May I request some help?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Somedude, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    This is in the wrong forum? So it might be moved.

Anyways, from the pictures, it looks 100% legit and checks out. No obvious details to point it to being a fake, shrink wrapped with a typical bar code sticker, and the cone serial is legit.

I'm probably nitpicking, but I would ask him for a picture of the entire shaft, and somewhere on the right side of the shaft should have SP painted on, since the cone serial states the MP-66 was an SP distributed racquet. Also, if you want, get pictures of the inside of the grommets and see if they're good.

Just be wary of the seller, he looks honest and legit, but his eBay score is only 16, so he may not be as experienced with shipping/handling and packing. Not really much to worry about really.

Mmm, last thing to note in the eBay ad for the MP-66's description, only the shaft has Ultimum Ti, the frame does not. Also, it's not a ti mesh. Just Ultimum Titanium. You don't need to worry about that too, Ultimum Titanium is essentially better than Ti Mesh, which is an outdated technology.

All in all, that racquet looks real.

#2 Midget_Boy, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It has SP painted on it ;). You can see half of it in the 2nd link and visible as well in one of the eBay pics

Why it was moved here instead of here I don't know ... :confused:;).

Digits: 5637609 in combination with 0707052SP

#3 demolidor, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  3. Somedude

Somedude Regular Member

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. =( Thanks for the help!

One more thing >.< I'm curious as to how much one would pay for a musclepower 66 nowadays?

4. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    That would depend on the buyer, if you really like the feel of the MP-66, then $110 CDN isn't too bad of a price.

Yonex stopped producing the MP-66 between 1.5 to 2 years ago, but at the time it was made, the selling price for an SP branded MP-66 would be between $85-90 CDN, assuming you bought in-person in Asia.

I suppose $110 CDN is just right, considering the seller had to ship it to Canada, and to make an extra 5-15 bucks profit (if you order online from a store, they'll usually charge you 20-40 extra vs. buying in-person in Asia). If you're a big fan of MP-66, then due to its discontinuation, that extra 10 bucks is also worth it to buy something that is no longer made.

- That being said, the MP-66 in the eBay listing is that of SP, which again I'll say is originally distributed to Asia (except Japan).
    - A non-SP branded MP-66, that is one that was made for Canada, US, etc. will be significantly more expensive, just because Yonex likes to take advantage of the North American economy and jipp us more, :p . I'd say a Canadian branded MP-66 goes for $150-180 CDN.

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    This should be in the Ebay Auction Watch. You can get MP66 for $100USD brand new.

6. Somedude

Somedude Regular Member

Thanks MB^

And, phandrew, Could you tell me where?

Also what is the email address I use to email Yonex to verify the serial numbers?

7. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Yonex doesn't have an email to verify the code. You can by the MP66 from badmintonshoponline($100USD) or bbeshop($105USD).

8. Somedude

Somedude Regular Member

Thanks for answering all of my questions! =D