User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dent,
    I will be visiting Bangkok February 16th thru March 1st, and will be bringing my racket with me. Were you able to get some playing going? I will not be staying in the Sukhumvit area but a bit further north, but it should be possible for me to get there with public transport and/or taxis. I would be interested in playing if there is an opportunity:-) (skill level, hard to say, I am playing in the lowest of regional leagues here, not too far from Munich, Germany) thx + rgds / Mats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatsB View Post
    Hi Dent,
    I will be visiting Bangkok February 16th thru March 1st, and will be bringing my racket with me. Were you able to get some playing going? I will not be staying in the Sukhumvit area but a bit further north, but it should be possible for me to get there with public transport and/or taxis. I would be interested in playing if there is an opportunity:-) (skill level, hard to say, I am playing in the lowest of regional leagues here, not too far from Munich, Germany) thx + rgds / Mats
    Last week Dent was in Singapore, should be back though. I'll shoot him an e-mail, perhaps if we can find another player we can play a doubles game tomorrow. Also you're willkommen to join me for my usual practice on Wednesday around On Nut BTS.

Dutch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    Last week Dent was in Singapore, should be back though. I'll shoot him an e-mail, perhaps if we can find another player we can play a doubles game tomorrow. Also you're willkommen to join me for my usual practice on Wednesday around On Nut BTS.

Dutch.
    Dent and I have been in contact and I will probably need tomorrow evening to tie up with a colleague here, and also first learn at what time I will be getting back to the hotel in the evenings. I will shoot you a private message. Thx for the invitation:-) Wednesday should be possible as far as I know now. Tuesday I may be playing with a group of people from the customer I will be visiting.
    thx + rgds / Mats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dutch and Mats,

Dutch@ Thanks for your reply on behalf of me.
    By the way, as you suggested, we may be able to play doubles if you can find another player. Otherwise, it's not bad to play single with rotation. However, your proposal to play on Wednesday night is quite impossible as the court is normally booked by another group. So I suggest Thursday night? Please feel free to reply.

Thanks!

Dent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post

Dutch.
    Dutch and Dent,
    I would be available Thursday night and if it does not start too early, for dutch's regular practice on Wednesday Feb 27th:-)

Dent, does it work with 8pm on Thursday?

thx + rgds / Mats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I've replied in our group message..

Hi Mats and Dutch,
    It's ok if your Singapore friend won't be interested in playing, we can play single anyway. Don't worry about a roll of shuttle as I already have one. So we can play first and share a cost later. Fyi, I've already booked a court from 7.30 pm. to 9.30 pm. Hope this is ok.
    Thanks!
    Dent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, this may be a bit out of yr topic but I am a Malaysian senior badminton fan & I would like to know where is the expected location for the World Junior 2013 in Bangkok. I will be visiting Bangkok this Wed & have intentions to watch the World Juniors in November so a little surveying on the stadium, location & hotels when I am there will help me & my visiting group in November. Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadAddict View Post
    Hi, this may be a bit out of yr topic but I am a Malaysian senior badminton fan & I would like to know where is the expected location for the World Junior 2013 in Bangkok. I will be visiting Bangkok this Wed & have intentions to watch the World Juniors in November so a little surveying on the stadium, location & hotels when I am there will help me & my visiting group in November. Thanks in advance

pfff that was a lot of googling through these awful Thai websites, google chrome was almost coming to a screeching halt lol.

23 October to 4 November 2556.
    competitive badminton. SCG 2013 World Junior Badminton Championships.
    , at Indore Stadium Hua Mak, Bangkok.
    http://badmintonthai.or.th/technical...ar.php?lang=th (use chrome to translate as naturally there is hardly an English version to the information concerning an international event...sigh TIT (this is thailand).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dutch, thanks for the info .. Great help. At least I can ask around for location of stadium while in Bangkok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Daytime courts by the hour in Bangkok ?

For people who may be visiting there are two air conditioned courts at Urbana Apartments in Sathorn Road (near Soi Convent) that will rent to non residents including rackets . However you have to take a 24 hours pass for the Gym for each person if you are not a resident which is 350 Baht per person. They do have a great pool if you want to relax after but as we already have a pool in our apartment i'd prefer not to pay for theirs. . I've tried to get an hourly rate but they wont do it.

I am looking for a place that will rent a court by the hour during the day for two beginners in the Sathorn Road Lumphini area hopefully for less than 700 Baht an hour if anyone knows. We want to go twice a week for fun so will consider a membership.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdxpat View Post
    I am looking for a place that will rent a court by the hour during the day for two beginners in the Sathorn Road Lumphini area hopefully for less than 700 Baht an hour if anyone knows. We want to go twice a week for fun so will consider a membership.
    Try the Thai Badminton Association. The hall is usually deserted in the daytime.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...11#post2036011

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadAddict View Post
    Hi Dutch, thanks for the info .. Great help. At least I can ask around for location of stadium while in Bangkok.
    The venue of the tournament is the Huamark Indoor Stadium in Bangkapi which is a distance away from the main tourist shopping areas eg Ratchaprasong, Pathumwan etc. It would take more than an hour to travel from these areas to Bangkapi by taxi no thanks to the traffic jams. (But there is a shopping mall in Bangkapi called The Mall Bangkapi if you wish to take a break from the tournament and do some shopping.)

To save time you could stay in the same hotel as the players
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=440604&dl=1
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=24183

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could also take the Airport Rail Link (City Line) from Phaya Thai to Hua Mark
    http://bangkokairporttrain.com/time-table-route.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Thks Sealman, appreciate info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I live out in Lak Si and am looking to play a bit of competitive badminton if possible with fellow expats as well as locals.

I play at Chic badminton on Tiwanon but the traffic is terrible getting there and I'm the only expat that plays on a Wedsnesday and Sunday.

I want to make friends as well as play so communication is important (and my Thai is terrible!) hence looking for other expats.

If any of you are still going to the club at major Ratchayothin I'd be interested in trying that out

My line ID is stuartbkk feel free to get in touch

Happy smashing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps one of the teams discussed here is closer to you than me. I play on Wed/Fri on Suk.56 where there's usually a Brit and his Polish gf playing too but that would be quite the journey for you I suppose. Try deciphering these with google chrome:

http://www.thaibadminton.com/
    http://www.thaibadminton.com/main/mo...um.php?forum=2
    http://www.sanamseek.com/index.html

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello All, I am an intermediate player from USA looking for a few games while in Bangkok May26- May29. maybe sunday near Lumpini then most of the time in Bang Na. thanks for the help!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast