User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 18

Thread: AT-900 String

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default AT-900 String

    Hey guys what string and what tension, will make the at-900P the strongest. Thanks BC members.

  2. #2
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's no such thing as the 'best' tension and string. You can however, try a thin, repulsive string such as the nbg98, bg66, bg85 or bg80 at a tension of your choice ( the tension you feel most comfortable to play with ). Generally, lower-tension = higher-power, higher-tension = more control. You can still produce alot of power and yet control the shuttle at a high tension if you have the right technique.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strings and tension have nothing to do with rackets but it has to do with people likings. You can try NBG95, NBG98, BG66, BG80 or BG85 if you want power. What was your previous tension and string?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    Strings and tension have nothing to do with rackets but it has to do with people likings. You can try NBG95, NBG98, BG66, BG80 or BG85 if you want power. What was your previous tension and string?
    i think i used a BG85 tension 22 i think

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    NBG98 at 24lbs should be the best option for you if you want max power with your AT900P

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    thailand
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phandrew
    Strings and tension have nothing to do with rackets but it has to do with people likings. You can try NBG95, NBG98, BG66, BG80 or BG85 if you want power. What was your previous tension and string?




    i use BG 85 and tension 26 pont

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I own an AT900T and want to get the maximum power out of it with BG80. What tension would you recommend?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Ninja View Post
    I own an AT900T and want to get the maximum power out of it with BG80. What tension would you recommend?
    Just string the BG80 2lbs under your normal tension.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My racquet was factory strung with BG65 Ti

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default At900p

    HI,

    I have a AT900P which I string with Nanospeed string. i dont like it. previously used yonex 85 at 24 pounds. tell me which string should i use for my racquet

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Try BG80 at 24lbs.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    Try BG80 at 24lbs.

    thanks. i restring at pertama complex. anyway is there a difference in manual and machine stringing.? the fella at the shop says that the manual machines are not as accurate as the auto machines. is this true?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanamichi View Post
    HI,

    I have a AT900P which I string with Nanospeed string. i dont like it. previously used yonex 85 at 24 pounds. tell me which string should i use for my racquet
    There is no such thing as a nanospeed string. Nanogy does exist but not nanospeed.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    There is no such thing as a nanospeed string. Nanogy does exist but not nanospeed.


    sorry i meant nanogy. Anyway is there a difference in manual stringing and machine stringing. The shop fella said that machine stringing 24 lbs is equavalent to manual stringing 22 lbs. is this true?

  15. #15
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanamichi View Post
    sorry i meant nanogy. Anyway is there a difference in manual stringing and machine stringing. The shop fella said that machine stringing 24 lbs is equavalent to manual stringing 22 lbs. is this true?
    What, hand-stringing? using the crank machine ? using the electronic stringing machine ?

    The electronic stringing machines usually have a constant pull so the tension should be higher than of the one strung at the same tension with a crank machine.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    What, hand-stringing? using the crank machine ? using the electronic stringing machine ?

    The electronic stringing machines usually have a constant pull so the tension should be higher than of the one strung at the same tension with a crank machine.
    he might of meant drop weight machine

  17. #17
    Regular Member Andy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees, UK
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have 2 AT900P
    One is strung at 27lbs with BG65Ti and its okish for power, though the strings need replacing.
    The other is at 28lbs with Nanogy95 and its very good for power.
    But you need to try other peoples racquets and see how their tensions and strings feel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. List your playing style, main racket, string & string tension
    By neoanderson777 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 723
    : 08-12-2014, 05:59 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 02-07-2012, 08:33 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    : 10-13-2010, 02:02 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    : 07-18-2008, 02:58 AM
  5. soft feel on impact for hard hitters - racquest or string or string tension
    By bz123 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 6
    : 12-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •