Budget Shoes with insoles? for flat, wide feet?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by goku999, Aug 15, 2008.

1. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    Hi, I am a regular badminton player playing about 3-4 times a week for 2 hours per session.

I have used the hi-tec badminton squash shoes for playing badminton and they are quite good in my opinion. However they have started to wear away and I dont think they offer a good deal of shock absorption, as I regularly get knee pains and I am looking for a new budget badminton shoe about £30 a pair which provide better shock absorption.

I have not tried any other court shoe brand.

I have looked at centralsports and I am considering the SHB 57M (http://www.centralsports.co.uk/shop.php?page=yonexd&product=6528).

Also I have seen a physio and he recommended me these sports insoles. http://www.johnlewis.com/230450585/Product.aspx?source=22009 The Ex Large Size!! for size 11-12.5 feet. However I am only a size 8 so I need to trim them down to fit in the shoes. He said that I need this size because of my wide feet.

1. Being a size 8 shoe and I have measured the width of both my feet and they are just over 4 inches. Does that make me have EXTREMELY wide feet? I have read a similar thread of yonex shoes for wide feet however their feet sizes were like 11.

2. Because I will be using the sports insoles (they seem to help with the pains and offer an extra layer of shock absorption) will they be able to fit comfortably in a size 8.5 yonex shoe with ergoshape. It is quite a wide insole for my hitec shoe and I have noticed that the sides of the shoe seem to have stretched outwards a bit. Im a bit worried that this will have a major impact on the durability of the shoe.

3. Is it best for me to buy a SHB 57M or look specifically for wide versions of the same/similar shoe?

#1 goku999, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008