User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Edmonton "Coach"

Hi There,

I'm a 21yr old student badminton player living on campus, and would like to find a good player to help me improve some of my techniques. I'm not looking for a professional coach, just someone who can show me how to do a proper backhand clear, some footwork tips, and improving my net shots. I will pay for coaching and practice. Please send me a message if you are interested and we can arrange a time to meet.

Thank You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnX View Post
    Hi There,

I'm a 21yr old student badminton player living on campus, and would like to find a good player to help me improve some of my techniques. I'm not looking for a professional coach, just someone who can show me how to do a proper backhand clear, some footwork tips, and improving my net shots. I will pay for coaching and practice. Please send me a message if you are interested and we can arrange a time to meet.

Thank You
    you could try Capitol Academy, coached by Alan Thom. he runs classes once a week, and he has a wide range of students, beginner to advanced. if you do a search through the forums you can find contact info. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am one of Alan's students, I'll let you know if there is one for this upcoming 2008/2009 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested in being coached as well. Noticed skinny kids have more power than I do and so my technique is definitely messed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a 15 year-old player in Edmonton, playing at an intermediate level. I'd like some coaching along the lines of what Quinn seems to be looking for, but I can't afford the Derrick or Royal Glenora. However, I've also heard that Alan Thom takes only adults. Any tips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob11 View Post
    I'm a 15 year-old player in Edmonton, playing at an intermediate level. I'd like some coaching along the lines of what Quinn seems to be looking for, but I can't afford the Derrick or Royal Glenora. However, I've also heard that Alan Thom takes only adults. Any tips?
    As a Level 1 coach-in-training (and player-in-training also), I can teach you the footwork and strokes (with some techniques from Alan).