Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex AS-40 and Victor Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oh we can so

If you shop at say MSAC sure all you can get is Epsilon, but RSL is very common here, and you can get Yonex if you know where to look.

As for an MP90, haven't asked around yet, I'll see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ayl, where's your 'local store?'

I don't have any local store that sells badminton racquets!

And MSAC has heaps of Epsilons, but i saw some Yonex there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On wich site i can buy cheap Yonex AS40 shuttles? Because where i life is everything so expensive maybe if i buy them over the internet i have som money over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bonjour,I like sea lion red or black from YOYO Markham Toronto,RSL tourney No1
    Doggie Tournement or official from hongkong.MING

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is indeed true that U need to keep the birds in the Fridge! They play better and last longer! I think one of the standing instructions on a box of shuttles would be to dip it in water B4 playing. I think the best thing to do is to keep in Fridge. But pls dont keep ur string in the fridge as it will break while stringing.

Yonex is the costliest shuttle here! we gets thousands of brands and u can get amazing shuttles at 175/- but then u might not consistency from one Box to another! That is why Yonex is best! Damn it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought steaming the shuttles before playing was also good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default mmoa black and yipu green

relatively inexpensive but decent and durable for average club play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aussy its aussie.

close to SE asia... me and ayl live about 4000km from SE asia.
    ayl we can get yonex shuttles here in melbourne even rebel sport has them. though I have seen them for about 20-30 bucks per dozen which I wouldnt pay for. If I could find some alright feather shuttles for about $1AUD each I would like to know what they are. I just use some nylon for social play though I would like some feather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not just epsilon

Hi all,
    In response to others from melbourne who have said that all people use epsilon down here, that's not true. I'm at melbourne uni and we use tai lai, epsilon yellow for comps and have used both RSL and tronex in the past. You can get Yonex shuttles but they cost heaps, like $50 a tube so if you're really picky and have the cash, I guess you get what you pay for. My friend actually bought a tube of yones As 40 and they're unreal, but not worth the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Champion.

J.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey gatecrasher, did you goto gatecrasher a few months back ? neway I live in vermont in the eastern suburbs if u know that. And those Yonex shuttle's you can get them quite cheap at rebel sport. About 30 a tube. The sell a range of shuttles from 15 - 30 bucks a tube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and I use carlton T800 nylon. Though I scab some asian feather shuttles off friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, yeah of course I know vermont. No I didn't make it to gatecrasher, heard it was good though. The yonex shuttles you're talking about are different, I'm talking about the olympic grade ones, I got a couple of tubes from the yonex supplier to the olympics because I know him. They care up to $70 a tube depending on where you get them, and trust me, rebel doesn't have anything decent [I found out the hard way]. Anyway, the uni provides unlimited feather shuttles so I guess I can't complain. I actually prefer tai lai to epsilon because epsilon yellow are too quick, it's hard to hit finesse shots with them but I'm stuck with them to play tournaments. Anyway, you should move on to using just feather if you can because using nylon is a completely different game. Cheers

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Anyone use AS-50 before?

Anyone used AS-50 before?

AS-50 has been the official tournament shuttle for many international tournaments (at least the one officially sponsored by Yonex), and probably one of if not the best shuttles in the market. however, the cost of a tube of AS-50, at over US$20 a tube, is rather prohibitive for the average player with shallow pockets like us.

however, the AS-50 does give us a good guideline as to what a good shuttle should feel like, and we should seek birdies that is leaning towards having those characters.

but that requires someone to have used the AS-50 before.

so i did. somebody brought some AS-50 to the gym one day, so i had the chance to has a whack on them.

shuttle nirvana?

the initial feeling of the AS-50 that really strucks me is that it is rigid. a very snappy feel. many birdies i have used has a more mushy type of feel to it. when you hit it, you can feel the birdie deforming softly. but the AS-50 is just the opposite of it. rigid and responsive, it will do what you tell it to do.

the flight characteristic is very consistant, straight and not wobbly, you can pretty much know that it will always do the same thing, without any surprises.

i was also surprised that it felt a little bit heavier than the average shuttle. perhaps that has to do with the rigidity as well.

so far i haven't found any birdie that feels like that. anybody?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Yes, I used it before.

Originally posted by kwun

AS-50 has been the official tournament shuttle for many international tournaments (at least the one officially sponsored by Yonex), and probably one of if not the best shuttles in the market. however, the cost of a tube of AS-50, at over US$20 a tube, is rather prohibitive for the average player with shallow pockets like us.

however, the AS-50 does give us a good guideline as to what a good shuttle should feel like, and we should seek birdies that is leaning towards having those characters.

but that requires someone to have used the AS-50 before.

so i did. somebody brought some AS-50 to the gym one day, so i had the chance to has a whack on them.

shuttle nirvana?

the initial feeling of the AS-50 that really strucks me is that it is rigid. a very snappy feel. many birdies i have used has a more mushy type of feel to it. when you hit it, you can feel the birdie deforming softly. but the AS-50 is just the opposite of it. rigid and responsive, it will do what you tell it to do.

the flight characteristic is very consistant, straight and not wobbly, you can pretty much know that it will always do the same thing, without any surprises.

i was also surprised that it felt a little bit heavier than the average shuttle. perhaps that has to do with the rigidity as well.

so far i haven't found any birdie that feels like that. anybody?
    Yes, I used it before. As you wrote, it is a very solid bird and very responsive. The tube I have cost me CND 30 before taxes. So, it's about USD 20 before taxes. The only bird that comes close to AS-50's characteristic is the Aeroplane series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone use AS-50 before?

Originally posted by kwun

Yes, I have used it once in a while when I'm rich!
    It's indeed the best shuttle I've ever used but it's too expensive!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast