User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadStringer View Post
    Sorry to hear about your "racquet abuse" story, but if this can bring you any comfort, I think that posting such horrible stories on blogs will raise more awareness to the racquet sport community (at least locally in Brossard and the South Shore).

Eventually, consumers will wise-up and go to specialized stores where the stringer does the job in front of you...it's the only way to enforce and ensure that people don't abuse of your property.

Sports Expert is a general store that sell anything (golf clubs, hockey equipment, outdoors equipment, clothing, etc) to anyone, best avoided if possible...

It's a shame because they had an experienced stringer a few years ago, and he did quite a good job, at least, he took pride in his job...
    As a matter of fact, the stringer did string my racket in front of me. They made me sign a paper telling me that it wont be their fault if the string breaks the first day. To be honest, It does not bring me comfort but anger. How would we all feel when we see our 200 $ racket abused in front of our eyes. Sport expert is already well known for racket abuse, however I don't think people will stop paying them money for stringing because specialized stringer are not anywhere to be found in Brossard. All in one, Sport Expert need to do a better job for us, however even if they didn't, nothing would've changed since our sport is not as popular.

Also, I must agree, Bob who used to work in Sport Expert at Brossard is truly a good stringer. It is a shame that he quit a couple of years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, the slip is a waiver to blame them, same kind of protection (for them) like what you do when you hand over your car keys to the mechanic (the devil's in the details).

Then physical presence or not, and it would make sense why they couldn't care any less about customer's racquets. It boils down to taking pride in the work you do, like we mentioned, the old stringer Bob.

Listen, it's been over a year, and I totally understand your frustration. My racquet was also $200 and butchered into pieces and notches (it's not just the paint job, we're talking about chucks of graphene, and carbon nanotube being expelled from the matrix). Of course I am still very bitter and disappointed, but you've nailed it, it's the waiver form, and it also boils down to the attitude + experience + skills of the stringer.

What can we do moving forward? Anyone knows about the quality of the stringer's job at the Sport Expert in quartier Dix-30 or elsewhere on the South Shore (Sani sport, Rome St.-Hwy 132)? Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    As a matter of fact, the stringer did string my racket in front of me. They made me sign a paper telling me that it wont be their fault if the string breaks the first day. To be honest, It does not bring me comfort but anger. How would we all feel when we see our 200 $ racket abused in front of our eyes. Sport expert is already well known for racket abuse, however I don't think people will stop paying them money for stringing because specialized stringer are not anywhere to be found in Brossard. All in one, Sport Expert need to do a better job for us, however even if they didn't, nothing would've changed since our sport is not as popular.

Also, I must agree, Bob who used to work in Sport Expert at Brossard is truly a good stringer. It is a shame that he quit a couple of years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadStringer View Post
    ok, the slip is a waiver to blame them, same kind of protection (for them) like what you do when you hand over your car keys to the mechanic (the devil's in the details).

Then physical presence or not, and it would make sense why they couldn't care any less about customer's racquets. It boils down to taking pride in the work you do, like we mentioned, the old stringer Bob.

Listen, it's been over a year, and I totally understand your frustration. My racquet was also $200 and butchered into pieces and notches (it's not just the paint job, we're talking about chucks of graphene, and carbon nanotube being expelled from the matrix). Of course I am still very bitter and disappointed, but you've nailed it, it's the waiver form, and it also boils down to the attitude + experience + skills of the stringer.

What can we do moving forward? Anyone knows about the quality of the stringer's job at the Sport Expert in quartier Dix-30 or elsewhere on the South Shore (Sani sport, Rome St.-Hwy 132)? Any recommendations?
    I think YMCA provide stringing services, however I can't confirm it. I heard that SE in at downtown also do a bad stringing, but I only read it in the forum and haven't confirmed in experience. I'll probably try next stringing at SE in Quartier 10/30 next time so I'll let you know once my next string breaks (which I don't think it will be long).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, thanks for your feedback (we'll await for your next update on your experience with the SE Quartier 10/30).

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    I think YMCA provide stringing services, however I can't confirm it. I heard that SE in at downtown also do a bad stringing, but I only read it in the forum and haven't confirmed in experience. I'll probably try next stringing at SE in Quartier 10/30 next time so I'll let you know once my next string breaks (which I don't think it will be long).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a small store on the South Shore (Saint-Hubert) and I do string rackets with a high end stringing machine. I am an experienced badminton player and stringer (unlike most of those folks at SE) and have been offering good stringing services for a couple years. I've never got any complaint about the quality of my string jobs, and that is because I am VERY thorough with every racket I string.

If you want, you can come see me. For more info, check my website: https://www.lecoinbadminton.com or my facebook page (Le Coin Badminton). Prices for string jobs are not listed, but for BG65, it is 19.99 + taxes (string job included), so prices are around that.

As for paint chips while stringing, these things can unfortunately happen (accidentally of course), but it should be very rare. Good stringers should at least compensate with a free string job or something.

And for SE, the main problem is that the guy who strings your racket is most probably a hockey player or something like that. These guys do not care about your racket, don't understand what stringing a racket is and means and don't even know that badminton is a sport. You will sometimes get a good string job from them if the person that strung your racket is a badminton player, but it is very rare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2