SOTX Woven 6i Pictures

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by sierra117, Aug 10, 2008.

1. sierra117

sierra117 Regular Member

Engineering Student
    I'm not sure how new 6i's are from SOTX, but I've Uploaded some pictures that i took.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
  3. Ironhide

Ironhide Regular Member

Student
    @sierra117
    Would you mind to give us review on how does Woven6i performs compared to your Head Nanopower 700?

4. sierra117

sierra117 Regular Member

Engineering Student
    This is my first racket review/comparison, please bear with me :p

I would have to say that the SOTX is the best out of the two, although if you want a fairly good racket for a moderate price, go with the Nano Power 700.

The Woven is half a centimetre shorter than the Nanopower 700 at 670 mm compared to 675 mm. The Nanopower 700 is more head heavy, good for attacks, whereas the SOTX feels even.

Attacking:
    I am an offensive minded guy, but the SOTX gives me some impressive smash velocity. It's a relatively flexible shaft, but the Nanopower 700 is similar. However, the Nanopower racket doesn't seem to give me very consistent velocity on the smash. This is most likely due to the head shape and equivalently the size of the sweet spot. Although both head shapes are isometric, but the Woven 6i is more isometric. The Nanopower is more of a oval shape. Since the sweet spot is larger, I noticed faster/more powerful/consistent smashes from the Woven 6i, compared to the nanopower where I have the odd powerful smash. I depend on my swing speed rather than my strength to generate velocity, so having a lighter racket is good if your arms are not that strong. But if you're strong, then the head-heavy Nanopower is a better choice.

Defending:
    The Woven from what I read on the forums is a defensive racket, it's nice and light for lots of control. For me, the Nano is a little slower, but not by a whole lot. I give the edge to the Woven.

Overall:
    Personally, I love the Woven 6i because it's lightweight, giving you some options in attacking and defending. The Nanopower 700 is a very good racket too, head heavy for nice attacks. If money is no problem and you're looking for a good all around racket, go with the Woven. However, if you wish to have a budget racket but with good performance as well, go with the Nanopower. For me the Woven was about $104 Canadian direct from SOTX. The Nanopower was about $60-70 at my local Sportmart/Sportchek. I'm from Canada, badminton is not as popular as in Indonesia, but the Nanopower was easily accessible/replaceable. Ultimately, the choice is up to you.

I hoped this has helped somewhat.

5. Ironhide

Ironhide Regular Member

Student
    @sierra 117
    Your comparison has helped me a lot. Thanks for helping me. Currently i am also looking for a racket which is light, good in defense as well as offense. Most probably i will buy this Woven 6i, on top of the performance, the design was really attractive in my opinion. I am not sure, how much does it cost in Indonesia, hopefully it is not CAD 104. I will buy it in Beijing, i wish i can get a good bargain.

@phandrew
    Which one is better in terms of offense and defense between SOTX Woven 11 and Woven 6i?

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I never played with W6i before but i think there shouldn't a big difference between W6 and W6i. W11 is probably the most powerful racket i tried. W6i should have better defence while W11 will have better offence.