User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah i read in a post earlier that the karakal m-tec is 70 cuz its only the shaft , the grip isnt included in the weight calculation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Karakal M-Tec 70

Quote Originally Posted by Permochinon View Post
    nah i read in a post earlier that the karakal m-tec is 70 cuz its only the shaft , the grip isnt included in the weight calculation
    All rackets are weighed without grip or string...Karakal is known through out the world as the lightest racket made and the only other one I know of is Ashway which is I think 72 gram...Anyway, when you get this light it is strictly a defensive racket...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like racquets under 85 gram.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apacs superlight - 5u & 6u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even if your muscles are weak or you are defensive oriented, there is no need to go as far as a 4U or 5U racket. i started out with a weak arm, and i used a 3U carbonex 8200 light. that was pretty light, with an even or headlight balance.

it is lightweight, but not excessively light. so it is easy on the arm. at the same time it still has enough power to do full court clears and decent smashes. and i was using BG70 @ 20 lbs. give that racket a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried the photon (75g) and there was no lack of power for me. I guess it all depends on your play style. some people cannot generate power with light rackets, while others struggle with heavy ones. in terms of the swing feel, i would have to say it is my favorite racket, and if i was looking for a new racket (unfortunately i just bought one a few days before i tried it) I would definitely get it. They can also handle a lot of tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch View Post
    I've tried the photon (75g) and there was no lack of power for me. I guess it all depends on your play style. some people cannot generate power with light rackets, while others struggle with heavy ones. in terms of the swing feel, i would have to say it is my favorite racket, and if i was looking for a new racket (unfortunately i just bought one a few days before i tried it) I would definitely get it. They can also handle a lot of tension.
    I own both the Photon And the Photon XL, and they are both amazing rackets, regardless of the fact that they are light. I can generate the same amount of power with my Photon XL as I can with my friends MP99 (same tension =.=).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    The lightest you'll get is an underspec AT or MP88, then shave to handle down to like G7 or something, then get rid of all of the paint. Easily 6U or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    The lightest racquets produced by Yonex are 4U (80-85g), and they don't get any lighter than that. Almost all Armortec racquets come in 4U, and so does MP88.
    u guys say that the MP88 is pretty light, but i hav both MP66 and MP88. the MP66 is a lot lighter than MP88

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Mp 66 is head light. so, its has a head light feeling. so, if feels lighter than the Mp 88. the MP 88 4u is theoretically lighter.
    Last edited by jymbalaya; 01-30-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: revise bad statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah as many have pointed out head heaviness is a much more important factor than the overall weight...

My 4u AT900T feels has heavy as my friends 2u NS9000 when you swing it around... of course when you weight it the NS9000 is much heavier...

it's all relative... a 5u head light racket would be uber light just as a 2u head heavy racket would be uber heavy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2