Tamworth Staffs I need a playing buddy

Discussion in 'UK' started by Deanoman, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Deanoman

Deanoman Regular Member

First Line Manager
    Hi all, I live in Tamworth Staffs and I need a badminton buddy. I am male aged 39 recently moved into Tamworth from London. My girlfriend is unable to play because of an injury to her elbow :crying:(To be honest I never really even got a sweat going when playing her ha ha). I would say I am pretty good and get around the court pretty well. What I lack in fitness I make up with skill. But dont take my word for it. Come and give me a game. I would prefer a male to play against. So let me know if you out there and can come challange me. I am not sure if there is a club in Tamworth, so if anyone knows where there is one please let me know. I simply have nobody willing to give me a game. Since watching badminton on the olympics I am getting the buzz again.
    Hope to hear from someone soon.

2. AndyH1970

AndyH1970 Regular Member

Badminton Buddy

Hi

I just wondered whether you are still looking for someone to play badminton with in Tamworth.

Cheers

Andy

3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

There used to be a club in Tamworth (the Saxons) but it folded last year (I think)
    In the South Staffs league area, your nearest clubs are probably
    Three Spires (Lichfield), Reedswood (Brownhills), and Streetly

(I play for Reedswood myself)
    http://groups.google.com/group/reedswood-badminton-club-uk

You are also near the East Staffs league and there are clubs at
    Barton-under-Needwood and Burton

see also
    www.staffordshirebadminton.org.uk/
    www.esbl.co.uk (East Staffs)

www.ssbl.co.uk (South Staffs)
    click on Directory for a list of clubs, club nights and locations

4. Deanoman

Deanoman Regular Member

First Line Manager
    Hi, I am playing every monday in Tamworth but would like to play twice a week, So yes I would be up for a game, how old are you? Wednesday or Thursday would be good for me.

Dean

5. AndyH1970

AndyH1970 Regular Member

Hi Dean

I did reply before but dont know why it didnt get posted.

I am 38.

I would be up for playing on a wed or thurs. Where do you play as I dont know of anywhere in Tamworth. I currently play in Coleshill on Tuesdays usually.

If you fancy a game let me know.

email address is andrew.harris14 at virgin.net if you want to contact direct.

Cheers

Andy

6. AndyH1970

AndyH1970 Regular Member

Hi Dean

Just wondered whether you fancied that game? No worries if you found another playing partner already.

Cheers

Andy

7. mike!

mike! New Member

hey

there is a club which plays every wednesday 8 till 10 pm at belgrave sports centre i am club secretary so if you want to know anymore just let me know we r playing in nuneaton badminton leauge atm

mike

8. AndyH1970

AndyH1970 Regular Member

Hi Mike

Yes I would definitely be interested. The only thing is with my work covering the whole country (IT Project Manager) there woudl be some weeks when would not be able to make it with working away (nto often but occasionally). Would that be a problem? What level are most of your players?

Cheers

Andy

9. Darren J

Darren J New Member

Hi Mike.

I dont know if you replied to andy's question ref the standard of play at the belgrave club, but myself and a few friends play badminton in tamworth every week (singles matches preferred), and we have been looking for somewhere to expand our horizons a little (some kind of tournament / club).

could you give me any details about the club - do you play in local tournaments and such? is it geared towards singles or doubles primarily?

Cheers

10. mike!

mike! New Member

hey sorry about the late reply it it mainly doubles games as we have only 3 courts and usally fill them we r playing in nuneatoon badminton league this season u r more than welcome to come and have a game. the standard of play varies but u will get a decsent game :)

mike

11. thecomet7

thecomet7 New Member

Tamworth

Hi, im new to tamworth and was wondering if any knew where i could just play 4 fun in tamworth thnx

12. AndyH1970

AndyH1970 Regular Member

contact Details

Hi

Thanks for info about Belgrave venue. Do you have contact details? Who do i need to contact about coming along? Or is it just turn up?

