AT 800 OFF/ MP 100/ AT 900P/ AT700? help plz !

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nano_josh, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Nano_josh

Nano_josh Regular Member

Hi everybody!

I'm a new member to this forum. I am a high leveled player and unfortunately I have recently broke, yet another NS 8000 :(. NS 8000 is definitely my favourite racket, but it breaks within 6 months, maybe due to my large amount of playing (5 days a week).. i have broken 4 so far.

I have lost all faith in the durability of Nanos albeit their great preformance.
    Now I am looking for an alternative to the NS8000, one which is far more durable but still maintains it's power. I am quite an all round player but i like to go on the offensive and smash too. Anyways, my final decision is to get either the Armortec 800 offensive, Armortec 900P, Armortec700 or the MP100.

So heres my question:
    Which will be most suitable for me? (keep in mind i am looking for a doubles racket more than singles) or rather, which has the best durability and offensive capabilities?

From my experience

MP 100s are INSANELY durable and can withstand a huge amount of punishment. My brother broke 2 of his partner's rackets by racket crashing with his MP100 :p Also am i right in saying MP100 can withstand the highest tension out of the 4 rackets? (tension recommendation 24-32lbs?) And it has a lethal smash, perhaps even more so than the AT 700?

AT 800 OFF, AT 900 P from what ive gathered around the forums, it seems like the AT900P has received alot of praise over the AT 800. However, I have always been under the impression that the AT 800 was more durable and as offensive as the AT 900- is this not true?

AT700, this seems like a divine choice for all singles players, but due to the heavy head, I am not sure if this will suit my doubles play.

Please help!!

Thanks for your time.

2. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Out of the four, MP100 is probably the most durable but is not fast enough for doubles, i recommend this for singles..
    but for playability, you might consider AT900P.
    AT900P is great for doubles, as it is easy to produce power because of its head heavy frame & i think it is a bit more durable than AT800OFF & AT700. It is also not as head heavy as the AT800OFF & AT700. I don't think AT800OFF is on sale anymore..?

3. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    It's really late here and I'm about to hit the sack so I can't go into details, but what I can quickly say:

Yes, MP-100 is the most durable of your selections. A 2U MP-100 will be even more durable. In fact, any 2U racquet will be more durable than 3U and up because of more material to reinforce the racquet.

The Armortec series is one of Yonex's less durable series, geared mainly for power, speed, and intense play overall. In fact, I'd say the AT series is Yonex's least durable line of racquets.

I'd say the AT-700 is the least durable of your four choices. It is however, the easiest racquet to pull off the most offense.

What I'm trying to say is, AT-700 gives you the easiest power generation, so even weak players can find amazing power, strong players even more...maybe to the point that AT-700s break oh-so-often.

MP-100 would be the hardest to generate power, it's the stiffest (of your choices) and more of a control racquet. But if your arm swing speed is superb, yes, it should give more punch than an AT-700, and probably more than the 800OF/900P. I however, do not posses such strength to use the 100 to that level of power, and probably a good deal of players too.

I'd say the 800OF and 900P are in between the 700 and 100. Can't say between the 800 and 900 which is more durable however, I have had no experience with that.

4. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    The 800s are still on sale in Asia and online, though they are no longer produced. At this point it is still fairly easy to obtain them though, as the 900s are essentially the same with small upgrades and a higher number slapped on the shaft. The 800s are even cheaper by a small margin.

Same goes for the 100, though it is less common than the 800s to an extent.

5. Nano_josh

Nano_josh Regular Member

Thanks guys! keep em coming.
    I think I have come to a decision to get either AT 800 or AT 900 as MP100 and AT700 seem more of a singles racket.

It would be helpful if you could now express your opinion as to whether the AT 800 or AT 900 is more durable & has the higher performance.

I was always under the impression that the AT 900P was just a rip off of the AT 800 OFF, to "update" the racket and make tidy profits, without actually improving the racket much. Not true?

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I would recommend SOTX Woven 7 or Woven 11 if you are interested. AT800 had the frame durability issue so AT900 came out to fix that problem.

7. kristian

kristian Regular Member

I Had All of Them But MY favourite is MP 100 2uG4 JP
    and the second is ar 800 offense 3uG4 IP