Usa Team

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by bmton, Aug 13, 2008.

1. bmton

bmton New Member

USA Team still suck at the Bejing, mens got an easy ride to the Quater round. Howard Bach still sucks second time around ... what a joke ...... think winning one major open he all that tried some of the asian open....

2. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

Wow...1st posting...make a thread..welcome to BC forum...

3. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I don't think many people actually believed Back/May would beat Cai/Fu at their home ground, or USA could actually beat China in badminton.

So let's chill, they already gave their best. ;)

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Please show some respect to athlete. There's only 1 gold medal, but everyone is a winner. :cool: They work hard, and they are the current best to represent the nation.

If you think yourself can be a better representatitve, work on your own skills and try to qualify next time yourself. :rolleyes:

5. gillybean18

gillybean18 Regular Member

Watching the USA games and then the other games made me realize that we're still quite far behind the levels of the top international players.

Anna Rice (Canada) looked pretty good though.

6. bmton

bmton New Member

i don't see any badminton trial like other sports.... they got nomiated... plus due to they new scoring system and rule (which is stupid) they are able to get higher scores.... and they still suck.....go wacth the rewind the shot they make in double is setting themself up....

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

hi bmton,
    1) welcome to bcbf.
    2) i like your drive and love for the badminton in us.
    3) i would like to bag differ from lb's post. there is only 1 gold medal. everyone else are loser.:eek: you know me, sometime i look at the wrong side.
    4) there are so many other sport us suck at. for example, soccer (or foot ball where every else in the world call it), table tennis (or ping pong) or beach valley ball. That is why we need to have grass root effort to introduce badminton (not you bmton) in us.
    5) just like many sports, the best way to put up the best athlete in you country is just to pick (or nominate) the best one you have. Just like tennis, there is no trial for tennis. nor there is a trial for basketball.

we all love badminton here. just have fun...

8. xlasher

xlasher Regular Member

I think their preparation is not enough.... What I think they only prepare how to show their qualified to Olympics to the US Public. More to advertisement...

We do not need that.... we need you to really respect opponent. and not take them easy when they are actually better than US Pair.... I hope there will be another from US in the next Olympic:eek::eek::eek:

9. gillybean18

I think a key way for the US players to continue to improve is to play international tournaments whenever they can, since they're not going to get that much better playing the other people here. Flying to Europe and Asia a lot would probably be pretty expensive though.

10. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.

Howard and Bob didn't get nominated for no reason, they are the best USA has, and had to beat out close Canadian rivals in order to represent their country in the Olympics. Although they are not as skilled as some of the other top pairs, they do not necessarily suck. Of course, if you'd like to prove your narrow-minded and scornful opinion more, then I would like to see you in a game against these pros (and win), and only then will any of your disrespectful, uninformative and grammatically incorrect comments have any bearing on the minds of real badminton fans.:)

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D never mind ...

#11 demolidor, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nominated? you are mis-informed, i am afraid. the qualification to enter the Olympics is according to BWF world ranking. players had to go out and play and win enough matches/points to be qualified.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes, they beat CAN's MD to qualify:mad::D
    hey our canadian boys are getting too old....

14. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    You can't call 41 year old Mike Beres a boy! lol, but its seriously time for someone new to step up as Canada's MD pair, most likely Alvin Lau and Toby Ng/Richard Liang

15. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

I think Howard/Bob played pretty well in the first half of game 2. I believe it was 9-9 and trailing 11-9 at the break. They were out-classed the rest of the match. But you got to give credit to Cai/Fu, they played great yesterday.

I would agree that Howard played very poorly in this and the earlier match, making a lot of silly mistakes at the net. But on the positive side, I think Bob Malaythong played very well, especially being his first Olympics. At time, it seemed like Bob was the leader and Howard was the new guy. At least, Team USA has a leader come 2012.

16. Turnip

Turnip Regular Member

I read this on nbcolympics.com:

I hope it's not true, he is fun to watch!

17. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Agree. Hope that is not true. But being a coach doesn't mean he can't compete.

18. gillybean18

Boston as a coach eh? I wonder if that means Marblehead club, Maugus club, or something else.

#18 gillybean18, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  19. bongcai

bongcai New Member

Howard Bach will not win that one major open without Tony Gunawan. He's really not a great badminton player. Good enough in USA, but in the world competition, without Tony Gunawan ... he's nothing.

20. harimau

harimau Regular Member

ITs, CEs, P&C Insurance Agent
    Marblehead replacing Melinda who is going back to her country for good !!