It's Time For Yap Kim Hock And Rexy To Leave

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Dato A, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    After ''shocked'' early exit in the MD, i think it's time for both Yap kim Hock and mighty Rexy to leave BAM.

I would say the mission to olympic for badminton is failed!

2 early exit in the MD is expected, but unacceptable especially CTF/LWW. KKK/TBH from the beginning is hopeless. The win over Japs is only delaying the trip of KKK to The Great Wall and Shopping Centres for his Prada Bag, Gucci Spec by one day.

Wong Mew Choo is trying her best in the game, and i would say it's a good result for her.

Wong Choon Hann is dissapointed. Beat TH but lost to a Taiwanese who until today, i still cant remember his name.

No matter what LCW's result, i still think that somebody should step down.

somebody = YAP KIM HOCK!!!

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    overexpectation and overreacting again?

Chinese fans see exit of Gao Ling / Zheng Bo, Yang/Zhang, BCL, etc. i haven't seen any Chinese fans blame the coaches, we haven't seen anybody ask LYB to step down.

maybe the so call Malaysian fans should learn something from the Chinese fans. learn how to be a fan and don't let your emotion get the better of you.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

kwun, not all malaysian fans are like this men.:rolleyes::)
    there are just `some` of it..

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Any Chinese players with big head problem, downhilled for so long, have backing powers from BAM officer, injured, not fit enough, still being sent to olympic game?

in MD, dont forget mas still have 1 good choice to be sent to OG, that is Fairuz/ Zakry pair, why not select them?

GL/ZB, Yang/Zhang, BCL being terminated, but they still have others players proceed towards medals game.

Imagine if CHN team failed miserably, like mas, and left only LD 1 men show, are u sure that CHN FANZ WILL NOT BLAMING LYB ??

If china team also have this kind of scenario in the team, yours comment on the ''so call malaysian fans'' certainly will be as quiet as the china fanz.

5. TaRaKaN

TaRaKaN Regular Member

Hmm... not so sure about that. The thing is, the chinese players have consistently good results. Whether that be a final or a semi final. So if a player failed miserably most would say that the player didn't play well or were beaten by a better player on the day.

I'm sure that if LCW lost in a tournament some time later on in the year, not many malaysians would say that the coach needs to go as he has shown good form and results lately.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    even if that is true, how is asking Rexy and YKH to leave going to help? Rexy is probably the best coach MAS has ever gotten, he is strict and disciplined. if he cannot get the players to produce results, then who can?

and after you sack YKH and Rexy, who do you put in charge? have you thought about that before you make your rant?

it is all about expectations. did you really expect the MAS MD to win? do you really expect the sole WMC challenger to the Chinese to win? some do i am sure, but given the poll we have, most people do not. then why the overreaction when you expectation was wrong in the first place?

it is like having HK fans complaining that Wang Chen lost when they shouldn't have expected her to win in the first place.

it is harsh reality, but the professional badminton world is cruel in that respect.

mind you that China has not always been such a strong team. in 1992, China went into the 1992 with zero gold medals. i believe they went home with like 2 bronze. and this is after a few golden years of Chinese badminton when the China won all the medals in the WC a few years back.

i actually am not sure how the fans reacted then. it would be interesting to know.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    sorry if i appeared to generalize, that wasn't my intent.

however, also like to point out that outsiders should not be blamed for generalizing if they do. there are a lot of MAS fans who use their mouth/keyboard before they use their brain. and unfortunately the reputation of MAS fans gets tarnished by these minorities. so if you think that some fellow fans of MAS are conducting properly, you should speak out.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its just not publicised. And at the same time... LYB is well protected.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i know there are a lot of ppl who have beef against LYB, but that's not my point.

my point is that we don't see any fans who has high expection, and then start whining about how LYB or other coaches should resign because of a couple of defeats.

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    They are not as vocal as Malaysians.

11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    MAS results are not so bad when you look at who they lost to.

But what could be expected.........MD have not performed for a long time. I don't think had Fuzzy pair been playing they would have beaten either kido/setiwan or LJJ/HJM?

MS you only had 1 player and he is still in.

WD lost to the finalists, maybe winners....

WS reached QF and lost to CHN team.no disgrace in this.

What is the problem?

And like Kwun says who is going to do a better job? Yap & Rexy are a huge chunk of talent.

12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    As long as Malaysia badminton fans continue to scream "Boleh" to support their team, there is no reason to fire any of the coaches, because they already have accomplished their mission: "keep the fans screaming, keep them watching T.V, and also keep them buying Yonex equipments":p

Plus, these coaches and players have made any countries' coaches and players very happy, too... I am sure LYB would love to see YKH continue to be Malaysia's head coach.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    sorry for the typo. corrected above. (thanks eagle :) )

15. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I think the main happening here is someone still feeling bitter over their favorite pair not get choose instead of his hating group.

And it's been bringing out over and over for many times that we should send Zakry/Fairuz, which I think they are totally missing the point.

As early as 2007, there's already announcements that the selection of participating pair will be based on world ranking. (It's even on the paper). So every team got their shot at winning every world ranking points they could. Some did well at the early part, some did with consistent, some did well at the end part. But at the end, the promise stay and the highest ranking pairs get to send to Beijing. But of course you will have to ignore all this little inconvenient little fact so you could go on and make accusation.

16. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    In Olympics, participating countries may not be able to send their best athletes. During qualifiers (any sports) the best ones might be injured for example, so only those made it in qualifiers are bound for olympics. When the rules says only players with the better rankings are eligible, then so be it. Maybe some people are still ignorants.

I don't understand why there are calls to get rid of YKH or Rexy. They are gems to the MAS MD's. New pairs are emerging and performing brilliantly (KKK/TBH & Z/F for instance). If they leave, could those who chant for their departures suggest their replacements? Since Thomas Cup '92 only the last two years have been great for MAS MD's and the tournament winners are being coached by these two. That's something to think about.

Today in the papers Rexy blasted KKK and TBH for being no-brainers against KM/HS. For me that's fine. Being an Olympic gold medalist himself he has the rights. Furthermore if the players are unable to take the pressure from their own coach, how would we expect them to absorb the match pressure. He probably knows this pair better than anybody else around. In a game it's all up to the players. Coaches only can give instructions or advice. He also mentioned that KKK/TBH failed to follow his orders in that match.

I'm dissapointed with the losses but what annoys me most is that MAS players have what it takes to become a force in world badminton but certainly lack mental strength. This has been a problem for long enough to the Malaysian fans disappointment. Maybe we should have to brainwashed our shuttlers to make them perform! If you don't agree it's not a problem as I'm no pshycologist ;)

I hope BAM will do the right thing (keep YKH & Rexy) as I don't see any better coaches than these two at the moment.

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    who is Dato Asbullah to suggest Rexy or YKH to leave?

18. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

The point isn't who is Him. He can be nobody to have give his opinion.
    Is his opinion that people greatly make disagreement with.
    Korea MD came in stronger than Mas MD but came home empty handed too. Should their MD coaches resign too? (who's their coach anyway?)
    Should Park Joo Bong on their Japanese team?

Anyway he is Tv1 commentator with his famous labeling "Cantik Sekali" line and his mis-pronunciation of even some biggest name like Bao Chun Lai. He will be made the deputy when pemuda become the Sports Minister.

19. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    And who are you to question who is Dato Asbullah?

20. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    What Kwun said is correct, is his opinion, not mine.

When a country like USA, JAPAN, INDIA, HONG KONG even UK cant produce good results in badminton competitions in international events, their supporters may not feel dissapointed as great as mas.simply because badminton sports in their country is not the most popular sports.

How much their gov spend for the badminton sports compared to mas gov?

YAP KIM HOCK is a good head coach? Depends on the people to think and see.

Do mas have the WC TITLE? TC ? How much chances do we have to give both YKH AND REXY? As like what they giving chances and chances to KKK/TBH?

THEY ARE GOOD COACH, WITHOUT ANY MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS.