lin Dan's Cock when he was performing Jumping Smash)

So far this discussion is still focused on doing footwork. Since my opinion, just hit them hard, is sometime not a benefit, your opponent could have guessed, what will happened if I put your ball here. If you're just doing those footwork, and whatever shot. Since people sub-conscious mind have certain level of pattern. If your about to utilize Tai Chi, to remove this pattern (routine formed from your training), it's possible, but of course it's not that easy.

I wanted to know if you really are knowing this Tai Chi Badminton, and waiting for your promised video. Since, so far there's only story and no realization. Well, in my opinion, everyone can tell any story. But not every story is True. I'm not saying you're lying. Just Prove It.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K4mu1 View Post
    No one wants to stay in front of Lin Dan's Cock when he was performing Jumping Smash
    With the possible exception of Xie XingFang.

I'll get my coat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    With the possible exception of Xie XingFang.

I'll get my coat...
    Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it goes off topic. interesting how easy some people are to influence in some strange way when in contact with new ideas. (creating maybe anxiety, because of the unknown?)
    like to hear more about the tai-chi-concept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think footimy has chosen a quite ambiguous name for his style. Taichi, in the context of badminton playing style is very unspecific. Otherwise all other things he said make alot of sense. Apparently footimy seems to abandon this thread, which is a pity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only feel for players like me who seldom come in touch with good players - if his achievements were true and it seems so from his writing - i think is a good oppotunity to leartn from a higher level players experience...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really interesting about this topic, please submit your video so i can learn from it. thx dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i may be completely wrong, but this sounds somewhat similar to the way i try to play. Starting out a rally at a certain pace and then changing it mid-rally to throw off the opponent, and never letting them recover their ground, then doing something completely different the next rally.

The way this works is by constantly making the opponent feel uncomfortable, never letting them gain any sort of momentum, so they cannot play the shots they want to. Even if doing it yourself doesn't feel great, it's probably even worse for your opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hai everybody,, do mean likes this ??
    http://www.taichirhythmball.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cool

Only, replace the ball with a shuttle cock.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tai Chi badminton is a cool idea, and it does explain a lot of things that I can't seem to understand about the game. Although it's not a 'new' thing to hear about Taichi, perhaps it's time to listen and learn new ideas. thank you everyone who shares and jokes also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great sign off statement at the end of the piece

http://http://www.badzine.info/index...ture&Itemid=51

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had some exposure to combat tai chi and obviously plays badminton, and I have to say the TS's idea is cute at bast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footimy View Post
    In 2007 I play againts Tommy Sugiarto ( son of the legendary Icuk Sugiarto),I thought in my mind if i play speed and power I will be able to control and beat this guy, since this is my 1st international game, I was naive I thought international standard of playing will the same as back home.

So when the game was started, I play according to the plan, speed and power, wow the game was impressive, but only until 11-10 of the 1st set. I couldn't breath and my stamina was dried out, well to cut the story short in the end of the game the score was 21-12,21-6, It was a very embarrasing moment so I took the lesson and move on.

The same year (november), I when to China to compete in world chinese tournament (25-30) years old category, this time I got the 2nd place.

The lesson I gain from the match againts Tommy Sugiarto was,
    1)never ever create a flow in any match or you will collapse by your own flow.
    2) Even if you do not have endurance, it doesn't mean you can't beat your opponent.

In China, all my opponent play with flow accept the one I was beaten in final, this guy doesn't have flow in his game!!His shot was simple and basic, but the pace and flow were non!!! At that moment, for the first time in my life I play a match where endurance and stamina was not a factor in determined win or lose, it is about skill, killer shot, smash, strategy and control.

After that meaningful moment I finally understand how to play high level badminton. It is about finding flow and destroy it. If the opponent doesnt't have flow, create flow and destroy it!!
    you are kidding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCloud View Post
    Wu Tai Badminton is way better than Tai Chi Badminton.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=58932

Join The Wu Tai Force!
    I like your style

but also I want to create my own style: Qing Cheng Badminton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Forgetting about chi?

Awesome idea. BTW found this by searching for "Tai Chi Bandminton" in google

I thought tai chi is all about the nature of tao and the flow of chi. I would suggest "Chi Badminton" as brand name and use Tai Chi style conditioning to achieve this.

I'm suggesting to use chi energy for much more advanced participation in the game. Chi can affect so many things that I wouldn't know where to begin... Here is an interesting summary http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=3434.0;wap2

My trouble with introducing any energy (ki, chi, qi, prana, etc) concepts is that as soon as I suggest that his anything else other than hypothetical idea that helps but is not real. From my own experience I can tell otherwise: a very real and physical phenomena.

Therefore any benefits you describe from using tai chi in badminton a rather visible side-effects than reasons for benefit. Chi has application from fighting to healing and is a rather mystical practice. This means that if you don't believe in the idea or your ability to acquire it you won't get it. (You could take this as a rule of thumb for most things you do or don't)

If you have no problem with the concept than you can learn. May need time, training and guidance...

Another thing that recalls when I read this thread is Strategy. I'm looking at a different way to go about it. When I quote this I usually get asked what does it have to do with anything LOL here is a quote from the Book Of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi

This is the way for men who want to learn my strategy:
    Do not think dishonestly.
    The Way is in training.
    Become acquainted with every art.
    Know the Ways of all professions.
    Distinguish between gain and loss in worldly matters.
    Develop intuitive judgement and understanding for everything.
    Perceive those things which cannot be seen.
    Pay attention even to trifles.
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    Basically that you develop by changing how you go about things rather than working on an ultimate panacea technique. You acquire technique while exploring the strategy and you develop technique as and when you require it whatever it might be. Constantly evolving...

Since I started applying this to badminton I've made a huge leap from my beginners level plateau to the point where I can think about what I'm doing while playing the game without interrupting my flow or concentration and to be mobile all the time. If you are in control of your thoughts and your energy you could hide or fake your intent - and that is real deception. Fine-tuning of trajectory is another.

I have stop here since

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8