Are there joining costs etc? Or just cost to cover cost of court?

Any info gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

13. davecool

davecool New Member

I am in Tamworth too

Hi

Just looking to play a game with someone, I used to play squash till i broke my leg, so been out of cast now for 5 months so want to gradually build back up again so I need a playing partner...

Anyone out there?

Thanks

Dave

14. leehack

leehack Regular Member

Web Designer
    Also looking for a playing buddy in Tamworth

I play once a week at the Belgrave sports centre on a Thursday, guy i play with kicks my butt every week but i've closed the gap considerably. He's a triathlete so damn fit and also good at badders! He can only play once a week though with other training commitments.

I'd love to play twice a week so looking for a regular partner to play with each week on a set day and time. I like it to be a set time and day so becomes part of a routine etc. Part of that is of course having a reliable partner. I've never not turned up, so i'm very reliable.

I'm 37 years old, average fitness, not really sure how i'd class my ability, i guess i'd say average or OK and improving.

Really interested in playing another time per week and can start immediately. My ideal playig time would be 7-8 on any day that's not a Thursday, but i can be flexible to a certain degree. I work from home so could actually play diring the day if anyone knows where to play in the day.

15. leehack

leehack Regular Member

Web Designer
    I'm in Tamworth too, looking for a regular and reliable partner to play each week. I currently play with a mate for an hour on a Thursday night (8-9) at Belgrave sports centre. He can only play once a week, whereas i'd like to play twice or maybe even three times a week ideally.

I'm 37 years old, reasonably fit, bit overweight and i guess i'm an average player, i'm not sure how you know how good or bad you are until you play a range of other players. I know my mate kicks my ass each week, although i have closed the gap considerably over time. It doesn't help that he is a training triathlete and leaves me for dead on the fitness side.

I'm very reliable, never missed a game and looking to establish a set day and time to play each week, i can play during the day if anyone knows of any daytime courts also and can play any night in the week at any time to suit. My preference would be 7-8 on any day that is not a Thursday.

Anyone interested, feel free to give me a shout.

Cheers

Lee

16. davecool

davecool New Member

Would be great to play a game

Hi Leehack

Would be good to play a game with you

My email is davidharper_2002@yahoo.co.uk

Drop me an email with your numbner and we can get something arranged

Thanks

Dave

17. Kempster

Kempster New Member

Project manager
    Re the recent replies to this thread... I too am in Tamworth looking to return to play after 12 months off. Used to play on a Wednesday at the Belgrave club... Not sure if it's still going, 12 months ago interest just died off. Think I'm going to turn up see whats what... But if any one fancies a Wednesday evening game with someone that's less than fit and a bit rusty, let me know...

18. leehack

leehack Regular Member

Web Designer
    I'm up for a game on Wednesday night if you are interested, I think we'd have to play 6-7 or 7-8 though because I think its club night on a Wednesday (8-10) and they have 3 courts all playing doubles. You can see my CV on the previous posts, if that sounds OK to you, let me know. You might find you are too good for me if used to play regularly, which would be great for me, just not sure how you'd feel about that. I'm an ok and improving player, 37 years old, 6ft 1 and 17 stone. I'm probably fitter than I look or sound, because I've had a triathlete run me round the court for past few months. Let me know either way. Cheers.

19. ShaneB

ShaneB New Member

Hi Kempster,

Read your message I would be interested in a game of badminton on wednesday nights, or if anybody would fancy a game. Just started playing this year. made a change from squash. So anybody interested in playing singles or doubles let me know.

Get in touch if interested in a game.

ShaneB

20. leehack

leehack Regular Member

Web Designer
    I can play on Wednesdays if you fancy it, I play at Rawlett school nowadays as Belgrave has closed down to all but club nights. I'm only interested in singles though, better exercise than doubles I find. Needs to be booked in advance, let me know.