where to play badminton in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by tigerplayer, Aug 15, 2008.

1. tigerplayer

tigerplayer New Member

business
    Hello,
    I am a Chinese and came to BKK in June. I love to play badminton and have been playing over 10yrs. Though I have not played for a couple of years, I really want back to court.
    I don't know much people here in Bangkok. Could you list some places to play? I live around Soi 20 of Sukhumvit. Any court close by? partners?
    email me at tigerplayer@live.com. Have some fun in weekend.
    Thanks in advance for your information.

2. annachin

annachin Regular Member

Hi,

From what I know, there's no badminton courts around the Sukhumvit 20 area - I live on Sukhumvit 21 by the way.. The closest court that I play at is at Lumphini (Wednesday 8pm to 11pm). I also play in Rhachayothin and Bangna sometimes too.

Let me know if you're interested in joining, if not, good luck with your search!

Cheers,
    Anna

3. tigerplayer

tigerplayer New Member

business
    Detail on badminton court

Him Anna,
    Can you tell me detail about the court such as location, direction? Is Lumphini court close to skytrain? How about membership?
    email me at tigerplayer@live.com, or call me 089 042 7878
    Thank you.

4. tigerplayer

tigerplayer New Member

business
    Detail on badminton court

Hi, Anna,
    could you tell me detail about court location, court name and direction, please? Is there membership requirement?
    email or call me 089 042 7878. Thank you.

5. annachin

annachin Regular Member

Hi,

Still didn't get your name but got your number! :) There's no membership requirements in any of the places that I play, you just have to show up with your rackets and pay for it when you're done. You'll get to meet and play with different people that is within the group.

Information of location is as follows:
    Monday 8pm to 11pm - Rachayothin (Mit Sena Court)- Sena 1 - after turning into Sena 1, make a right into the smaller soi (soi 2), go towards the end, the badminton court is on your right.

Wednesday 8pm to 11pm - Lumphini (Don't remember the name of the court) - The court is right next to Lumphini park on Wireless Road - at the intersection between Sarasin Road and Wireless Road. There's a police station somewhere opposite the court while Suan Lum Night Bazaar is next to the police station. Note: The court is quite hard to be spotted at night.

Friday 8pm to 11pm - Mit sena court - same direction as the above.

You can email me at annachin84@yahoo.com if you need further instructions.

Cheers,
    Anna

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    May I know is this place accessible by BTS or subway? Thanks.

7. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Mit-Se-Na court where All Star Badminton Club plays is located near MAJOR RACHAYOTHIN. I am not sure what station is the closest station.

8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Thanks Khun anek999.

Is that you in the photo with Mr. Sander?

9. TigerLow

TigerLow New Member

Hi there,
    I will be going to Bangkok next monday. I will be staying near to Ratchadamri BTS station. I am an intermediate player. Need ur guideline/advise on any badminton court or any groups playing near to this area?
    Thanks
    TigerLow

10. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

I got your email and I already replied it to you. :)
    But again here....

You place is in the Mid-town of Bangkok. Our court is not quite near BTS station, but I can recommend you to take BTS to National Stadium and the take a TAXI instead.
    Our team plays twice a week ... on WED and SAT from 20.00-02.00 or a bit late.
    I recommend you to take taxi to CENTRAL PIN-KLAO DEPARTMENTSTORE , so I can pick you up from there to MY HOUSE 1 court (about 5-10 mins depends on the traffic).
    Do you have cellphone while you are in Bangkok ??? if yes, you can contact me when you arrive at CENTRAL PIN-KLAO Dept.
    On the way back to your place from MY HOUSE 1 court, the taxi fair will be around 130 Bahts.
    Anyway I hope to hear from you soon. And we will stop playing on SAT 28th March because our team will have a league competition
    on the weekend. At the court, there are shower rooms for you. Just bring lots of shirts if you may need because it's quite hot this time.
    Let me know when is your convenient day, OK?

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    yes its very hot this time of the year in bangkok... i went to chatuchak market last weekend... the heat was unbearable :crying:

12. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

By the way, the following question might not be placed in appropriate threads but i really need a help from you all, especially those reside in Bangkok area and have experience about what rackets and where to buy..

I'm planning on getting myself badminton racket Kumpoo PowerShot P830 or PowerShot P800. The retail prices of those two are Bt 3,850 but shop nearby BTS Promphong prices them at Bt 2,600 each. (anyone know cheaper places that this?)

