Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    These are their birthdays:

Markis Kido: August 11
    Hendra Setiawan: August 25....( next week)
    Wow they have won themselves great great birthday present! Congrats! They have improved so much in " first 3 stroke" and flat drives. If I am not mistaken they only need one more AE title to make them a grand slam MD winner. Its a great achievement for them and INA MD coahes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Wow they have won themselves great great birthday present! Congrats! They have improved so much in " first 3 stroke" and flat drives. If I am not mistaken they only need one more AE title to make them a grand slam MD winner. Its a great achievement for them and INA MD coahes.
    AE and Asian Games....anyway...OG is more important titles to get...as well as Asian Games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank god it was not cai/fu....if you saw yesterday's match you would know what I mean....arrogant ppl won't succeed....just like KKK....he got arrogant at one point...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the Chinese pair was arrogant last nite, when they destroyed the Indonesian pair in the first set, they just seemed trying to blow off some of the steam and pressure as the homecountry ace for winning the gold in this tournament, the pressure must be quite paramount for them. When the game was finished, they truly acted like gentlemen, whether in the closing out moment right after the defeat by waiting the Indonesian pair in the net and congratulating them generously, also in the following medal ceremony, they didn't look like a sore loser and arrogant people in my eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpursIndonesia View Post
    When the game was finished, they truly acted like gentlemen, whether in the closing out moment right after the defeat by waiting the Indonesian pair in the net and congratulating them generously, also in the following medal ceremony, they didn't look like a sore loser and arrogant people in my eyes.
    I agree with this statement. Cai-Fu were ok people... not arrogant... We respect them and they respect us too... Why? Because they are awesome, we are also awesome... Awesome people respect each other.... Hue he he he....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I had written a similar thread last year when they won the World Championships. Note that they won it on 19th August 2007, while they won the Olympics Gold Medal on 16th August 2008!
    ..i knew who was a very happy camper after their win...As soon as Hendra hit that cross-court backhand forecourt shot, and the shuttle touched the mat, my mind quickly raced & imagined badMania jumping up & down and screaming..........................
    Btw, i was watching the end of the 2nd set and the whole 3rd set of the MD Final in the subway waiting area. I was planning to hop on the subway to head back to my lodging, but was stuck there watching the last set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the Chinese pair was arrogant last nite, when they destroyed the Indonesian pair in the first set, they just seemed trying to blow off some of the steam and pressure as the homecountry ace for winning the gold in this tournament, the pressure must be quite paramount for them. When the game was finished, they truly acted like gentlemen, whether in the closing out moment right after the defeat by waiting the Indonesian pair in the net and congratulating them generously, also in the following medal ceremony, they didn't look like a sore loser and arrogant people in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    I agree with this statement. Cai-Fu were ok people... not arrogant... We respect them and they respect us too... Why? Because they are awesome, we are also awesome... Awesome people respect each other.... Hue he he he....
    true.
    Only some arrogant fans trying to create unfounded animosity and friction between players to make themself feel better. ie, they need to make other feel bad so they can feel good. If only their hero players know what kind of fans they are, they would sure like to distant these fans at all costs.
    Last edited by cooler; 08-17-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..i knew who was a very happy camper after their win...As soon as Hendra hit that cross-court backhand forecourt shot, and the shuttle touched the mat, my mind quickly raced & imagined badMania jumping up & down and screaming..........................
    me too, me too. When I saw the scoreline, the 1st thing I thought was our Badmania bring very jubilant, his heros won.
    Deserving WR#1, WC Champ, OG Champ. May they have many more years of good baddy.

And yes I agree, FU/Cai are gracious, dont remember them not being gracious though. Angry with themselves yes, breaking their own racket, yes but they're ok.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 08-17-2008 at 02:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the Chinese pair was arrogant last nite, when ....
    There was also one point in the match when CY raised his hands to calmed the crowd who boo'ed at the service fault by FHF.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    There was also one point in the match when CY raised his hands to calmed the crowd who boo'ed at the service fault by FHF.
    The crowd booed service judge, not to FHF...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ANyway,congratulations to MK/HS..they deserved to win last nite.They didn't give CY/FHF too much chance to attack,n they take a full control,esp during the 3rd set.
    Congratulations once again,n Happy Independence Day for all of the indonesians including the indonesian athletes whose playing in beijing.Hopefully our other pair can get another gold medal today for indonesia as a present!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, with the Olympics Gold Medal and the World Championships title safely stored inside the trophy cabinet, I hope our Golden pair will continue their excellent performance and humble attitude and not let the stardom affect them.

Here's a list of ST and LT goals that I think we can expect from Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan:

With an impending rest after the Olympics, they should return back to action in the Japan (Sep 16-21) and China Masters Super Series (Sep 23-28). Considering their excellent form in China, I think we can probably expect a good challenge there. The Japan Open title will also be a good addition to their list of triumphs.

Then, they will fly off to Europe and compete in the Denmark (Oct 21-26) and French Super Series (Sep 28-Nov 02). INA pairs traditionally do not do well in Europe, so, even going into the Final of these events will be considered a good achievements. Of course, a title will be very much welcomed.

The last 2 Opens of the year will be their favorite hunting-grounds, China (18-23 Nov) and Hong Kong Super Series (25-30 Nov). It's almost surreal to think that they have a 20-0 record in these 2 events for the past 2 years So, expect at least 1 more title here.

No doubt, the biggest events will be the All-England and the Sudirman Cup Mixed Team Championships. With the recent resurgence of INA WS and WD players, INA should have a fighting chance of winning back the Sudirman Cup (with strong challenges from CHN and KOR as usual).

The World Championships will also return after a 2 years absence (due to the Olympics), however, I think I would prefer another INA pair to win it this time round (Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki perhaps?)

Winning a couple of Super Series titles that they never won before should also be their priorities, like: Korea, Singapore, Japan, and China Masters (if they still couldn't win it this year); plus the few SS in Europes.

The 2 big events will be the Asian Games (Team & Individual) as well as the Thomas Cup. Since Asian Games will be held in Guangzhou (the place where they won 2 China Open titles), it bodes well for their prospect here! Thomas Cup will be a long-shot, but, if there are other Singles and Doubles players rising up within the next 2 years, who knows.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MK/HS had succeeded to shut down the smash factory of cai/fu ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist View Post
    MK/HS had succeeded to shut down the smash factory of cai/fu ...
    After witnessing another "easy" demolition of Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun in the second and rubber-set of the Final, I believe that they will not be INA pair's main opponent. I think Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae and perhaps the in-form Mohd Fairizizuan Mohd Tazari/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif will be!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Now, with the Olympics Gold Medal and the World Championships title safely stored inside the trophy cabinet, I hope our Golden pair will continue their excellent performance and humble attitude and not let the stardom affect them.

Here's a list of ST and LT goals that I think we can expect from Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan:
    Additional [non BWF events]:
    2008 INA National Championships, a Mixed Team event [like Sudirman Cup], where Kido-Hendra will represent their club, PB. Jaya Raya. Jaya Raya is the defending champion, having won the last event in Medan 2006.
    2008 INA Superliga Badminton, the Men's Team event [like Thomas Cup]. Kido-Hendra will be joined by Candra Wijaya and Joko Riadi.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Additional [non BWF events]:
    2008 INA National Championships, a Mixed Team event [like Sudirman Cup], where Kido-Hendra will represent their club, PB. Jaya Raya. Jaya Raya is the defending champion, having won the last event in Medan 2006.
    2008 INA Superliga Badminton, the Men's Team event [like Thomas Cup]. Kido-Hendra will be joined by Candra Wijaya and Joko Riadi.
    When will these events be held?? Looking at the Calendar, there seems to be no empty slot? The Superliga Badminton will need at least 7-10 days, while the INA National Championships will also require at least a week?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kido/setiawan strategy works very well in this tournament
    after witnessing so many matches of them, they frequently give low ball to their opponent and forcing their opponent to give high ball where they can smash!.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast