TECHNOLOGY Vs GOOD FEEL

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chaos2blue, Aug 14, 2008.

1. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

Guys,

Can someone pls advice me which racquet should i buy??
    Arcsaber 10 or Nanospeed9000x..

Personally i have feel nanospeed already.. great feel.. light and i could swing easily.. but i got confused now.. coz seeing the technology on arcsaber 10.. it is quite impressive.. just abit heavier ( i think i could adapt to the weight in the matter on time)

Guys.. so which should i choose??

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    What is your playing style?
    Technology means nothing. SOTX Woven 11 has nothing special about it and it's one of the most powerful rackets whereas yonex ARC10 has all the newest technology and isn't a powerful racket.

3. chowzer

chowzer Regular Member

i partially agree with phandrew.

i agree with the part that technology isn't of the most importance (don't get sucked in by the marketing!!).

however, i think the rackets all have their own strengths.

using the 2 rackets he mentioned:
    SOTx W11 has super power. there is really good momentum transfer in that racket making it one of the most "solid" rackets i've ever played.

With the Arc10, it's an all around racket. IMO, this racket has great net play and can produce power if used with the right timing. I personally thing it is one of the most "forgiving" high end rackets.

if you are buying a new racket, why not go with the racket that you are familiar with and seem to perform well with. It seems that the Nanospeed is working for you, so why not continue with it until you feel your style has moved away from it?

if you are trying rackets, it is quite expensive to buy them and try. see if you can borrow from a friend, or if there is a store that offers racket demos.