My question is, has anyone ever used Kumpoo PowerShot P830 & P800 (people told me and i read on the product description that these two rackets can be strung to maximum 40lbs!). Please tell me what are the differences between those two (which one is good for offensive play or defensive play?) Or should i be getting myself a Kumpoo Nano Hexagon 2300 just like what Bonsaak.P uses?

Anyway, i'm a double-type player, prefer to go for offensive and technique plays, jumping smash for most of the duration of games, i hardly consider myself even as intermediate player (3/7).

Thank you in advanced!

13. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

I hope you can join playing Badminton with us some day in near future.
    MuakLek in Saraburi province is not far from Bangkok. Here you can play
    with many players till you drop especially on SAT. night.
    Please visit us whenever you can.
    :)

14. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

My opinion .....

Actually, I myself never use KumPoo Racket before, so I called to my team mate who uses KumPoo. So, I got some information to you.
    P 800 is all around racket , easy to control, Medium Balance.
    P 830 is good for offensive player, head of racket is a bit heavy.
    Nano Hexagon 2300 is quite difficult to control for intermediate player or beginner.
    Anyway, it's better to try before you buy one. I tried it once... ummm...it's just OK. to me. I still stick with Yonex Ti-10 ( Yellow - White ).
    About the price 2,600 Bhts. is fair price, but if you live in BKK, you can buy at 2,500 Bhts. without paying shipping cost.
    [​IMG]

15. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Thanks. i'll be sure to pay you a visit there. for a moment my schedule is quite filled up due to catching up last semester classes. I'll be done in university by December this year, and my visa expires on May 2010. I guess i'll have enough time to visit Bangkok & play with you guys.

Mr. Anek, is there any hotel nearby SATURN? please recommend me which hotel at reasonable prices and located within area of your badminton club.

ty

16. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I just bought Kumpoo Hexagon 2300 at price of THB 3850, shop opposite of Emporium plaza. I wanted to buy P830 as well but my budget was short.

Hx2300 itself is not a type of heavy-head but rather balanced. I'm so eager to give it a try tonight. thank you anyway. :)

17. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Hi Mr. Anek,

I bought my Hexagon 2300 at that shop, but it is more like Kumpoo official dealer, instead of maibadlukbad. They do not sell any other rackets but Kumpoo only. Well, i tried my Hexagon2300 last night at TPI Cement Factory nearby Muak Lek. All i can say is the racket is mush lighter than my previous DART Concave Speed 3000. I was kinda expecting it would've been heavier-head as i could generate more power while smashing. But to my surprise, the hitting sound is great (BG66-25lbs), and the control is excellent. Still can't get used to drop-shot yet tough.

I saw ur current pictures celebration and those various games made form badminton stuff. I can only say, SATURN is truly innovative! I've never even thought of creating new games using badminton stuff. I wonder, how would you play single-paired-player whom happen to use right-handed??.. or should they be paired on basis of right-left-handed players?

One more doubt, i see the prize has Ling Ni brand on it. All i know it is a chinese brand, sponsored all Chinese team players. Originally i was gonna buy that brand in Thailand but i gave up cuz lack of information. Do you have any idea where to buy those Ling Ni brand?

18. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Hi..afrandy ( is your name Andy ? )
    It's good that you are happy with your new Kumpoo Racket.
    The shop you bought is Official Dealer of Kumpoo. [​IMG]

About the game in pair, all players are right hand adroit. So, one player must hit with his or her left-hand. [​IMG] Even the advanced player looked funny. :D

About Li Ning Brand... I asked my friend buy it from China. But I am sure that in Thai badminton website, there are few people sell Li Ning stuffs via that website. The racket is quite expensive. I am now own one N50 Li Ning Racket.

Where are you originally from anyway ? :confused:

19. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Yes, you can call me by that name anyway.

I'm from Indonesia. I bet you've been staying at least for few years abroad.. since your english is very fluent.

20. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Ar Pa Ka Ba ?

Ar Pa Ka Ba... Andy ? :p
    You make me miss all about myIndonesian Memory.... my Indonesian friends in USA, Indonesian food and drink, Bali, and my indonesian coach ( He is from Surabaya ). :D
    I love Indonesian style of Badminton [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hope I can play badminton with you some day in future. :)